[APP] Purrfect Browser - The Perfect Web Browser

Search This thread

xdevilium

Apr 17, 2012
Purrfect Browser is of the best browsers in the Store, want a proof? Here is a list of features:
• Scrape:
• Scrape the website for content:
• Save pictures
• Save songs
• Plugin support:
• Users can create and share plugins
• Search engine plugins
• Scrape plugins
• Install plugins and search engines via QR codes
• Wannabe-Button:
• Choose what the button does from five different functions:
• Homepage
• JavaScript
• Favorites
• Incognito
• Save Page
• Save websites for offline reading
• Import bookmarks from Google Chrome
• Incognito mode
• Choose your style from millions of background patterns from www.colourlovers.com
• Choose whether the back button exits the app or navigates back
• Smart error handling:
• Open Wi-Fi or cellular settings if there is no internet
• Choose what to do if navigation has failed
• Favorites
• Forward button
• Stop/refresh button
• History

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/purrfect-browser/46316c3d-8047-44a1-b098-3da35c9190cb

Reactions: Ramsamku

xdevilium

Apr 17, 2012
Update coming this week

New features to be available this week:
• Store:
• Browse, share and download plugins from www.reddit.com/r/purrfect
• Tabs
• User Agents:
• Pretend to be another browser:
• Android
• Firefox Mobile
• Chrome Desktop
• Firefox Desktop
• Speed and performance improvements:
• Patterns are now saved offline
• General speed improvements
• UI improvements:
• Favorites page fixed
• Pattern is now visible under the controls
• Option to minimize the app bar
• More animations
• Clear history option
• Live tile

xdevilium

Apr 17, 2012
Update #1 released!

New features:
• Store:
• Browse, share and download plugins from reddit (www.reddit.com/r/purrfect)
• Tabs
• User Agents:
• Pretend to be another browser:
• Android
• Firefox Mobile
• Internet Explorer (IE)
• Chrome Desktop
• Firefox Desktop
• Speed and performance improvements:
• Patterns are now saved offline
• General speed improvements
• UI improvements:
• Favorites page fixed
• Pattern is now visible under the controls
• Option to minimize the app bar
• More animations
• Clear history option
• Live tile
• WayBack Machine
• Go back in time!

deHoDev

Feb 3, 2012
Downloaded it to check if it could replace my secondary browser I currently use.

One small thing I noticed is, that you cannot have incognito tabs.

There is one bug that is crashing the app, here is how to reproduce it:
Open settings, try to scroll with your beginning touch of the swipe on either one of the ListPickers. App crashed 3 out of 4 times trying.

You should look into setting
Code:
e.Handled =true;
in "Application_UnhandledException" in App.xaml.cs.
This would prevent the app from crashing on minor bugs that the user would not even notice.
I think I encountered the same bug in one of my apps. No way to catch it, since it's caused by the wptoolkit.
(Though you might also want to log these errors to make sure there are no other unhandled exceptions crashing your app, that can be prevented by you)

Reactions: xdevilium

xdevilium

Apr 17, 2012
Downloaded it to check if it could replace my secondary browser I currently use.

Open settings, try to scroll with your beginning touch of the swipe on either one of the ListPickers. App crashed 3 out of 4 times trying.

Code:
e.Handled =true;
This would prevent the app from crashing on minor bugs that the user would not even notice.
I think I encountered the same bug in one of my apps. No way to catch it, since it's caused by the wptoolkit.
(Though you might also want to log these errors to make sure there are no other unhandled exceptions crashing your app, that can be prevented by you)
Thank you so much!
How do you like it for the rest? Any suggestions?

deHoDev

Feb 3, 2012
Thank you so much!
How do you like it for the rest? Any suggestions?

Seems good so far, but I can't really judge a browser with only a few minutes usage. I'll use it for a few days and get back to you, if I find things that I really like/don't like/are missing compared to other browsers.

One thing I noticed though that would probably cause some bad ratings is, that I could not find a feedback or contact the developer button. That will cause users to give a lower rating when they have to report a problem via reviews/ratings. You will probably still receive some of those but most users with problems will use a feedback button and write you an email when they have a problem if you provide the means. This also gives you the possibility to respond to such questions/problem reports/feature requests.
You will receive feedback from stupid users that are simply to dump to find/use a feature, but this way you can respond and avoid an unneccesary bad rating.

xdevilium

Apr 17, 2012
Seems good so far, but I can't really judge a browser with only a few minutes usage. I'll use it for a few days and get back to you, if I find things that I really like/don't like/are missing compared to other browsers.

One thing I noticed though that would probably cause some bad ratings is, that I could not find a feedback or contact the developer button. That will cause users to give a lower rating when they have to report a problem via reviews/ratings. You will probably still receive some of those but most users with problems will use a feedback button and write you an email when they have a problem if you provide the means. This also gives you the possibility to respond to such questions/problem reports/feature requests.
You will receive feedback from stupid users that are simply to dump to find/use a feature, but this way you can respond and avoid an unneccesary bad rating.
Gonna add it now, thanks a lot :)

hoola20055

Jan 31, 2009
I can't log in yo any site? I try and log in to gmail and it just refreshes page. Same with my online banking. Ie and UC doesn't have this issue. I really like the interface! Can't wait for updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purrfect Browser is of the best browsers in the Store, want a proof? Here is a list of features:
    • Scrape:
    • Scrape the website for content:
    • Save pictures
    • Save songs
    • Plugin support:
    • Users can create and share plugins
    • Search engine plugins
    • Scrape plugins
    • Install plugins and search engines via QR codes
    • Wannabe-Button:
    • Choose what the button does from five different functions:
    • Homepage
    • JavaScript
    • Favorites
    • Incognito
    • Save Page
    • Save websites for offline reading
    • Import bookmarks from Google Chrome
    • Incognito mode
    • Choose your style from millions of background patterns from www.colourlovers.com
    • Choose whether the back button exits the app or navigates back
    • Smart error handling:
    • Open Wi-Fi or cellular settings if there is no internet
    • Choose what to do if navigation has failed
    • Favorites
    • Forward button
    • Stop/refresh button
    • History

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/purrfect-browser/46316c3d-8047-44a1-b098-3da35c9190cb

Code:
    e.Handled =true;