[APP][R][XPOSED] GravityBox v11.0.5 for Android 11 [08/08/2021]

Search This thread

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
I have been trying to figure out my camera issue for 2 days now and here you come along and solve it! Awesome!
I had a feeling it was edxposed and not magisk. Great find bro!

[At least on Pixel 4 and 4 XL:] Camera v8 doesn't work with EdXposed, unless blacklisted as of recently (same with Google Recorder app). Uninstalling updates reverted you back to v7.x, which works whether you blacklist camera app or not, and likely more the reason why it's working now. If you wanna try v8 camera (I actually think it brought very significant improvements this time around), try updating the app again now that you have the camera app blacklisted. Like I said before, same with the Google Recorder app. (Edit: whoops, I see that was already mentioned that you updated back to v8. I actually already posted about this a few pages back though, lol)

Edit:
Sorry for the noob question but where do u find option to blacklist apps in Edxposed? By the way if or when you blacklist the apps do you lose functions in GB 11 after reboot

Oh wow I'm sorry dude! This totally flew under my radar... You gotta go into EdXposed Manager settings and first enable app list mode. Then you can choose whether you want black or white list mode. See OP's first posts for more details on what is recommended to add for best compatibility with GB. And no, GB functions are not lost after blacklisting those apps (assuming you didn't blacklist something that OP specifically said you need whitelisted... obviously).

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I'm assuming this will eventually be brought up in this thread, so to save everyone some time, there is a new SafetyNet fix for now. Explanation copied and pasted from the Pixel 4 XL GPay thread, where I've cross-posted this. Hope yall don't mind, and this is useful for you guys:

YET ANOTHER NEW SAFETYNET WORKAROUND (AS OF AROUND JANUARY 12 / 13):
Explained very well here, as to why it's failing again: https://github.com/ProtonAOSP/andro...mmit/15633a3d29bf727b83083f2c49d906c16527d389

tl;dr - even if BASIC hardware attestation is being reported, it is still actually running HARDWARE-based test, at least under the hood. Please go and thank the original creator of this method: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix, as well as where I found the original info: https://xdaforums.com/t/unable-to-pass-safetynet.4192073/post-84282209

The Github release files are just raw files in the zip, so you'll need to download, unzip, then rezip (without compression) into the proper Magisk file/folder structure.
For your convenience, I've also uploaded v1.2 of kdrag0n's Magisk module to AFH, already ready to be flashed in Magisk Manager: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145715249

kdrag0n already updated the module to support earlier versions of Android, plus some code changes to make it more reliable. Go get it from his Github; the .zip's are now flashable-ready! Here: https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
I'm sending a donation over to him right now to show my appreciation... I hope others do the same!

Obviously flash at your own risk - it worked perfectly fine on my P4XL, on January 2021 patch, running latest Magisk 21.2, Riru Core 23.3, EdXposed (4655), etc.

Last edited:

C3C076

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Is this problem still present in latest edxposed 4667?
I had a discussion and have to admit that performance impact is not that serious I thought might be. Problem about too chatty log that makes EdXposed log files grow in size still stays, though.

Following on this. I just sent a pull request against EdXposed repository which contains some optimizations for feature I was worrying could have some negative performance impact. Hopefully it gets merged.
Details here: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/pull/806

Last edited:

AlDollaz

Nov 1, 2012
Philadelphia
Anyone having trouble keeping the clock and tiles settings to permanently stick? The clock setting will stick for a second, but if I pull the notification menu down, it'll go back to default. I'm also trying to get 7 quick tiles, but 6 only show.

Running Riru 23.3 and EdXposed 0.5.1.4_4668 and using a OnePlus 8.

(Apologies if this has already been answered)

Last edited:

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Anyone having trouble keeping the clock and tiles settings to permanently stick? The clock setting will stick for a second, but if I pull the notification menu down, it'll go back to default. I'm also trying to get 7 quick tiles, but 6 only show.

Running Riru 22.3 and EdXposed 0.5.1.4_4668 and using a OnePlus 8.

(Apologies if this has already been answered)
Oneplus compatibility is expected to be improved as soon as I have official android 11 update on my Op7Pro.

daddylonglegs

Oct 23, 2009
Vermont
Google Pixel 5
How important is the whitelist thing? What does it do, help with battery life? Only asking because I also use MinMinGuard and they don't mention any whitelist info on their site and I don't want this breaking MinMinGuard.

