• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][R][XPOSED] GravityBox v11.0.5 for Android 11 [08/08/2021]

Search This thread

ryandxter

Mar 12, 2013
The Special Region of Yogyakarta
hi, can you tell me how to revert back android battery styles to default? I mean real default one depends on phone oem.

my battery style won't change anymore through substratum since I'm accidentally switch on and reboot battery style in GB even if it's uninstalled

cameronkelley28

Dec 1, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
Samsung Galaxy S10
no. i switched from edxposed to lsposed as i found it easier to get gb running with the latter.
GravityBox working fine for me on Galaxy S10 OneUI 3.1 (A11) with the following (I only use a couple GravityBox tweaks so might not be the best point of reference)

Magisk v22.1 stable
Riru v25.4.1
LSposed v1.3.5
GravityBox v11.0.2

Try downloading the Riru app to check if it's running properly.

1. Download latest release (https://github.com/RikkaApps/Riru/releases/download/v25.4.1/riru-v25.4.1-release.zip)
2. Open zip file and install "app.apk"
3. Run Riru app and check output

GravityBox LSposed module scope and Riru app output attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-071558_LSPosed.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-071558_LSPosed.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20210414-071921_Riru.png
    Screenshot_20210414-071921_Riru.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 117

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
running this on poco x3 (karna) with Riru v25.3.4.r399.84f7084 and Riru-LSPosed v1.3.4. working fine.
but, Riru v25.4.1.r411.22618ad and Riru-LSPosed v1.3.5 both don't run. no complaints; just reporting.

I am using Riru v25.4.1 and Riru-LSPosed v1.3.5 on my Pixel 4a and have no issues with GravityBox. I upgraded yesterday from Riru v25.3.4 and Riru-LSPosed v1.3.4.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
I am using gravity box on android11 with edxposed and works like charm.
ok, guys. i'm in trouble. after i updated my rom crDroid v7.4 of 31.03 to v7.5 of 13.04, riru and lsposed do not work, saying selinux is not enforcing. i tried edxposed too. but the manager does not even start - there is just a blank white page. i badly want gb for the few tweaks i use it for. how can i get it back up running? somebody, please help with steps and links. thanks.

tyler19820201

Jun 19, 2011
London
ok, guys. i'm in trouble. after i updated my rom crDroid v7.4 of 31.03 to v7.5 of 13.04, riru and lsposed do not work, saying selinux is not enforcing. i tried edxposed too. but the manager does not even start - there is just a blank white page. i badly want gb for the few tweaks i use it for. how can i get it back up running? somebody, please help with steps and links. thanks.
how did you update it. dirty flash?
unfortunatelly i have to say wipe data & clean flash is your only solution. However most of custom rom support dirty flash or has got inbuild updater but never gonna work perfectly because the magisk modules and xposed modules which are sensitive for system "leftover" from pervious version. They are integrating so deep in the boot and system partitions then a minor update can cause malfunction on them. If you intend to use these modules then you have to consider about it.
Try migrate or any other backup&restore tools for data restore and do a clean install always.
Hope this was helping something.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
....wipe data & clean flash is your only solution. ....Try migrate or any other backup&restore tools for data restore...
wiped cache, dalvik-cache and data. (didn't have the time to format data and copy everything back.) flashed rom, flame gapps and magisk 22.1. restored apps+data using alpha backup pro app. most everything else restored fine. i mean, i haven't noticed any shortcomings yet.

maybe i should flash crDroid v7.4, get everything running and then attempt an update to v7.5. the issue seems to be selinux-related.

jons99

Nov 5, 2019
wiped cache, dalvik-cache and data. (didn't have the time to format data and copy everything back.) flashed rom, flame gapps and magisk 22.1. restored apps+data using alpha backup pro app. most everything else restored fine. i mean, i haven't noticed any shortcomings yet.

maybe i should flash crDroid v7.4, get everything running and then attempt an update to v7.5. the issue seems to be selinux-related.
read this https://github.com/RikkaApps/Riru/w...-from-third-party-ROMs-cause-Riru-not-working

tldr:
  1. Report this problem to your ROM maintainers.
  2. Switch to other ROMs which does not have this problem, such as official LineageOS.
  3. Or stop using low quality third-party ROMs.

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
@C3C076

I noticed when I have gravitybox active that my expanded volume panel always shows the audio stream with the i and the circle around it no matter what settings I choose. My rom doesn't do that by itself and I would prefer it to not show up at all since my ringtone and notifications are always linked anyways.

