[APP] Pro Wear Calendar

Search This thread

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
With this new update the bug is still there. 😐
I selected the app on Google Play and ran the Update. I tested and it seems fine. All my events (with a specified time or all-day) are showing, and I can click the event to see more details. Thanks for the additional colour choices! (I'm an IT System Tech so I enjoy troubleshooting and testing) 🤓

Reactions: H3R3T1C

eltmeister

May 21, 2022
Hello!

I've had Pro Wear Calendar for a day or so now (which is also how long I've had my new watch), and so far :love:!

One issue I'm having, though... I can't tell if it's a problem with your app, or just a data issue upstream somewhere, but here goes...

Settings:

I've turned off "Show All Calendars" and picked only my work calendar (and BTW also some sports team calendars). At work, there are several general/optional meetings that are sent to everyone (yeah, kind of annoying...). I decline the ones that don't apply to me so I can get them off my schedule.

I've set my "Main Screen" option to "Upcoming Events", because my main use case is just to see what my schedule is today, and especially to display the next appointment in a complication on my watch face.

Problem:

The problem is that I am seeing every event I've been invited to for the day, not just the ones I've accepted (which are the only ones I care about). I have to scroll through the event list and mentally pick out the events I accepted among all the noise from the declined ones.

And this usually means that the complication on the watch face isn't telling me my next event, but one that I declined and don't care about. Not very helpful...

Other info:

Not sure what else is relevant, but I am seeing only the events I've accepted in all these places:
  • Google calendar web page when I'm logged into my work account.
  • Goggle calendar sidebar on my work Gmail web page.
  • Google calendar widget on my phone home screen.
  • Google calendar app on my phone.
  • Samsung calendar app on my phone.
    • I've never used it before now, but I recently configured it to show only the calendars I wanted my watch to see when I first tried the native Samsung Watch calendar app -- because I learned (I think) that this is how the watch app gets its calendar info.
    • I then found your app because I couldn't get the native Samsung app to sync correctly and stop displaying events from multiple calendars I don't want to see on my watch, even though I had deselected them in the Samsung phone app.

My devices:

Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Let me know if I left something out or if I can explain anything better... Thanks!

(Also, apologies if this issue was already reported/answered... I tried to search this thread and didn't see anything relevant.)

- eltmeister

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hello, I'm unsure if there's a setting already in the mobile app but can't find it or maybe couldn't get it to work.

Is it possible to make the watch complication not say "NONE" on it, or is there anyway to make it just a calendar icon to serve as a shortcut?

This is what it looks like on one of the watch faces I'm using -

Screenshot_20220521_081952_sysui.png

If there was some possibility to have just the icon, it would be great!

Thanks.

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
Hello!

I've had Pro Wear Calendar for a day or so now (which is also how long I've had my new watch), and so far :love:!

One issue I'm having, though... I can't tell if it's a problem with your app, or just a data issue upstream somewhere, but here goes...

Settings:

I've turned off "Show All Calendars" and picked only my work calendar (and BTW also some sports team calendars). At work, there are several general/optional meetings that are sent to everyone (yeah, kind of annoying...). I decline the ones that don't apply to me so I can get them off my schedule.

I've set my "Main Screen" option to "Upcoming Events", because my main use case is just to see what my schedule is today, and especially to display the next appointment in a complication on my watch face.

Problem:

The problem is that I am seeing every event I've been invited to for the day, not just the ones I've accepted (which are the only ones I care about). I have to scroll through the event list and mentally pick out the events I accepted among all the noise from the declined ones.

And this usually means that the complication on the watch face isn't telling me my next event, but one that I declined and don't care about. Not very helpful...

Other info:

Not sure what else is relevant, but I am seeing only the events I've accepted in all these places:
  • Google calendar web page when I'm logged into my work account.
  • Goggle calendar sidebar on my work Gmail web page.
  • Google calendar widget on my phone home screen.
  • Google calendar app on my phone.
  • Samsung calendar app on my phone.
    • I've never used it before now, but I recently configured it to show only the calendars I wanted my watch to see when I first tried the native Samsung Watch calendar app -- because I learned (I think) that this is how the watch app gets its calendar info.
    • I then found your app because I couldn't get the native Samsung app to sync correctly and stop displaying events from multiple calendars I don't want to see on my watch, even though I had deselected them in the Samsung phone app.

