[APP][Q][XPOSED] GravityBox v10.1.1 for Android 10 [07/02/2021]

archz2

Jan 25, 2013
New Delhi
Seems like latest Magisk has issues with stable edxposed. I suppose the solution at the moment is update to Riru 23 and EdXposed canary or revert to Magisk 20.4
I updated to Riru 23 aand edxposed to 5.1.4_4655 -master. I used the alpha version.

Now Gravity box is running fine. Thanks!
I was scared about canary as they are known to be quite unstable.

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
I updated to Riru 23 aand edxposed to 5.1.4_4655 -master. I used the alpha version.

Now Gravity box is running fine. Thanks!
I was scared about canary as they are known to be quite unstable.
Because of the change in Riru since 23, it's taking some time to get EdXposed working good again. Recent builds seem to work ok though. Hope next stable release is on its way 🙂

Reactions: archz2

MaXAiRO

Jul 7, 2010
Mytilene, Lesvos
I'm back to using my good old OnePlus 5 on OOS 10.0.1 + GravityBox after 4 months of using a Poco F2 Pro which I eventually sold.

I have some issues I would like to discuss:

1. Whenever I set any action to any navigation key in GB settings, there's a double vibration everytime I tap on all 3 buttons (back, home, recents) instead of one. Even when I set home double tap to trigger screen off either through stock OOS settings or GB settings, after the screen turns off, there's an extra short vibration after the double tap. I saw some people mentioning it here a while ago (I remember @sjamie for sure) but I couldn't find any workaround/solution.

2. Date format for status bar clock customization gets deactivated after the first time the clock refreshes (when a minute passes). The only workaround is to enable clock seconds. I also saw people mentioning it here a while ago and someone solved it by uninstalling Edge Sense Plus which I don't use. I tried deactivating Xposed Edge which I use in case there's any conflict but the clock date still disappears. I also tried with GB 10 beta 7 and 10.0.1 but it was the same.

3. Is it possible to add an option in Media tweaks to include more audio streams in the expand button on the regular "small" volume panel? Now it's possible to use more audio streams only with the "Expanded volume panel" but it's really intrusive because only the expanded volume panel shows up and not the smaller one first.

Last edited:

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
I'm back to using my good old OnePlus 5 on OOS 10.0.1 + GravityBox after 4 months of using a Poco F2 Pro which I eventually sold.
I have some issues I would like to discuss:
1) yeah. This one is always tricky. When I achieve it correctly behaves on one system the it behaves differently on another system. Can't manage to cover them all. No such issue on my Oneplus 7pro which is even the same Brand

2) module <-> system incompatibility. Similar to 1). And again no problem on Oneplus 7pro.

3) I'll have to check current design if there's a possibility to choose streams while expanded volume feature is disabled.

• Love
Reactions: MaXAiRO

MaXAiRO

Jul 7, 2010
Mytilene, Lesvos
1) yeah. This one is always tricky. When I achieve it correctly behaves on one system the it behaves differently on another system. Can't manage to cover them all. No such issue on my Oneplus 7pro which is even the same Brand

2) module <-> system incompatibility. Similar to 1). And again no problem on Oneplus 7pro.

3) I'll have to check current design if there's a possibility to choose streams while expanded volume feature is disabled.
1. Sorry for mentioning another module here but I eventually assigned the actions that I wanted using Xposed Edge which doesn't trigger a second vibration. Only the first short vibration takes place when I tap the button for the first time.

2. About 1 hour after I made the post, the clock date appeared and never disappeared again till I rebooted today morning just to check if it's gonna stay or not. I don't know what triggered the date to appear yesterday, maybe the refresh in the hour digits (?)

3. Also, would it be possible to add the option to choose on which side of the screen the volume panel appears?
Double check thru the past few pages, make sure you are running the right combo of riru, edexposed & GB.

Doesn't hurt to double check. I have a 5T that's it's working fine on.
I don't know if it really matters what version of Riru + EdXposed I use. What matters is that the module is activated I guess. I still use Riru 21.3 + EdXposed 0.4.6.4 and all GB features I use work fine except for the ones I mentioned above. If Ceco advises me to upgrade to 23 + 0.5.x I'll do it just to test.

Also, 5T doesn't have capacitive keys like the 5. You can only use navigation bar keys and the vibration may be different on them.

Machine318

Sep 30, 2015
Burlington
I don't know if it really matters what version of Riru + EdXposed I use. What matters is that the module is activated I guess. I still use Riru 21.3 + EdXposed 0.4.6.4 and all GB features I use work fine except for the ones I mentioned above. If Ceco advises me to upgrade to 23 + 0.5.x I'll do it just to test.

Also, 5T doesn't have capacitive keys like the 5. You can only use navigation bar keys and the vibration may be different on them.
I understand what you mean about the capacitive keys, on the other hand I'll share my setup with you. I've added the date to my Statusbar Clock mod and it does not diasappear.

OnePlus 5T, OOS 10.0.1
Magisk Canary build 21201
Riru v23.1 w/ EdXposed v0.5.1.4_4655-Master (Sandhook)
Gravity Box 10.1.0

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
OnePlus 8 Pro oxygen os 10:

After enabling gravitybox and doing some stuff, my fingerprint icon is gone from Lockscreen and Ambient Display. After disabling gravitybox in exposed and rebooting, the icon is still gone. It briefly shows up in both cases when entering the pin after the reboot. Please help :)

Edit: after a few minutes, the icon reappeared, that's fine for me :) thanks for the hard work!

Edit2: it reappeared after I enabled the OPAODMod. Is there any fix for this?

Last edited:

MaXAiRO

Jul 7, 2010
Mytilene, Lesvos
3. Also, would it be possible to add the option to choose on which side of the screen the volume panel appears?
Replying to myself about this one. I searched in the GB 9 thread and it seems that the parameter "config_audioPanelOnRightSide" in Advanced tuning - System UI is missing in OOS 10 so I guess it's not possible.

Also, the parameter MaxNotificationIcons, which was there in OOS 9, is missing in OOS 10. The "Max notification icons" toggle in Statusbar tweaks doesn't work either (I guess because of the missing parameter in System UI) so I'll just get used to having up to 5 notification icons on status bar :(

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Hi all, how can i fix this?
If you can get me the full error using "adb logcat *:E" during this toast showing I can take a look at it.
Also, in some cases exceptions thrown in hooked methods are normal in Xposed development. Taichi should not be bothering users with such toasts everytime that happens. It should handle it silently and write to a log. Or at least there should be an option to turn that feature off.

kevinwu128

Jun 24, 2014
I have magisk canary 21401, edxposed 5.2.0, latest GB. Android 10 samsung s10

Everything seems to work except navigation key actions.. is this a known thing?

Marvino.

Nov 7, 2014
Egypt
Hello, is it possible to add option to control the extra padding in the status bar? Also the old landscape battery icon in the status bar from Nougat was great, can we get it back?

Last edited:

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
I'm on remix 8. 6.5. (A10)
I would like to install Gravity Box for the reason only for smartlock WiFi / trusted networks.

All thoers settings I was able with the settings which Mae mit RR.

So, should gravity box be compatible with my rom?

And, regarding remaining risks, is it worth to install this module for only one feature?