Last edited:

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
@C3C076
Skip track for music aint work when screen is off and unplug turns on screen also not.. you will fix that ? 😊

nvm its fixed.
Xperia 1 users need todo this to add to the whitelist and it works flawlesly:
- Android System (android)
- System UI (com.android.systemui)

From the OP:
Required whitelisted packages
In case you use blacklist/whitelist functionality of EdXposed make sure all the following packages are whitelisted (not blacklisted respectively) for full GravityBox experience.
- Call Management (com.android.server.telecom)
- Download Manager (com.android.providers.downloads)
- Phone (com.android.dialer or com.google.android.dialer)
- Phone Services (com.android.phone)
- Phone (com.android.incallui) (OxygenOS only)
It is strongly recommended to use Whitelist functionality for better performance as EdXposed hooks only smaller amount of processes.
In case of running multiple Xposed modules consult their whitelist requirements with the devs of module.

It's mentioned in the first post. I would also make sure those other packages are whitelisted as well, if you haven't already.

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com

Lol, well it's all good. I didn't even bother with White List mode before, as I''ve been using Black List mode. There were some VERY STRANGE instances to get some of my banking apps 100% working, where for some reason I needed to SPECIFICALLY Black List (but the default blacklisted status of being left alone on the White List for some reason never worked, freaking weird man) and/or add to Compatibility mode, or a combination of both or one or the other. TD Bank (which has since started working again), Chase app (Compatibility mode, if I want to be able to see bonus cash back offers section show up), and Wells Fargo app were among the weird ones.

Plus, along with a bunch of these banks finally updating their biometrics API integrations, it's also less annoying to need to WhiteList each app, one by one, that still need FingerFace to use Face Unlock. I'm now only down to 2 of them - PayPal (c'mon PayPal, seriously??? get with the times!!) and Capital One - yet Capital One's CreditWise app uses the new biometrics API while their main banking app still uses the old fingerprint API - really Capital One? Who's in charge of your mobile development team??

ANYWAY, with all that said I finally switched to White List mode. And along with that, I lost having the [volume key cursor control] mod working. So I did some quick investigating. C's source code for GB shows that the mod is tweaking the functionality of android.inputmethodservice.InputMethodService. So I took a quick look at the Android source: https://developer.android.com/reference/kotlin/android/inputmethodservice/InputMethodService. Which ultimately turned out to be a waste of time, because the solution was a lot simpler than that (at least the solution for me, and hopefully for everyone). At first, I tried to whitelist Input Devices (com.android.inputdevices), reboot, but it didn't work. I then tried to whitelist both Input Devices as well as Gboard, reboot again. Volume key cursor control worked immediately after reboot. It turns out com.android.inputdevices had nothing to do with it. Only the keyboard app being used (although I'm assuming - I don't use any other virtual keyboards on my phone) needs to be whitelisted for this option to work immediately upon reboot. Do note that removing Gboard from whitelist does not make the mod stop working (at least until reboot), nor does enabling the app in whitelist make the mod start working before rebooting (even if you toggle the setting on/off in GB). For those who don't know, it was a limitation in GravityBox [Q] that on some devices the option needed to be toggled off and back on to work, after reboots. The behavior seems to have changed in Android 11 - and furthermore it seems that the behavior is invoked upon sometime in the boot process. For whatever reason, the virtual keyboard app / input method targeted by the mod needs to be whitelisted and read by the EdXposed module during the boot process.

So, @C3C076, I believe the solution to:
Current issues
- Key actions: Volume key cursor control not working (most likely EdXposed related)
is to simply whitelist whatever your "input device" method (virtual keyboard app) is. In my case, whitelisting Gboard. I would assume if you have multiple keyboards installed, you would want to whitelist each one but I haven't tested this at all (see next post). Hopefully all this word barf helps you clear this particular issue out of your list. I dunno, maybe with your ninja coding magic skills you can come up with something more elegant, or something that better directly targets the issue. :)

PS: Pixel 4 XL on Android 11 (duh). Oh, and I can't liiiiiiive without my volume key cursor control baaaaeeeee~~~~!!! 🤪🤪

Last edited:

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
Just tested on my Pie and Q devices - no more need to toggle off and back on after rebooting, in order to use volume key cursor control. Just needed to add Gboard to the whitelist. Interesting. Both devices (HTC U12+ stock Pie and Galaxy Tab S6 Lite with LOS 17.1 [Q]) now on EdXposed White List mode, and cursor control works immediately upon boot after adding Gboard to whitelist. Yes, I know LOS has the mod built-in, but I keep it default in LOS system settings and just use GravityBox.

