[APP] Q-Mobile Midomi 1.6.57 (BEATS Shazam MusicID)

Search This thread

Quentin-

Apr 27, 2006
Hi, this is the famous Samsung Midomi music identification application for the Windows Mobile devices! You're probably wondering why I've re?!? posted this. Then again, those of you who know me know I don't just repackage and repost things. And you're right, I didn't.

I loved the one I found posted by Ikkari but it had two problems. The first was the fact that the default internet connection was via WAP, for which Ikkari posted a registry solution to and shiranmotha repackaged and posted. So credit to both of these people for providing the packages they did.

Unfortunately that left one annoying (and ultimately grating) issue for someone like myself. The menu didn't work. In fact if you accidentally clicked it, the whole program froze. Well, not anymore. As a sidenote, I also made this install under program files (either on the device or the storage card as you so choose) because I personally don't think something like this belongs in the \Windows directory ;) And even though the menu is fully functional and you can choose ANY connection you desire I did default it to use the device's Internet (GSM/CDMA) connection.

Enjoy!

Don't forget, if you enjoy my work, please !

P.S. Please be aware that at the time of this posting this has only been tested on an HTC Rhodium based device (WVGA). It likely works on many others, if you find it works on yours please be kind enough to mention it so others will know.

P.P.S. Please feel free to propagate this file to other free download sites and post the URL in this thread. Cheers!

Attachments

• Midomi01.jpg
    Midomi01.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10,564
  • Midomi02.jpg
    Midomi02.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3,242
  • Midomi03.jpg
    Midomi03.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,728
  • Midomi04.jpg
    Midomi04.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 4,677

eXPerience1983

Nov 19, 2007
does it works using a Wifi connection?
And on a VGA screen?

EDIT:
Tested!!
It works perfect!

Last edited:

jabberoo

Sep 20, 2007
Perth - WA
Quentin

You are a legend, looking forward to checking out the menu of this. I though the development of this was forgotten once it was made to work.

The app itself is golden on a TP2, i tested a previous version with a success rate of 10 out of 11 (not bad!).

I have tried it in several stores to id a song playing and it worked every time - awesome and real handy...!

Be mindfull of the additional lyric look-up as this can kick your data use in the pants real fast. I ran a test on lyrics for a Bowie song and checked my provider's stats, i was surprised to see a use of over 3mb....

But for pure song ID it is a star!

Now all we need ported is Samsungs 3d audio processor app, this is apparently better than SRS WOW HD (which is great, but sadly does not work on a TP2 - makes your phone go into fatal standby....)

Cheers
Jabberoo

Fliff

Sep 7, 2009
SoCal
After trying Midomi and comparing it with MusicID, Midomi definitely feels more accurate and faster. I haven't tried the sing search feature yet, but it looks very nifty.:cool:

-=ChrisK=.

Aug 26, 2008
Thank you very much for this corrected version... works perfectly on ma german X1 (WVGA)...

Chris

Edit: Why didn't you post this under "Development and Hacking"? I think that topic would fit better =)

Last edited:

syrguy1969

Jan 17, 2007
Anyone try this out on a Titan yet? I know a couple Titan users having issues with this app.

P.S. Works GREAT on my i910 Omnia!!!!! :D

strucon

Feb 9, 2008
Perfect!
Thanks!

For WM6.5 users, here some PNG for StartMenu icons:

Attachments

• music_recognition.png
    music_recognition.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 74
  • icon_music_recognition.png
    icon_music_recognition.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 65
  • midomi-iphone-icon-masked-100.png
    midomi-iphone-icon-masked-100.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,770
Last edited:

turbomeister

Jul 21, 2008
Sprint Vogue
NFSFAN V16 ROM

Good: Visually, everything fits and looks great.

Bad: Does not recognize anything. Set to internet connection, I can see the data arrows (showing that it is connecting) but the end result is no songs found. Why? Beats me...

TTJB

Sep 21, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I would like to know if there is a registry edit that can make it open the default htc youtube application on the phone also? That would be perfect instead of going through internet explorer.