My devices:

Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Let me know if I left something out or if I can explain anything better... Thanks!

(Also, apologies if this issue was already reported/answered... I tried to search this thread and didn't see anything relevant.)

- eltmeister
Thanks for letting me know about this bug. I will work on fixing it and let you know when its fixed!
Hello, I'm unsure if there's a setting already in the mobile app but can't find it or maybe couldn't get it to work.

Is it possible to make the watch complication not say "NONE" on it, or is there anyway to make it just a calendar icon to serve as a shortcut?

This is what it looks like on one of the watch faces I'm using -

View attachment 5619191
If there was some possibility to have just the icon, it would be great!

Thanks.
I have already added an option for just an icon that is just a shortcut to the app. Just long click to customize the watch face and for that complication slot select Calendar Shortcut under Pro Wear Calendar.

Screenshot_20220521_124833.png

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
Thanks for letting me know about this bug. I will work on fixing it and let you know when its fixed!

I have already added an option for just an icon that is just a shortcut to the app. Just long click to customize the watch face and for that complication slot select Calendar Shortcut under Pro Wear Calendar.

I selected whichView attachment 5619521
I selected the calendar complication option through the Watch Face tab on the Galaxy Wearable app, and the calendars to be shown using the Pro Wear Calendar app on my phone. I didn't make any selections or changes using my smartwatch.

Attachments

• 1. Galaxy Wearable app_Watch Faces.jpg
    1. Galaxy Wearable app_Watch Faces.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 20
  • 2. Galaxy Wearable app_AR Emoji Customization_Complication Choice_PWC.jpg
    2. Galaxy Wearable app_AR Emoji Customization_Complication Choice_PWC.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 17
  • 3. PWC app_Calendar to Show 1.jpg
    3. PWC app_Calendar to Show 1.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 4. PWC app_Calendar to Show 2.jpg
    4. PWC app_Calendar to Show 2.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 5. PWC app_Show All Calendars.jpg
    5. PWC app_Show All Calendars.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 17

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
I selected the calendar complication option through the Watch Face tab on the Galaxy Wearable app, and the calendars to be shown using the Pro Wear Calendar app on my phone. I didn't make any selections or changes using my smartwatch,
The calendar shortcut complication might now be showing as a option because the watch face only accepts short text type complication in that spot. I will update the shortcut to work with shot text type complication spots.

Reactions: CKavanagh

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
App has been updated. Download is now available in the play store!

Code:
v3.4.1

* Fixed black box appearing around round today indicator on calendar tile
* Fixed calendar shortcut complication not showing for some watch faces
* Select calendars option now shows calendar owner
* Declined events can now be hidden
* Declined events are now crossed out to indicated declined
* Fixed various bug reported via Google Play

eltmeister

May 21, 2022
Thanks very much for the hidden declined events! This app is now doing everything I had hoped for. Nice work!

eltmeister

randallw

Oct 11, 2013
I'm using a Galaxy Watch Classic 4, and when viewing all of the calendar events, when I use the rotating bezel to scroll, it makes a strong vibration. Is there a way to disable this?

Would it also be possible to either have the complication list the next item on your calendar, but click into the main calendar (instead of the event), or click from the event from the complication, back to the main calendar?

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
I'm using a Galaxy Watch Classic 4, and when viewing all of the calendar events, when I use the rotating bezel to scroll, it makes a strong vibration. Is there a way to disable this?

Would it also be possible to either have the complication list the next item on your calendar, but click into the main calendar (instead of the event), or click from the event from the complication, back to the main calendar?
In the next update vibration will be off by default.

In the phone app under watch complication you can set when happens when you click the complication.

2xbass

Jul 9, 2012
Just got this app and it doesn't seem to be showing all my events correctly. I don't know whether it is because I am trying to show calendars from multiple accounts but even then for a given calendar it is only showing some events and not others.

Jetiman

Aug 16, 2008
Ahlhorn
Hi, I have a display error. Appointments from next month are not shown in the current month view.

Attachments

• 20220621_215028.jpg
    20220621_215028.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220621_215018~2.jpg
    20220621_215018~2.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 7

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
Hi, I have a display error. Appointments from next month are not shown in the current month view.I
I am experiencing the same. I made an appointment for July 1. It doesn't show on the June calendar under July 1, it does show when I advance (>) to the actual calendar. Not a huge issue for me as I don't like seeing the first few days for the next month in the current month and changed the colour setting in ProWear Calendar options to black.