My HTC U12+ also has TouchPal (HTC keyboard) installed - switching to this keyboard causes volume key cursor control to fail. Whitelisting TouchPal makes it work. So yeah, I would recommend whitelisting all of your keyboard apps!

winjer

Jan 28, 2011
Maybe I got misled by an independent variable, but...seems like it didn't work when I tried using Sandhook 4655, and started working when I switched to YAHFA 4655. Or maybe I was accidentally using the debug release and that was the problem? Pixel 4a, January image.

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
So, @C3C076, I believe the solution to:

is to simply whitelist whatever your "input device" method (virtual keyboard app) is. In my case, whitelisting Gboard. I would assume if you have multiple keyboards installed, you would want to whitelist each one but I haven't tested this at all (see next post). Hopefully all this word barf helps you clear this particular issue out of your list. I dunno, maybe with your ninja coding magic skills you can come up with something more elegant, or something that better directly targets the issue. :)

PS: Pixel 4 XL on Android 11 (duh). Oh, and I can't liiiiiiive without my volume key cursor control baaaaeeeee~~~~!!! 🤪🤪
Great find. Thanks for looking into it. What I was trying was that I disabled whitelist/blacklist feature completely just to see if the feature works or not. But it didn't. One would expect that it is the same situation as when you whitelist keyboard app just like you did. This is strange. For now I'll update the list of apps that need to be whitelisted for full support.

MaXAiRO

Great find. Thanks for looking into it. What I was trying was that I disabled whitelist/blacklist feature completely just to see if the feature works or not. But it didn't. One would expect that it is the same situation as when you whitelist keyboard app just like you did. This is strange. For now I'll update the list of apps that need to be whitelisted for full support.
Well, on GB 10.1.0 I also use that feature with SwiftKey which is already whitelisted / not blacklisted and the feature doesn't survive reboots. I have to disable it and enable it again to make it work.

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 11
Hi, @C3C076 I am getting this error on OP7 Open Beta 1 Oxygen OS 11. Never got it on Android 10. Can you help me out..?

Edit : saw the update in the play Store. Everything works fine. Strange it didn't auto updated it. Thanks anyways 😊

Screenshot_20210125-041354.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GravityBox - all-in-one tweak box - Xposed module for devices running Android 11
    Version 11.0.5 [R]

Version for JellyBean is available in this thread:
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2316070
    Version for KitKat is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554049
    Version for Lollipop is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3037566
    Version for Marshmallow is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3251148
    Version for Nougat is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3653953
    Version for Oreo is available in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3739929
    Version for Pie is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3908768
    Version for Q is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3974497

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING ANY FURTHER

Introduction
    The app utilizes Riru-EdXposed Magisk module which uses original Xposed Framework API created by rovo89.

!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!
    This module utilizes EdXposed Framework which is still in early development stage and may contain bugs or might not be fully compatible with the system of your Android device. I take no responsibility for any issues arising from using GravityBox with EdXposed and strongly recommend creating a full backup of your device before activating the module.

Requirements
    - Magisk v21 or later
    - Riru v23 or later (Magisk module)
    - EdXposed Manager (Application)
    - Avoid using Resource hooking support if possible (Can be disabled in EdXposed Manager settings)

Installation
    This procedure assumes you have working Magisk installation.
    1) Install Riru module in Magisk Manager
    2) Install and run EdXposed Manager app and download Riru-EdXposed module v5.1.3.x or later (currently Alpha/Canary)
    3) Install downloaded Riru-EdXposed module in Magisk Manager
    5) Reboot and open EdXposed Manager app to check if EdXposed works and is active
    6) Install GravityBox and enable it in EdXposed Manager
    7) Reboot and profit

In case you use blacklist/whitelist functionality of EdXposed make sure all the following packages are whitelisted (not blacklisted respectively) for full GravityBox experience.
    - Keyboard app (e.g. Gboard) in order to be able to use "Volume key cursor control" feature
    It is strongly recommended to use Whitelist functionality for better performance as EdXposed hooks only smaller amount of processes.
    In case of running multiple Xposed modules consult their whitelist requirements with the devs of module.

