• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[App][Profile] Sixaxis controller config. for GTA3 for Galaxy Nexus

Jameslepable

Jul 13, 2011
Liverpool
I Got the game when it was on sale, but missed the controller. So bought sixaxis from the market place and here we are.

TUT:
1)Download sixaxis and GTA3 from market place (obviously)
2)Download profile from bottom of post.
3) From GTA3 menu go to options>controls>adjust on foot controls and make them look like the screenshot.

4) Then go back and on controls menu select adjust on vehicle controls and make it look like this.

4)Then go to sixaxis controller settings>edit touch profiles>Load Profile>gta3 vx.x and ensure that they match the screenshots.

(Hint use screenshot images in sixaxis controller settings to see whether they match.)

now go shoot some hookers :)

On foot controls:
Analog left - Move character
Analog Right - Pan screen
R1 - Change weapon
L1 - Change weapon
R2 - Zoom in
L2 - Zoom out
R3 - Nothing
L3 - Nothing
Up - Nothing
Down - Aim
Left - Nothing
Right - Nothing
triangle - Enter Car/ Carjack
Cross - Sprint
Square - Jump
Circle - Shoot
Start - Map
Select - Change camera view (Buggy)
Power - Exit map (buggy)

In Car Controls:
Analog left - Nothing
Analog Right - Pan screen
R1 - Change weapon
L1 - Change weapon
R2 - Rotate clockwise
L2 - Rotate counter-clockwise
R3 - Sound Horn
L3 - Start side mission (vigilante etc)
Up - Change station
Down - Handbrake
Left - Turn Left
Right - Turn Right
triangle - Exit Car
Cross - Accelerate
Square - Brake/Reverse
Circle - Shoot
Start - Map
Select - Change camera view (Buggy)
Power - Exit map (buggy)

Enjory and please leave me feedback :D

Edit: Haven't touched this in a while as am just getting settled in at uni and just had my exams last week.

Attachments

Last edited:

caput1234

Nov 12, 2010
thx but

Yo thx but everything looks working but i cant get in the car i cant open the door .please fix IT i tried but wont work .thx

Jameslepable

Jul 13, 2011
Liverpool
Yo thx but everything looks working but i cant get in the car i cant open the door .please fix IT i tried but wont work .thx
Seems to work on mine, Try either moving the door button or Sixaxis controller button, if that doesn't work send me the file and I'll have a check.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Jameslepable

Jul 13, 2011
Liverpool
Where should i send, the file .is the file from First Post.thx for help

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Just zip and upload, the file could have changed from being compressed/decompressed you never know, I am also working on the next version that works with default layout, this should make it easier as I found even a pixel off and the button wouldn't work

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
I. Need. Help. Argh

Download the attachment in the thread and extract it using 7zip and copy the file to ur phone
Update to latest sixaxis controller app
then in sixaxis app go to Preferences->edit touch profiles
then double tap on screen then press Load profile
then select the copied file
then go to sixaxixs app main screen then in Active touch profiles select gta 3 and press start
then pair ur controller to ur phone(pairing instructions here)
Now start gta 3
In main menu go to options>controls>adjust on foot controls
then do it like this

Now options>controls>adjust driving controls
Do it like this

play game

Reactions: Irvysan

charloà06

Jun 25, 2011
This working great. Thanks ! Althougt there is a small bug : you can't accelerate and turn at the same time. But I think this is coming from the sixaxis controller app itself. Maybe the multitouch isn't handle correctly by the app ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App(Sorry for my bad english, i'm french )

charloà06

Jun 25, 2011
i cant use triangle only Bug.

You may need to check if you used the right profile in the sixaxis controller app. On the main screen of the app, you should see a list named "Active Touch Profile". Check to see if you choose gta3 v1.0 .

caput1234

Nov 12, 2010
You may need to check if you used the right profile in the sixaxis controller app. On the main screen of the app, you should see a list named "Active Touch Profile". Check to see if you choose gta3 v1.0 .
everything works ,but triangle to use Not.
So i cant open The door and get in The car.

Last edited:

Jameslepable

Jul 13, 2011
Liverpool
This working great. Thanks ! Althougt there is a small bug : you can't accelerate and turn at the same time. But I think this is coming from the sixaxis controller app itself. Maybe the multitouch isn't handle correctly by the app ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App(Sorry for my bad english, i'm french )
Yea this is an all bug, it's the same on similar games am profiling such as nova2