Thanks!

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
@C3C076

I noticed when I have gravitybox active that my expanded volume panel always shows the audio stream with the i and the circle around it no matter what settings I choose. My rom doesn't do that by itself and I would prefer it to not show up at all since my ringtone and notifications are always linked anyways.

Thanks!
Never mind, I got used to it now lol

bubsbilby

Feb 11, 2019
Using this very happily with LSposed, and everything works as expected, except that it won't let me unlock premium. I donated using PayPal through the link in the app, but it won't recognise my transaction ID.

fire_of_mind

Feb 4, 2011
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Guys, need help. How back default settings of gravitybox mods? I changed traffic indicator to omni and it works nice but then I changed position of it to right (it was center by default) and screen went crazy (on - off - on all the time). I disabled lsposed and deleted GB... Any ideas how back to default settings of GB?

Never mind. Reinstalling lsposed did the job.

Last edited:

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
@C3C076, jokes aside about GravityBox (S) release, I did want to extend an offer to help. I just bought a used Pixel 3 ("blueline", non-XL) from a buddy, and have bootloader unlocked and installed Android 12 DP 1 already. To my surprise, GravityBox [R] is actually working at limited capacity. It wasn't my intention to even try, but I purposely installed March 2021 firmware (Android 11) and set up the phone completely so I could test in-place OTA / upgrading to A12 DP1 (without data loss), which was successful (using Magisk 22.0 stable). SafetyNet passing too (using kdrag0n's 2.0.0-test2 beta module - apparently the official releases cause unrecoverable bootloop).

Anyway, to my surprise when the phone booted into Android 12 DP 1, first thing I noticed was that the circle mod battery icon was working. Just a few more bits: Lockscreen double tap to sleep still works. Navbar customizations (cursor control and actions) doesn't seem to work, but volume key cursor control still works. The System UI tweaker was still able to successfully modify the quicksettings tiles / rows values to bring back 3 rows / 9 tiles, though with a small caveat (unrelated to GB).

Obviously this version of GravityBox wasn't intended to be used on this Android build, but I thought it was worth reporting. I was surprised GravityBox loaded at all - a bit less so as I was testing Active Edge Mod and during testing had build details read back to me, showing it still has ro.build.version.release with a value of "11", though ro.build.version.codename has been bumped up to 'S'. It would be worth noting now that this is the very first time I've messed with a Developer Preview build. I pretty much always wait a while to upgrade to a new version of Android, mostly for - wait for it - GravityBox! Lol. And of course I wouldn't want to mess too much with my daily driver device anyway.

So anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I would be very willing to be a beta tester for GravityBox (S). The Pixel 3 I acquired is literally just a tinkering device at this point, and at worst a backup phone for me or my wife if one of our phones craps out. I'm currently helping with the Active Edge Mod / Edge Sense Plus project to bring it up to speed with Android 12 thanks to this phone, and I would be more than happy to help ensure that GravityBox makes a smooth transition to Android 12 as well!

+1 that.
I have a Pixel 3xl and a Pixel 4a 5G. With a pixel 5 on the way. ( Here Sunday)
I'm currently sitting home (lockdown b's) with all kinds of free time.
Be happy to help in any way with GB for S.

Interesting. This means SDK number is still 11 on DP as otherwise module would refuse to work. Anyway, I have finally found some time to update my OP7Pro daily driver to Android 11 just to find out how many features of GravityBox are broken on it. I am not happy about running this on my daily driver as it feels so incomplete so will have to find some time for improving OxygenOS compatibility in the first place, before digging into Android 12 (I have Pixel 3a which I suppose can use for that?) Free time is luxury for me these days so I am not brave enough to give at least some estimate. Just to assure all I am still planning to continue with this project but things may not go as fast as my users were used to years ago.

Would it be possible to add an option to disable quick settings on the lock screen? Thanks
In GravityBox QS Management, within screen where you choose tiles there are 2 checkboxes. The 2nd one controls protection mode. Tiles that are marked as protected are disabled when device is locked. SO instead of disabling the whole QS, you can have some tiles blocked and some others not.

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
* Randomly, the number of icons in quick settings panel, I set to 6 a row through GravityBox settings, is back to 3 icons. I have to reboot the phone or reset that with GravityBox to get 6 incons a row back.