Feature highlight
    --- Lockscreen tweaks
    --- QuickSettings tile management with additional tiles
    --- Statusbar tweaks
    --- Navigation bar tweaks
    --- Pie controls
    --- Power tweaks
    --- Display tweaks
    --- Phone tweaks
    --- Media tweaks
    --- Hardware/navigation key actions
    --- GravityBox Actions - interface for 3rd party apps
    --- Notification control (per-app notification LED/sounds/vibrations)
    --- Fingerprint launcher
    --- Advanced tuning of Framework and System UI parameters
    ... and many more

Compatibility
    GB's main concept is to make most of the preference changes to be done on the fly without need to reboot a device to achieve custom-ROM like experience.
    This means it is not possible to "completely deactivate" particular feature if it causes trouble on your device or if you installed GB because you want to use only one particular feature you can't find elsewhere.
    This results in issues on ROMs/devices that have parts that are diverting from default Android implementation too much, or are running heavily modified custom ROMs.
    If you experience weird issues after installing GB, even if you didn't activate a particular feature, it is not because of GB is broken, it is because it is not compatible with your ROM.
    It is very similar to a situation when you installed ROM built from source for Nexus to some Xperia device - it won't work.

GB is a complex module and is not suitable for 1 purpose scenario. This means, if you are running custom ROM built from source, and you are missing a certain feature, your best option is to go ask creators of those ROMs to implement those additional features. Supplementing missing features on well-known custom ROMs built from source by installing xposed modules (especially complex ones) is definitely not a good way to go and can cause more trouble than good.
    GB being a complex module, it shouldn't be combined with other complex modules often racing for the same goal. They can conflict/fight on the same playground and there's no way you can deterministically say which one's going to win. They can even lose both.

So in summary:
    - this module is designed to run on vanilla or close-to-vanilla Android 11 (AOSP)
    - officially supports devices/systems it was developed and tested on
    - Samsung, HTC, MIUI, Xperia, Lenovo, etc. are NOT supported. It is not guaranteed this module will work on these at all so try at your own risk. This module is simply too complex to support all kind of ROM brands that were vastly modified by vendors.
    - DO NOT USE WITH CUSTOM ROMS MODULE WAS NOT EXPLICITLY DESIGNED FOR
    - I will not implement any exceptions that will adapt this module to a specific custom ROM. Please, do understand, it is unmanageable.
    - I will not provide any support for devices violating these compatibility rules

GravityBox [R] has been designed for and tested on
    - Pixel 3a running Google OS
    - OnePlus 7Pro running Oxygen OS 11

Reporting bugs
    If possible, please use Github issue reporting interface for reporting bugs.
    If you experience problems with certain feature, provide the full-detailed info that can help me
    to reproduce the bug and attach logs that can be exported from EdXposed Manager app.
    Real-time logging can be performed by using ADB: adb logcat -s EdXposed-Bridge

In case you experience SystemUI crashes or other apps Force Closing, or device soft reboots, attach logcat from time
    crash occurs. (use adb logcat *:E or your favorite logcat app from Play Store).
    Please, don't attach big logs. Only the portion where error is clearly seen.
    Disable all other xposed modules before reproducing bug to make sure it is really GravityBox related
    Remember, this app was developed and tested on one particular device so it is not guaranteed that it will work flawlessly on yours.

Multilanguage support
    Volunteers are welcome to translate GravityBox to other languages.
    Preferred way is to use GitHub interface to fork your own copy of GravityBox, make changes and then send pull request against original repository.
    Anoter way is to simply download this file: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/raw/r/GravityBox/src/main/res/values/strings.xml
    Use Notepad++ to edit strings and then send me edited file so I can include translations into next release.

Source code
    GravityBox is opensource. Sources are available in my gihub: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/tree/r
    If you're a dev and have some ideas for additional features, feel free to fork it, work on it and send the pull requests.

Copyright notice
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/r/NOTICE

Support development
    Coding, maintaining and supporting this project costs me a lot of my precious time. If you find this project useful, you are more than welcome to support its development via donation. This form of support is meant to compensate for my time dedicated to the community + eventually, help me to afford newer device to keep up with AOSP evolution thus providing continuous support as Android evolves. Thanks!

Info about premium features and PayPal transaction ID verification system
    1) Those who supported development via PayPal donation can use their PayPal transaction ID to unlock premium features.
    As of v2.9.5, there are three premium features:
    - Backup/restore of GB settings.
    - Ultimate notification control
    - Advanced Tuning

2) If you contributed to the project by providing translations, code fragments, or by any other way
    you can apply for a free transaction ID by contacting me via PM.

3) Be aware that there's a system that can identify potential transaction ID
    abuse. E.g. when one ID is being used by more users. Such IDs will get blocked automatically.
    In case you own more devices, you can use one transaction ID on up to 10 of them.

