[APP] pTasks Development & Support thread

Search This thread

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
pTasksLogo.png

This is the development and support thread for pTasks. If you have any other enquiry, please contact me via PM or email.

- Are you using pTasks and have noticed something in the translation that can be improved? You can become a member of the pTasks Translation Team and help fix it :)
Send me a PM with your Gmail/Google username and the Language you want to translate to. You will receive an invite for editing privileges :) (you can edit/view the translation spreadsheet at http://bit.ly/8jT1j1)

- Are you a current user and would like to get early access to upcoming versions? PM in order to join the pTasks Beta Team.

Last edited:

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
Feel free to do so. As I said above, there are no guarantees that I will ever implement them, but it might give me an idea what to do next if I ever find the time.

kinnyfaifai

Mar 17, 2009
Not sure how I managed this already!

Added a note, then went back to edit title, confirm save box appeared behind onscreen keyboard, hid keyboard and the confirm change popup disappeared and app crashed. :(

Other than that, nice simple app. :)

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
Not sure how I managed this already!

Added a note, then went back to edit title, confirm save box appeared behind onscreen keyboard, hid keyboard and the confirm change popup disappeared and app crashed. :(

Other than that, nice simple app. :)

I am indeed able to reproduce this. I will be uploading a fixed version soon.

kinnyfaifai

Mar 17, 2009
That was quick. Will try again! :D

I reckon the only thing this little app needs is to be added as a tab in manila, that'll make it perfect! :D

Last edited:

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
That was quick. Will try again! :D

I reckon the only thing this little app needs is to be added as a tab in manila, that'll make it perfect! :D

Unfortunately this is quite difficult and beyond my ability... Hopefully at some point HTC will redesign Manila with plug-ins in mind. Until then... we can only bug them to do it!

Ruudfood

Aug 1, 2008
Thought this would have a Manila look and feel. Still, good work.

Shame you're going to end development here as I know a lot of users would like a more workable and full-featured task management in Leo.

kinnyfaifai

Mar 17, 2009
Unfortunately this is quite difficult and beyond my ability... Hopefully at some point HTC will redesign Manila with plug-ins in mind. Until then... we can only bug them to do it!

I hope HTC will open manila up a bit more to the devs. I know in theory how to do it, but it's a lot of work like you say. If I had the time I might have a bash at it. First job will be to tweak the layout xml (mode9). Anyways...

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Very nice app! Maybe you could add a simple category editor and the possibility to pick a category from a drop down box when you edit a task.

I like the layout.

ecmaba64

May 12, 2006
Very nice app! Maybe you could add a simple category editor and the possibility to pick a category from a drop down box when you edit a task.

I like the layout.

Categories for the time being are generated automatically based on what can be found in tasks... A nicer editor is my current priority though:)

jakubklos

Jan 21, 2008
Prague
A really nice application. Congrats. I would love to be able to use selected text options in the edit field (long press in the memo box) so I could copy, cut and paste. This is something I really miss and everybody too.

Additionally it would be great if you could scroll with your finger not using the vertical scrollbar but directly in the text (just like you can in Message Compose in Manila)

Great app.

Quark987

Apr 26, 2006
Great!

Hi All,

This app looks simple and spot on in my mind. Cannot imagine why HTC has left out task capabilities in HTC Sense (and why the standard today plugin task app in windows mobile is so basic)... anyway: this would make out the perfect fit for me, IF it had possibility to filter out future tasks (so that only todays due - or overdue tasks would be shown). Great work anyway!

... but "please please" as for the filtering option :)

/Lars

vangrieg

Jul 30, 2007
Moscow
I hope HTC will open manila up a bit more to the devs. I know in theory how to do it, but it's a lot of work like you say. If I had the time I might have a bash at it. First job will be to tweak the layout xml (mode9). Anyways...

Oh my, not another tab in Manila! Information about tasks on the Home tab that is clickable and allows to launch an appropriate application is the way to go for sure. :)