• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] quickReply - Reply from notifications or use chatHeads like in facebook!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014

quickReply lets you reply directly from system notifications like in Android 7 Nougat.
You can also use floating chatHeads like in facebook for whatsapp, telegramm and many others!

Plus you can use voice replies or send direct predefined replies!

With quickReply you can easily..
  • write quick replies directly from the system notifications without opening the messaging app!
  • mark messages as read directly from the notification!
  • activate additional heads-up notifications or floating ChatHeads.

FEATURES:
  • Voice replies
  • QuickReply: Send quick replies
  • DirectReply: Send your own predefined messages as direct replies
  • Heads-up notification quick replies
  • Mark as read for WhatsApp and others!
  • Separate notifications for every contact
  • Chat heads notification to write messages at any time
  • Floating chat heads to reply when you like to

QUICKREPLY SUPPORTED APPS:
  • WhatsApp, Telegram, Threema, Skype, Line, Kik, EvolveSms, YAATA, Textra, ChompSms, Hangouts, Handcent SMS...

MARK AS READ SUPPORTED APPS:
  • WhatsApp, Telegram, Threema, Skype, Kik, EvolveSms...

JOIN GOOGLE COMMUNITY
Beta community

Direct forum download:

Attachments

• quickReply_v3.00.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 5,178
Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
a0ddqgv.png

avapad.png

611aprm.png

floateep5m.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mohdfadlyjalil

Adirtha

May 12, 2015
Great app with some missing features

How do I set the time-out of heads up notification? Let me know please. Also, can you please add the feature to write two messages in chat heads by long pressing the send button? At the moment it's only possible in the heads up notification.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
How do I set the time-out of heads up notification? Let me know please. Also, can you please add the feature to write two messages in chat heads by long pressing the send button? At the moment it's only possible in the heads up notification.
Thanks!

The heads-up are system headsup, so android controls the timeout unfortunately. Have no influence here.

Will investigate the multimessage bug. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Adirtha

lucastracq

Jan 20, 2015
hi dev, thanks a lot for your work, it's just what i was looking for. i have a couple of questions though. first of all, i joined the beta testing group but i didn't receive any update, maybe because there is no new beta version yet? also i would like to know if it's possible for you to make quickReply show app's name in notifications instead of just "quickReply".
thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: LPW00

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
hi dev, thanks a lot for your work, it's just what i was looking for. i have a couple of questions though. first of all, i joined the beta testing group but i didn't receive any update, maybe because there is no new beta version yet? also i would like to know if it's possible for you to make quickReply show app's name in notifications instead of just "quickReply".
thanks again!

Theres currently no beta online, but will come soon.

Are you on Android Nougat?

jiznon

Aug 25, 2014
Unfortunately, using this means I sacrifice all rich Wear support that some apps have. Eg. Textra allows reply from watch, conversation view, hires contact photos, etc. Whole quickReply only shows a blank icon for Reply (which opens quickReply on phone), and an Open on Phone option.

Is it possible to use quickReply for all phone-side notifications, but the native notifications for Wear devices?

If not, I'll have to go without quickReply due to lack of Android Wear support. This app is otherwise fantastic!

Last edited:

Adirtha

May 12, 2015
Unfortunately, using this means I sacrifice all rich Wear support that some apps have. Eg. Textra allows reply from watch, conversation view, hires contact photos, etc. Whole quickReply only shows a blank icon for Reply (which opens quickReply on phone), and an Open on Phone option.

Is it possible to use quickReply for all phone-side notifications, but the native notifications for Wear devices?

If not, I'll have to go without quickReply due to lack of Android Wear support. This all is otherwise fantastic!

You can turn off quick reply for apps you don't want it to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

quickReply lets you reply directly from system notifications like in Android 7 Nougat.
    You can also use floating chatHeads like in facebook for whatsapp, telegramm and many others!

Plus you can use voice replies or send direct predefined replies!

With quickReply you can easily..
    • write quick replies directly from the system notifications without opening the messaging app!
    • mark messages as read directly from the notification!
    • activate additional heads-up notifications or floating ChatHeads.

FEATURES:
    • Voice replies
    • QuickReply: Send quick replies
    • DirectReply: Send your own predefined messages as direct replies
    • Heads-up notification quick replies
    • Mark as read for WhatsApp and others!
    • Separate notifications for every contact
    • Chat heads notification to write messages at any time
    • Floating chat heads to reply when you like to

QUICKREPLY SUPPORTED APPS:
    • WhatsApp, Telegram, Threema, Skype, Line, Kik, EvolveSms, YAATA, Textra, ChompSms, Hangouts, Handcent SMS...

MARK AS READ SUPPORTED APPS:
    • WhatsApp, Telegram, Threema, Skype, Kik, EvolveSms...

JOIN GOOGLE COMMUNITY
    Beta community

Direct forum download:
    New beta quickReply v3.10 is online!

- New: Android 7 Nougat layout
    - Added do not disturb mode
    - Extra options from chatHeads
    - Mark as read from chatHeads
    - Select max number of chatHeads
    - chatHeads reply privacy fix
    - chatHeads autoclear added
    - Battery optimizations
    - Fixes & optimizations
    TRANSLATIONS:
    If youre interested in fixing translations or adding a new one follow below links.

Text:
    https://www.localize.im/v/rn

Lists
    https://www.localize.im/v/rp

After account validation you can edit the files.
    If the text is the same in your language you can leave it empty!
    Not sure I understand the usage of this app. It's not showing any quick reply option on lock screen. It just lights up the screen. I tested with ChompSMS. At least Floatify showed the text message - albeit without a quick reply option. If unlocking the screen to reply to a text message is necessary then the app name is a bit misleading as it's not a "quick reply" if first having to unlock the screen and then find the notification.
    I'm on Lollipop 5.1, Lenovo P70 stock rom (no Vibe UI) and using the free version of quickReply. The SMS app that I use is ChompSMS. When a message arrives but ChompSMS app is in background, I receive a head-up notification showing Reply text. If I touch this command, I can write a message. But in lock-screen, the head-up notification is not showing that extra line with Reply command. I have to swipe down on the head-up to be able to touch Reply text and it gives an annoying extra action to be able to reply. Is this how quickReply app is intended to be or it's something that messes with my version of Android?