4) If you are using your own custom builds of GB for personal use, you will get hash mismatch
    upon verifying your ID as verification system accepts requests only from official releases of GB.
    If you want to be able to verify IDs with your custom build, contact me via PM so I can setup
    a special hash for your build.
    If you are using a custom build that you provide for broader group of users (e.g. in a custom ROM),
    it is necessary to ask for new hash everytime your new custom version is released for public use.
    These rules are based on mutual trust so please, do not violate them.

Credits
    - RikkaW for creating and maintainng Riru Magisk module
    - solohsu & MlgmXyysd for creating and maintaining EdExposed Magisk module
    - @frank93 for donating Pixel 3a for development
    - @bgcngm for his code contributions to the project
    - @MohammadAG for Xperia specific contributions to the project
    - @rovo89 for his ultimate Xposed framework and "Volume keys to skip track" mod
    - @peptonib for starting me up with this project
    - @simmac for app icon
    - @romracer for Motorola specific code contributions
    - @firefds for Samsung specific code contributions
    - CyanogenMod project
    - ParanoidAndroid project
    - Slim, RootBox, AOKP, OmniROM projects
    - Sergey Margaritov for ColorPickerPreference
    - ArthurHub for Image cropping library
    - All those who provided translations for different languages (Mr.Premise, peptonib, kidmar, ch-vox, romashko, Indiant, lelemm, oicirbaf, unavix, LuHash, WedyDQ10, mp3comanche, awaaas, liveasx, samsonbear, Eric850130, xtrem007, benjoe1, asmb111, Fatih Firinci, ...)
    - and finally, all those who keep the project alive by supporting me via donations (you know who you are)

Changelog
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/r/CHANGELOG.txt
    Changelog 11.0.5 - 08/08/2021
    - Lockscreen: added option to blur media artwork on lockscreen (thanks to robbins)
    - Navbar: allow cursor control keys in gestural navbar
    - Dialer: adjusted for compatibility with the latest Google Dialer
    - Properly identify OnePlus 8T as device running OxygenOS ROM (thanks to F-i-f)
    --- should improve compatibility significantly

Developed and tested on:
    - Pixel 3a running Google OS
    - OnePlus 7Pro running Oxygen OS 11

Current issues
    - Display: Expanded Desktop - immersive modes not working
    - Key actions: Home double-tap not working
    - Lockscreen: Changed custom carrier text won't appear immediately
    - Custom Battery indicator: stock battery may appear for a while after the reboot
    - ... + potentially others mainly device/system variation specific

Removed features
    - GPS and SlimKat tiles - location modes (battery saving/high accuracy/device) no longer exist in Android 11
    - Audio Recording tile - background recording of audio not possible in Android 11

Download

Settings
    It is possible to restore settings that were backed up in GravityBox [Q]
    Simply transfer "GravityBox" folder from internal storage of one device to internal storage of another device.

- Keyboard app (e.g. Gboard) in order to be able to use "Volume key cursor control" feature

Credits
    @frank93 for donating Pixel 3a for developemnt

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.4 to 11.0.5
    This is a very crude version of GravityBox for A13.
    I just made the required changes so I can have circle battery icon with percentage. Other stuff probably work as well, but I'm not planning on fixing anything that doesn't.
    Feel free to fork the repo - https://github.com/Firefds/GravityBox/tree/tiramisu

Enjoy the stuff that work!
    Version 11.0.3 available

Changelog 11.0.3 - 06/06/2021
    - Improved compatibility with OxygenOS (OP7Pro, OOS 11.0.1.1)
    --- Clock: fixed positioning in Status Bar Header
    --- Battery Style: fixed layout in Status Bar Header
    --- Lockscreen: fixed application bar (Shortcuts)
    --- Lockscreen: fixed Direct Unlock and Smart Unlock
    --- Dialer: adjusted for compatibility (call recording, etc)
    ------ Requires whitelisting com.oneplus.dialer
    - StatusBar: improved brightness control
    - Fixed "Force LTR" feature (thanks to Y-T-G)
    - Updated Turkish translations (thanks to Fatih Firinci)

Download

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
    Version 11.0.5 available

Changelog 11.0.5 - 08/08/2021
    - Lockscreen: added option to blur media artwork on lockscreen (thanks to robbins)
    - Navbar: allow cursor control keys in gestural navbar
    - Properly identify OnePlus 8T as device running OxygenOS ROM (thanks to F-i-f)
    --- should improve compatibility significantly

Download
    Also available in Xposed Repository and LSPosed Repository.

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.4 to 11.0.5