• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] Quick Event 1.1.0 [Updated 9.25.11]

Search This thread

roee88

Dec 18, 2010

A Calendar Event Inserter similar to Google calendar's Quick Add feature.
By roee88 & danny88.

The end of filling out complicated forms!
Add events to your calendar as quickly as possible by taking advantage of advanced native language processing.
This powerful tool allows you to insert complicated event that include advanced parameters such as recurring factors, location, duration and much more.
Just start typing or speaking, let us do the rest... :)

Usage Examples:
  • Family dinner @Mom's every Sunday at 7pm
  • Meeting with Joe tomorrow at 9
  • Buy milk @5pm. reminder 30 minutes
  • Test from Monday to Friday
  • Another test from mon until fri
  • Play basketball w/ Mark 10/10 weekly
In case you want learn more about how to use this app and Google's quickadd feature, just log on to http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=36604

Notes

• Designed for English and Hebrew languages only. In case you use any other language you may use the @ symbol as a replacement for "at" for both location and time, and use numeric dates like 10/11.
  • To change date format go to your phone's Settings -> Date & time settings -> Select date format.
  • This application is part of Android Pro Widgets and is available for free as a stand alone application (Android Pro Widgets is also free).

Download

* You can also search "apw" on the market to find this application.

Attachments

• ss-320-0-0.jpg
    ss-320-0-0.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,055
  • ss-480-1-1.jpg
    ss-480-1-1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 849
Last edited:

ExcaliberX

Feb 14, 2011
Looks great! will it be available as a widget too?
how about multilanguage support?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work.

Whippler

Apr 3, 2011
looks great, now all i need is landscape version of this thing. so awierd to type whit landscape qwerty slider...

HellbillyDeluxe

Mar 30, 2010
Nice, thank you!

By the way: What calendar widget are you using on the first screenshot? I don't recognize it. It isn't from LauncherPro, isn't it? Thanks!

roee88

Dec 18, 2010
Whippler
We'll see what can be done for that, thanks.

HellbillyDeluxe
This is part of our other application, Android Pro Widgets, you can find it on market by searching for apw.

hamsterkiller & ExcaliberX
Supporting more languages is an extremely challenging task as simple translation just won't work. We will try to implement it on a future release.
Once we start working on that, any help would be much appreciated.

the next release will focus on adding other features suggested by users.
- [DONE] Add voice recognition
- [DONE] Remember last calendar used.
- Better support for landscape mode.

Last edited:

rcrott1

Aug 31, 2010
Awesome app! One thing i did notice is that if you are typing and accidently turn the phone to landscape, it makes the app just disappear..

danny88

Awesome app! One thing i did notice is that if you are typing and accidently turn the phone to landscape, it makes the app just disappear..

Thank you! we are thrilled that you enjoy our app.
If it no bother, please rate us\place a comment in Android Market

About the Landscape mode, the problem is fixed in our next version (that will be released in a couple of days\hours :))

danny88

Can you also look into the default reminder time when entering an event with this app. I think it's always 15 minutes even though I set it to 10 minutes in Android calendar app.

Unfortunately reminders are somewhat tricky and we have no access to the default reminder setting of the calendar application.
We will try to think of an elegant solution for future releases, but for now the default reminder is indeed 15 minutes.
For now you may click the Edit button instead of OK and immediately press back (we know, not the best solution..).

Android Pro Quick Event 1.0.2 released!
Here are recent changes:
- Fix: closed when changing orientation.
- Fix: Remembers the last used calendar.
- Feature: Speech recognition added.

Last edited:

griffen97023

Apr 13, 2011
beaverton
my days are off by one

when i try to set up an event the day is off by one i say Friday and it puts Thursdays date in it? anyone else have this issue

Attachments

• snap20110710_150237.jpg
    snap20110710_150237.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 48

roee88

Dec 18, 2010
griffen97023
Please let me know what is your timezone so I can try to reproduce it.