Well, sounds like incompatibility between module and the system which is normal for OEM specific Android modifications.
Just to let you know there is a potential for an alternate way of achieving this. It's in Advanced Tuning / SystemUI section where you can find some QS related config parameters that can be tweaked. Parameters for number of tiles per row or column are typically there.

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 9R
Hi @C3C076 I just purchased a OnePlus 9R and tried the latest GB on it and surprisingly the expanded volume buttons are not working., Also the linking and the unlinking of the notification and ringer is not working. Surprising because my OP 7 having oxygen 11 and on it it's working fine. Will you be able to check what is the issue..? I am attaching the screenshot. Do you want the lposed logs as well .?

OnePlus 9R 11.2.1.1
Riru : 25.4.4
LSPosed : 1.3.5

Edit : attached LSPosed log as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-002823.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-002823.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20210515-002850.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-002850.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 39
  • LSPosed_Modules_20210515_015410.log
    11.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 9R
@C3C076 further to my previous post, i saw the log and i found out that classNotFoundException com.android.systemui.volume.volimedialoglmpl.volumerow

Does that means anything..? Attached screenshot of the log.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-185748.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-185748.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that Xperia is already mentioned in the thread as not working. But nowadays Sony UI is pretty close to AOSP. Has anyone perhaps tried gravitybox on new Xperia phones? Eg. Xperia 1 III
    Works fine on my xperia 1 with Android 11
    Works fine on my xperia 1 with Android 11

Thank you very much king 🤜🏼 Will upgrade soon when they are back in stock here
    @c3076

Is there somewhere that gravitybox stores log files or something? Maybe it's something else but my nandroids always seem to grow in size a lot faster when I have gravitybox enabled. Cheers and even if it does do that it's worth it lol
    AFAIK, GBox only sends log to XPosed logging when the option for error logging is enabled and even then it's not saved to disk.
    Regarding your nandroid size, I'd say it's most likely something else.
    Hello everyone, I'm trying to get a system-native notification ticker like I remember GravityBox once had, since I really hated Heads Up notifications and could not adapt to it since day one. I couldn't find this feature after installing GravityBox on Android 11, has it been removed?
    GravityBox - all-in-one tweak box - Xposed module for devices running Android 11
    Version 11.0.5 [R]

Version for JellyBean is available in this thread:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2316070
    Version for KitKat is available in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2554049
    Version for Lollipop is available in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3037566
    Version for Marshmallow is available in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3251148
    Version for Nougat is available in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3653953
    Version for Oreo is available in this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3739929
    Version for Pie is available in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3908768
    Version for Q is available in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3974497

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING ANY FURTHER

Introduction
    The app utilizes Riru-EdXposed Magisk module which uses original Xposed Framework API created by rovo89.

!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!
    This module utilizes EdXposed Framework which is still in early development stage and may contain bugs or might not be fully compatible with the system of your Android device. I take no responsibility for any issues arising from using GravityBox with EdXposed and strongly recommend creating a full backup of your device before activating the module.

Requirements
    - Magisk v21 or later
    - Riru v23 or later (Magisk module)
    - EdXposed Manager (Application)
    - Avoid using Resource hooking support if possible (Can be disabled in EdXposed Manager settings)

Installation
    This procedure assumes you have working Magisk installation.
    1) Install Riru module in Magisk Manager
    2) Install and run EdXposed Manager app and download Riru-EdXposed module v5.1.3.x or later (currently Alpha/Canary)
    3) Install downloaded Riru-EdXposed module in Magisk Manager
    5) Reboot and open EdXposed Manager app to check if EdXposed works and is active
    6) Install GravityBox and enable it in EdXposed Manager
    7) Reboot and profit

Required whitelisted packages
    In case you use blacklist/whitelist functionality of EdXposed make sure all the following packages are whitelisted (not blacklisted respectively) for full GravityBox experience.
    - Android System (android)
    - System UI (com.android.systemui)
    - Call Management (com.android.server.telecom)
    - Download Manager (com.android.providers.downloads)
    - Phone (com.android.dialer or com.google.android.dialer)
    - Phone Services (com.android.phone)
    - Phone (com.android.incallui) (OxygenOS only)
    - Keyboard app (e.g. Gboard) in order to be able to use "Volume key cursor control" feature
    It is strongly recommended to use Whitelist functionality for better performance as EdXposed hooks only smaller amount of processes.
    In case of running multiple Xposed modules consult their whitelist requirements with the devs of module.

