[APP] Private Clipboard - Keeps your clips private

Search This thread

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
This app creates a private clipboard that cannot be read by other apps.
It doesn't need any permission to run.
It needs Android 6 (Marshmallow) or newer.

You can download the apk from the site: https://easyjoin.net/my_other_apps.html

To copy text to your private clipboard:
  • Select the text to be copied.
  • In the context menu, select the icon to see further options - normally a three-dots icon.
  • Choose "Copy to PClip".

To paste text from your private clipboard:
  • Select the text to replace. If you don't want to replace an existing text you need to write a couple of characters and select them.
  • In the context menu, select the icon to see further options - normally a three-dots icon.
  • Choose "Paste from PClip".

To view/manage clipboard history:
  • Choose the icon at the top right of the main page.
  • Or, choose "PClip history" in the context menu.
  • Or, use the quick settings tile.

Powered by EasyJoin.net

There is a paid version that offers a few extra things, like the private notes, the black theme and possibility to paste to editable fields that don't offer the "three dots" menu: "Secure Clips".

If you want to auto-sync clipboard between your devices you can use EasyJoin "Pro". Also works on Android Q using private clipboard.

Last edited:

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Very cool, thanks! Didn't even realize I needed this til I saw it. That's an indication of a useful app, imo. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909082804.png
    Screenshot_20190909082804.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,138

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
Very cool, thanks! Didn't even realize I needed this til I saw it. That's an indication of a useful app, imo. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out because the 'copy' and 'paste' look the same (screenshot).
This problem reminds me of this Android 10 'feature': "However, apps that have a long name and multiple targets (like ES File Explorer in the screenshots above) may suffer. The target's title doesn't display so you may not know which section of the app you're sharing to." https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...apps-that-try-to-game-the-alphabetical-order/

Last edited:
Reactions: TiTiB

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
This problem reminds me of this Android 10 'feature': "However, apps that have a long name and multiple targets (like ES File Explorer in the screenshots above) may suffer. The target's title doesn't display so you may not know which section of the app you're sharing to." https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...apps-that-try-to-game-the-alphabetical-order/
I like what the new feature sounds like, without ever having used it. I guess devs might have to go with shortened/abbreviated names if there are multiple targets?

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
I like what the new feature sounds like, without ever having used it. I guess devs might have to go with shortened/abbreviated names if there are multiple targets?
I think they don't have to include the app name but only the action name, since the app name is always shown as 'title' of the action. But a shorter action name is always a good idea as can be seen in the changelog of 'Private Clipboard'! ;)
Versions
PrivateClipboard 1.0-2.apk
- Strings "Copy to Private Clipboard" and "Paste from Private Clipboard" replaced from "Copy to MyClip" and "Paste from MyClip" because the original strings was not entirely visible in some devices

Semysig

Sep 13, 2019
Can't get it to paste, only copy!

I using a heapy Alcatel A501DL from TracFone w Android 8.
I can use the dots to get it to copy to pvt clip, but when I try to paste therea no option. Also, opening the app just gives a blurb, no settings or options. what wrong?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
I'd like to point out that this app doesn't seem to integrate well with Telegram (and maybe even other apps). The copy/paste to MyClip options simply don't appear, when selecting some text in Telegram. The button bar that appears after selecting some text in Telegram (the bar with the normal "Copy", "Cut", "Paste" buttons) is white, while in other apps (in which Private Clipboard works) it's dark. This has something to do with it, I guess.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
I'd like to point out that this app doesn't seem to integrate well with Telegram (and maybe even other apps). The copy/paste to MyClip options simply don't appear, when selecting some text in Telegram. The button bar that appears after selecting some text in Telegram (the bar with the normal "Copy", "Cut", "Paste" buttons) is white, while in other apps (in which Private Clipboard works) it's dark. This has something to do with it, I guess.

It seems that in Telegram they have changed the standard context menu but forgot/decided not to implement the standard Android APIs.

Reactions: SGH-i200

Semysig

Sep 13, 2019
Does Private Clipboard protect you from malicious/spying apps usung tje clipboard hol

Does Private Clipboard protect you from malicious/spying apps usung the clipboard hole?
I heard ALL apps can see the clipboard's contents, whether in the background, or having any reason to see it, then send out its contents to that app's spying makers.

Is this a truely separate clipboard or just a second one? One guy commented that he liked it for being a 2nd clipboard, so it made me think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app creates a private clipboard that cannot be read by other apps.
    It doesn't need any permission to run.
    It needs Android 6 (Marshmallow) or newer.

You can download the apk from the site: https://easyjoin.net/my_other_apps.html

To copy text to your private clipboard:
    • Select the text to be copied.
    • Choose "Copy to PClip".

To paste text from your private clipboard:
    • Select the text to replace. If you don't want to replace an existing text you need to write a couple of characters and select them.
    • Choose "Paste from PClip".

To view/manage clipboard history:
    • Choose the icon at the top right of the main page.
    • Or, choose "PClip history" in the context menu.
    • Or, use the quick settings tile.