[APP]QSlide on the LG G2: A quick way to access frequently-used tools

Search This thread

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Anyone figure out a way to include Broswer as a QSlide foe those without.

Browser is the biggest one I'd use, but its omitted on my Verizon. Even if you sideload the stock aosp broswer, it still won't work.

Almost need to pull the browser and qslide apks from a working edition to see if they work.

I did get the SplitScreen Mod working from the Flex, so it isn't as painful now to get notes between apps.

-sent from my LG G2 using XDA Premium 4

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
@player911 if u flash the stock browser zip in the vzw forum you can use qslide w browser just not from the notification tray, if u open the browser app there is still the little symbol in the upper left to make it into a qslide window

the definition of open: “mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git:// android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make" gansta mic drop

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Anyone figure out a way to include Broswer as a QSlide foe those without.

Browser is the biggest one I'd use, but its omitted on my Verizon. Even if you sideload the stock aosp broswer, it still won't work

Almost need to pull the browser and qslide apks from a working edition to see if they work.
I did get the SplitScreen Mod working from the Flex, so it isn't as painful now to get notes between apps.

-sent from my LG G2 using XDA Premium 4
i started a thread that will help you get browser in qslide,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553524 its there if you still need it

Reactions: mademan420

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
i started a thread that will help you get browser in qslide,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553524 its there if you still need it

Seen that the other day. Thanks. Works awesome.

I actually really love the stock browser over Next Browser and Chrome. I like the nav buttons on the bottom and the overall look. Plus being a QSlide, I can multitask easier by dropping it into Window mode and do other things.

I also have SplitView mod setup, but both methods are pretty awesome.

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Seen that the other day. Thanks. Works awesome.

I actually really love the stock browser over Next Browser and Chrome. I like the nav buttons on the bottom and the overall look. Plus being a QSlide, I can multitask easier by dropping it into Window mode and do other things.

I also have SplitView mod setup, but both methods are pretty awesome.

Yea I have both split view an qslide as well I just hate that its tied to holding the back button to initiate it. I prefer to use the g2 exposed module to set long press back to kill apps instead so I'm looking into how difficult it would be to either have a permanent notification that you could press to start split view or more ideally a quick setting tile. This guy micromod in the vzw section has a stock based ROM that has a power button in the status bar that u can press to put the phone to sleep so I may also see if he'd be willing to let me use that but instead of using it as a power button have it start the split view.

bigfau

Yea I have both split view an qslide as well I just hate that its tied to holding the back button to initiate it. I prefer to use the g2 exposed module to set long press back to kill apps instead so I'm looking into how difficult it would be to either have a permanent notification that you could press to start split view or more ideally a quick setting tile. This guy micromod in the vzw section has a stock based ROM that has a power button in the status bar that u can press to put the phone to sleep so I may also see if he'd be willing to let me use that but instead of using it as a power button have it start the split view.

Im pretty sure its an app that puts a power button on the status bar. Lockscreen widget Pro. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I was wrong. Its not an app, but its a real easy mod to do.

zuzymaju.jpg

Edit: F.Y.I- micromod borrowed it from acer73.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Im pretty sure its an app that puts a power button on the status bar. Lockscreen widget Pro. I could be wrong though.

Edit: I was wrong. Its not an app, but its a real easy mod to do.

zuzymaju.jpg

Edit: F.Y.I- micromod borrowed it from acer73.

@bigfau hey bro since your the man behind the split view awesomeness being on our g2, if I borrowed acer73's mod what should I have it point to on button press? The split view apk in /system? On your original mod is holding back just basically opening a "split view" app or is it something deeper than that? I haven't been running stock for the last few days cuz I've been playing around with some of the kit kat builds but I'm planning on going back to my stock ROM this week end and see if I can't get this mod to work

Colnart

Dec 10, 2013
is there any way to set the browser apps from the Qslide into different one beside the stock ?

bigfau

@bigfau hey bro since your the man behind the split view awesomeness being on our g2, if I borrowed acer73's mod what should I have it point to on button press? The split view apk in /system? On your original mod is holding back just basically opening a "split view" app or is it something deeper than that? I haven't been running stock for the last few days cuz I've been playing around with some of the kit kat builds but I'm planning on going back to my stock ROM this week end and see if I can't get this mod to work

Its a little bit deeper than that. There is nothing really for it to point to. Split View is always active. I have to find out how to turn Split View off without having to reboot the phone. The main thing I want to fix is the bugs. So many. :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple access to functions that usually sit in a 'tools' folder on your home screen

LG is using the G2 as a platform*for launching many new software features, one of which is QSlide — a new way to use small utility apps quickly without pulling you away from whatever else you're doing. Not to be confused with "Slide Aside" (that's a full-app multitasking feature), QSlide is a collection of apps launched from the notification shade that pop up over your current activity so you can multitask in a different way.

Simply pull down the notification shade and tap one of the handful of available options under the quick settings: Richnote, Videos, Email, Phone, Voice Mate, File Manager, Calendar or Calculator. A small windowed app will pop up without exiting your current app, letting you quickly get a task done and go back to the first. If you need to reference something else while you have a QSlide app open, just use the slider at the top of the window to change the transparency.

Once you've set the app to be transparent, you can interact with anything that is "underneath" it just as if it wasn't there. Go copy text, reference a web page or whatever else and then come back to your Richnote or Calculator entry. The apps can also be expanded to a full screen with just one tap. QSlide is an interesting feature that can save you from having a "tools' folder on your home screen for these common functions. Hang tight after the break for a video walkthrough of using QSlide on the LG G2.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qi9b-u76RQE&desktop_uri=/watch?v=qi9b-u76RQE
    This might sound strange but qslide is easily the most disappointing feature ive encountered so far. The fact that you can only use the ****tier LG versions of Google apps is a travesty. I only use the gmail client for multiple reasons, same with Google calendar. But alas LG decided to make their most powerful phone gimped by simple software limitations. I hope someone can hack a qslide app that would allow us to add non LG apps.
    If you want my opinion lg phones are rubbish (nexus family excluded)

You need a bigger Galaxy S4 signature, almost had to get my glasses to see it. :rolleyes:
    Qslide does have a toggle switch with the rest of the toggles. It removes the row of apps below the toggle row in the pull down.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    Qslide does have a toggle switch with the rest of the toggles. It removes the row of apps below the toggle row in the pull down.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

There is actually a buid.prop line that sets the amount of apps you can open in qslide. Let me edit it and I'll report back

The line in the build prop you can edit is the following:

ro.lge.qslide.max.window=2 (2 is the default)

I changed it to 3 and this is the result

2013-10-07-21-34-54.jpg