Attachments

• 4. Not showing first days of the next month.jpg
    4. Not showing first days of the next month.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 2. Shows appointment, first days of the next month.jpg
    2. Shows appointment, first days of the next month.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 3. ProWear Calendar setting to not see days in next month.jpg
    3. ProWear Calendar setting to not see days in next month.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1. Showing days of next month, not showing appoointment for the next month.jpg
    1. Showing days of next month, not showing appoointment for the next month.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: H3R3T1C and Jetiman

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
Just got this app and it doesn't seem to be showing all my events correctly. I don't know whether it is because I am trying to show calendars from multiple accounts but even then for a given calendar it is only showing some events and not others.
Thanks for reporting this problem. Are the events showing correctly on the Google Calendar app on your phone? I have found that some calendars like Phases of the Moon only show on the web calendar. On the phone app if you turn off Show All Calendars and then click Select Calendars are all your calendars showing?

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
Thanks for reporting this problem. Are the events showing correctly on the Google Calendar app on your phone? I have found that some calendars like Phases of the Moon only show on the web calendar. On the phone app if you turn off Show All Calendars and then click Select Calendars are all your calendars showing?
My Google calendar is correct. The problem is when an appointment is scheduled for within the first week of the next month. It doesn't show in the current month view but shows when advancing to the next month.

BlizzardX

Feb 9, 2020
Auckland
Hi

Is it possible for the complication option 'next event' to have the ability to hide events in the past like the complication option 'calendar shortcut' can if set in the main options on the phone app?

At the moment if I press the next event complication it shows all events and starts from the beginning of the list for that day.

Thanks

Chris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App has been updated! Download now available in the Google Play Store.

Screenshot_20220921_175956.png
    Screenshot_20220921_181334.png

^ Before font scaling fix ---------------- ^ After font scaling fix

Screenshot_20220909_184316.png

Code:
    v4.0

* Improved rotary scrolling for events list
    * Added rotary scrolling options for events list
    * Improved theme picker
    * Improved Add Event layout for larger fonts
    * Month calendar now scales to font scale
    * Month calendar tile now scales to font
    * Fixed various bugs
    Hi @H3R3T1C , I am unable to see Google Calendar events from Pro Wear Calendar. I am using Redmi phone with google calendar app. In my phone google calendar app, I can see 2 calendar accounts, 1 from my google account and the other is account_name_local (which I think the local phone calendar).

However in Pro Wear Calendar, I can only see calendar from account_name_local account and I am unable to see my Google account calendar.

Is it possible to select Google account calendar in Pro Wear Calendar app?

Thank you.
    New update uploaded to the Play Store. Should be available for download in a few hours.

In the next update I am going to try implementing better syncing for offline use of the watch calendar.

Code:
    * Fixed various crashes
    * Improved loading of events list
    Concept for a new event indicator for month calendar. What do you all think? (y) or (n)?

Screenshot_20220214_224446.png
    App has been updated! Download now available in the Google Play Store.

Screenshot_20220921_175956.png
    Screenshot_20220921_181334.png

^ Before font scaling fix ---------------- ^ After font scaling fix

Screenshot_20220909_184316.png

Code:
    v4.0

* Improved rotary scrolling for events list
    * Added rotary scrolling options for events list
    * Improved theme picker
    * Improved Add Event layout for larger fonts
    * Month calendar now scales to font scale
    * Month calendar tile now scales to font
    * Fixed various bugs
    New update uploaded to the Play Store. Should be available for download in a few hours.

Code:
    v3.2.3

* Fixed various crashes
    * Fixed crashes related to database being opened in two different threads
    * Updated support libraries
    * Reduced date header size in events list
    * Date headers in event list are now sticky
    App has been updated. Should be able to download the update in a few hours. Round background for days date and Tile for next event today has been added.

@Tefzors round background for todays date has been added.

Screenshot_20220407_203552.png
    tile.png

Code:
    v3.3.2

* Today's date on calendar can now have a round background
    * Add tile for next event for today
    * Decreased memory usage for calendar tile
    * Fixed calendar tile not updating