Feature highlight
    --- Lockscreen tweaks
    --- QuickSettings tile management with additional tiles
    --- Statusbar tweaks
    --- Navigation bar tweaks
    --- Pie controls
    --- Power tweaks
    --- Display tweaks
    --- Phone tweaks
    --- Media tweaks
    --- Hardware/navigation key actions
    --- GravityBox Actions - interface for 3rd party apps
    --- Notification control (per-app notification LED/sounds/vibrations)
    --- Fingerprint launcher
    --- Advanced tuning of Framework and System UI parameters
    ... and many more

Compatibility
    GB's main concept is to make most of the preference changes to be done on the fly without need to reboot a device to achieve custom-ROM like experience.
    This means it is not possible to "completely deactivate" particular feature if it causes trouble on your device or if you installed GB because you want to use only one particular feature you can't find elsewhere.
    This results in issues on ROMs/devices that have parts that are diverting from default Android implementation too much, or are running heavily modified custom ROMs.
    If you experience weird issues after installing GB, even if you didn't activate a particular feature, it is not because of GB is broken, it is because it is not compatible with your ROM.
    It is very similar to a situation when you installed ROM built from source for Nexus to some Xperia device - it won't work.

GB is a complex module and is not suitable for 1 purpose scenario. This means, if you are running custom ROM built from source, and you are missing a certain feature, your best option is to go ask creators of those ROMs to implement those additional features. Supplementing missing features on well-known custom ROMs built from source by installing xposed modules (especially complex ones) is definitely not a good way to go and can cause more trouble than good.
    GB being a complex module, it shouldn't be combined with other complex modules often racing for the same goal. They can conflict/fight on the same playground and there's no way you can deterministically say which one's going to win. They can even lose both.

So in summary:
    - this module is designed to run on vanilla or close-to-vanilla Android 11 (AOSP)
    - officially supports devices/systems it was developed and tested on
    - Samsung, HTC, MIUI, Xperia, Lenovo, etc. are NOT supported. It is not guaranteed this module will work on these at all so try at your own risk. This module is simply too complex to support all kind of ROM brands that were vastly modified by vendors.
    - DO NOT USE WITH CUSTOM ROMS MODULE WAS NOT EXPLICITLY DESIGNED FOR
    - I will not implement any exceptions that will adapt this module to a specific custom ROM. Please, do understand, it is unmanageable.
    - I will not provide any support for devices violating these compatibility rules

GravityBox [R] has been designed for and tested on
    - Pixel 3a running Google OS
    - OnePlus 7Pro running Oxygen OS 11

Reporting bugs
    If possible, please use Github issue reporting interface for reporting bugs.
    If you experience problems with certain feature, provide the full-detailed info that can help me
    to reproduce the bug and attach logs that can be exported from EdXposed Manager app.
    Real-time logging can be performed by using ADB: adb logcat -s EdXposed-Bridge

In case you experience SystemUI crashes or other apps Force Closing, or device soft reboots, attach logcat from time
    crash occurs. (use adb logcat *:E or your favorite logcat app from Play Store).
    Please, don't attach big logs. Only the portion where error is clearly seen.
    Disable all other xposed modules before reproducing bug to make sure it is really GravityBox related
    Remember, this app was developed and tested on one particular device so it is not guaranteed that it will work flawlessly on yours.

Multilanguage support
    Volunteers are welcome to translate GravityBox to other languages.
    Preferred way is to use GitHub interface to fork your own copy of GravityBox, make changes and then send pull request against original repository.
    Anoter way is to simply download this file: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/raw/r/GravityBox/src/main/res/values/strings.xml
    Use Notepad++ to edit strings and then send me edited file so I can include translations into next release.

Source code
    GravityBox is opensource. Sources are available in my gihub: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/tree/r
    If you're a dev and have some ideas for additional features, feel free to fork it, work on it and send the pull requests.

Copyright notice
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/r/NOTICE

Support development
    Coding, maintaining and supporting this project costs me a lot of my precious time. If you find this project useful, you are more than welcome to support its development via donation. This form of support is meant to compensate for my time dedicated to the community + eventually, help me to afford newer device to keep up with AOSP evolution thus providing continuous support as Android evolves. Thanks!

Info about premium features and PayPal transaction ID verification system
    1) Those who supported development via PayPal donation can use their PayPal transaction ID to unlock premium features.
    As of v2.9.5, there are three premium features:
    - Backup/restore of GB settings.
    - Ultimate notification control
    - Advanced Tuning

2) If you contributed to the project by providing translations, code fragments, or by any other way
    you can apply for a free transaction ID by contacting me via PM.