Edit: well I can see its Pacific.
As far as I can tell the bug is only in the display and only for full day events. Events are placed at the right day after you click OK or Edit.
I'm working on a fix right now and it will be included in the next release.
Thanks.

Last edited:

tsrzealot

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks! + small bug (?) report

Hey, thanks for the awesome app, I hit that "thanks" button really hard ;)
I think I'll get used to the way of typing in appointments like that quite quickly.

However, I already found something I believe to be a minor bug. Imagine the following scenario: Let's say I want to schedule a meeting at an office of someone called "George Atkinson": "Meeting @ Atkinson's office". No problem so far.
In Germany it is not uncommon for people to have multiple last names connected by a hyphen. Let's say his name is now "George Johnson-Atkinson". Now it would be: "Meeting @ Johnson-Atkinson's office". What happens is that apparently the hyphen changes something in the syntax so that after having typed "Johnson-A", as soon as I type the "t", the Location part will omit what I wrote before and say "tkinson's office" when I'm done typing everything. It probably has something to do with its recognizing the "At" in "Atkinson" as a command (yet, funnily enough, the "t" stays as the first letter in the Location field, which I wouldn't have expected if it was mistaken as part of a command!).

It can get even more confusing. Let's say I don't want it to say "Meeting @ Johnson-Atkinson's office", but rather "Meeting @ George Johnson-Atkinson's office" (i.e. adding the first name; to be more general: another word followed by a space). After having typed "Meeting @ George Johnson-", the hyphen "jumps" to the Title field again, leaving only "George Johnson" in the Location field. Completing the command will result in the Title field saying "Meeting -Atkinson's office" and the Location field saying "George Johnson". EDIT: I just tried it with "Meeting @ Atkinson-Johnson's office" and it gave me "Meeting -Johnson's office" --> Title and "George Atkinson" --> Location. So this "bug" doesn't seem to be associated with the "At". So I guess I accidently found two bugs which I thought to be a single one ;)

I don't know if this is working as intended and only poses a problem with the German "double names". Nonetheless, I did actually and in reality run across this problem ;) I hope my description wasn't too confusing.

Thanks in advance for looking into it!

Last edited:

roee88

Dec 18, 2010
Updated to 1.0.3

We just released version 1.0.3

Change log:
  • Many improvements in the parsing abilities.
  • Added an option for full screen mode.
  • Fixed timezone issues.
  • Fixed calendars detection for Motorola 2.2+ devices.
  • Added Settings to allow changing default reminder, duration and calendar provider.

tsrzealot
Try this version and let me know what you think.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A Calendar Event Inserter similar to Google calendar's Quick Add feature.
    By roee88 & danny88.

The end of filling out complicated forms!
    Add events to your calendar as quickly as possible by taking advantage of advanced native language processing.
    This powerful tool allows you to insert complicated event that include advanced parameters such as recurring factors, location, duration and much more.
    Just start typing or speaking, let us do the rest... :)

Usage Examples:
    • Family dinner @Mom's every Sunday at 7pm
    • Meeting with Joe tomorrow at 9
    • Buy milk @5pm. reminder 30 minutes
    • Test from Monday to Friday
    • Another test from mon until fri
    • Play basketball w/ Mark 10/10 weekly
    In case you want learn more about how to use this app and Google's quickadd feature, just log on to http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?answer=36604

Notes

• Designed for English and Hebrew languages only. In case you use any other language you may use the @ symbol as a replacement for "at" for both location and time, and use numeric dates like 10/11.
    • To change date format go to your phone's Settings -> Date & time settings -> Select date format.
    • This application is part of Android Pro Widgets and is available for free as a stand alone application (Android Pro Widgets is also free).

Download

* You can also search "apw" on the market to find this application.
    rcrott1
    We already fixed that for the next release, thanks.

Can you also look into the default reminder time when entering an event with this app. I think it's always 15 minutes even though I set it to 10 minutes in Android calendar app.