You need to learn how to modify the smali code.Hi, I'm trying to change the green color of the texts of the original application, but I can't find the settings in the colors.xml file.
Anyone know where the settings are?
I am also trying to make the background transparent style MTCFlatRadio_MTCD_1.01.apk but it does not work with a transparent background.png.
How to modify the application with a transparent background?
Feel free to contact me privately as it's not allowed to sell stuff on xda. (that's the main reason i don't reply much on this thread)
Reworked Px5/MTCD Radio app
This is modified Radio app for head units.
I reverse-engineered original Radio app into source code, and now try to make something better.
- on/off button on screen, mapped to play/pause steering wheel key
- volume control on screen
- AM band removed (may be put back in some future version)
- added clock
- added speed of vehicle (from GPS)
What's wrong with original Radio app (as I see it):
- back button stops it (instead of putting to background)
- fixed amount of FM stations (18)
- no station management found stations
- missing on/off button
- some options are useless (stereo, loc), should go to options menu
- volume can't be easy controlled on screen while driving
Plans for future development:
- vertical scrolling list of stations
- better management of stations and tuning (add/remove/move stations)
- multiple stations presets (in case you use to drive in different locations)
- nicer user interface
- option to work as home-screen launcher (= main app on device)
- settings screen
- button for launching some other app (e.g. navigation app or other homescreen launcher)
No root is required. Just install APK. This is separate app, and doesn't overwrite stock Radio. You can use it alongside default Radio. But don't use both radio apps at same time, this may not work good. When you wish, you can uninstall this app anytime.
Version: 20180929 (alpha)
Whats your MCU ?
Assuming its MTCD/E/P theres @herb77's here :
AM can be added later, but it made a lot of mess in code, so as part of cleanup was removed.
In principle, user may not care if it's AM or FM, it's just another tuned station, so AM/FM could be mixed in same list.
Current Radio offers very little management of stations. You can save station by long press on button, or find all available stations and assign to the 18 buttons.
I'd think on better usability of tuning and stations.
- Often you drive in same place, so you want one preset of saved stations
- Sometimes (or often) you drive long distances, where signal of your saved stations is lost, so you want tune manually
- You may have more "home" locations, so multiple saved station lists could be done and switched among them
- Station list should be auto-tuned, then stations rearranged, deleted, renamed
- Steering-wheel buttons for previous/next station may cycle between just few favorite stations, while another ones may be saved in station list, which you can switch to manually on screen
- Usual 6-buttons of favorite stations may be on screen, allowing to fast switch to favorite station