[APP] Qmg2Png Tool

Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Qmg2Png Tool is a simple app I made to easily convert QMG resources to PNG format for easy theming. This is just a simple wrapper tool that uses the Touchwiz Roms builtin image loader to load qmg resources and then saving them back as png images. So it means that it will only work on Touchwiz 4.4.4 and above like the Note 4.

I came up with the tool when I was porting the Sprint Note 3 4.4.4 update on my N9005 and I needed to test some ported apps from Note 4. I thought if the ROM can read qmg resources, perhaps it can save them also to a different format to ease the theming process.

So just download the app, install, and pick an apk from sdcard and the app will extract the qmg resources and convert them to png format and saving them in the QMg2Png folder in the sdcard. The output folder retains the folder structure of the extracted apk.

attachment.php

Note: Use at your own risk and no guarantees that it will function as intended on your device.

Attachments

• zQmg2Png_v1.0.apk
    61 KB · Views: 28,648
  • 2014-10-28-13-54-41.png
    2014-10-28-13-54-41.png
    144 KB · Views: 27,758

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Qmg2Png Tool is a simple app I made to easily convert QMG resources to PNG format for easy theming. This is just a simple wrapper tool that uses the Touchwiz Roms builtin image loader to load qmg resources and then saving them back as png images. So it means that it will only work on Touchwiz 4.4.4 and above like the Note 4.

I came up with the tool when I was porting the Sprint Note 3 4.4.4 update on my N9005 and I needed to test some ported apps from Note 4. I thought if the ROM can read qmg resources, perhaps it can save them also to a different format to ease the theming process.

So just download the app, install, and pick an apk from sdcard and the app will extract the qmg resources and convert them to png format and saving them in the QMg2Png folder in the sdcard. The output folder retains the folder structure of the extracted apk.

attachment.php

Note: Use at your own risk and no guarantees that it will function as intended on your device.

omg this is amazing. thank you

tonyph33r

Jan 2, 2011
After I convert and change all icon I want. Do I have to convert back qmg? How can I load my icon back systemui?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

X

xerum525

awesome

awesome developer...... great job...thank´s for sharing Xperiacle...u´r a great guy.

jrdejavux

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego
I got the files converted and ready to go but cant figure out how to push them to the Systemui.apk. Can someone help?

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
decompile your apk delete the qmg you have converted to png and paste the png
And recompile

Sent from my N-910F

............ and don't forget to re-sign the file, else it won't work

I use ZipSigner on my phone (easy), but there is also Apk Mutltitool and obviously you can sign with the sdk itself

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay

I use ZipSigner on my phone (easy), but there is also Apk Mutltitool and obviously you can sign with the sdk itself
Resigning an apk may create problems since the random signature will not match the signatures in the rom itself.
There are a couple ways around this:
- I use apktool manually from a commandline so I copy stock androidmanifest.xml and meta-inf folder back into the recompiled file. This gives the file the same exact signature as the rest of the rom. It may be an old-school method but it's never failed me yet. ;)

- Use a tool that pulls and reinserts these items for you automatically on recompile. (I think Multi-tool utility you quoted above is one that does this too)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

This is a little update that I made it

Changes are:
    Go here --> [APP] Qmg2Png Tool v1.3
    @xperiacle - The name is enough :) nothing to say more.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

:) I am deeply flattered specially such nice words coming from you, Sir. I thank you for being a great model for all of us here in xda. The Note community won't be the same without you. :good:

Resigning an apk may create problems since the random signature will not match the signatures in the rom itself.
    There are a couple ways around this:
    - I use apktool manually from a commandline so I copy stock androidmanifest.xml and meta-inf folder back into the recompiled file. This gives the file the same exact signature as the rest of the rom. It may be an old-school method but it's never failed me yet. ;)

- Use a tool that pulls and reinserts these items for you automatically on recompile. (I think Multi-tool utility you quoted above is one that does this too)
    @xperiacle

great as always my dear friend ;)