3) Be aware that there's a system that can identify potential transaction ID
    abuse. E.g. when one ID is being used by more users. Such IDs will get blocked automatically.
    In case you own more devices, you can use one transaction ID on up to 10 of them.

4) If you are using your own custom builds of GB for personal use, you will get hash mismatch
    upon verifying your ID as verification system accepts requests only from official releases of GB.
    If you want to be able to verify IDs with your custom build, contact me via PM so I can setup
    a special hash for your build.
    If you are using a custom build that you provide for broader group of users (e.g. in a custom ROM),
    it is necessary to ask for new hash everytime your new custom version is released for public use.
    These rules are based on mutual trust so please, do not violate them.

Credits
    - RikkaW for creating and maintainng Riru Magisk module
    - solohsu & MlgmXyysd for creating and maintaining EdExposed Magisk module
    - @frank93 for donating Pixel 3a for development
    - @bgcngm for his code contributions to the project
    - @MohammadAG for Xperia specific contributions to the project
    - @rovo89 for his ultimate Xposed framework and "Volume keys to skip track" mod
    - @peptonib for starting me up with this project
    - @simmac for app icon
    - @romracer for Motorola specific code contributions
    - @firefds for Samsung specific code contributions
    - CyanogenMod project
    - ParanoidAndroid project
    - Slim, RootBox, AOKP, OmniROM projects
    - Sergey Margaritov for ColorPickerPreference
    - ArthurHub for Image cropping library
    - All those who provided translations for different languages (Mr.Premise, peptonib, kidmar, ch-vox, romashko, Indiant, lelemm, oicirbaf, unavix, LuHash, WedyDQ10, mp3comanche, awaaas, liveasx, samsonbear, Eric850130, xtrem007, benjoe1, asmb111, Fatih Firinci, ...)
    - and finally, all those who keep the project alive by supporting me via donations (you know who you are)

Changelog
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/r/CHANGELOG.txt
    Changelog 11.0.5 - 08/08/2021
    - Lockscreen: added option to blur media artwork on lockscreen (thanks to robbins)
    - Navbar: allow cursor control keys in gestural navbar
    - Dialer: adjusted for compatibility with the latest Google Dialer
    - Properly identify OnePlus 8T as device running OxygenOS ROM (thanks to F-i-f)
    --- should improve compatibility significantly

Developed and tested on:
    - Pixel 3a running Google OS
    - OnePlus 7Pro running Oxygen OS 11

Current issues
    - Display: Expanded Desktop - immersive modes not working
    - Key actions: Home double-tap not working
    - Lockscreen: Changed custom carrier text won't appear immediately
    - Custom Battery indicator: stock battery may appear for a while after the reboot
    - ... + potentially others mainly device/system variation specific

Removed features
    - GPS and SlimKat tiles - location modes (battery saving/high accuracy/device) no longer exist in Android 11
    - Audio Recording tile - background recording of audio not possible in Android 11

Download

Settings
    It is possible to restore settings that were backed up in GravityBox [Q]
    Simply transfer "GravityBox" folder from internal storage of one device to internal storage of another device.

Required whitelisted packages
    In case you use blacklist/whitelist functionality of EdXposed make sure all the following packages are whitelisted (not blacklisted respectively) for full GravityBox experience.
    - Android System (android)
    - System UI (com.android.systemui)
    - Call Management (com.android.server.telecom)
    - Download Manager (com.android.providers.downloads)
    - Phone (com.android.dialer or com.google.android.dialer)
    - Phone Services (com.android.phone)
    - Phone (com.android.incallui) (OxygenOS only)
    - Keyboard app (e.g. Gboard) in order to be able to use "Volume key cursor control" feature
    It is strongly recommended to use Whitelist functionality for better performance as EdXposed hooks only smaller amount of processes.
    In case of running multiple Xposed modules consult their whitelist requirements with the devs of module.

Credits
    @frank93 for donating Pixel 3a for developemnt

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.4 to 11.0.5
    Version 11.0.3 available

Changelog 11.0.3 - 06/06/2021
    - Improved compatibility with OxygenOS (OP7Pro, OOS 11.0.1.1)
    --- Clock: fixed positioning in Status Bar Header
    --- Battery Style: fixed layout in Status Bar Header
    --- Lockscreen: fixed application bar (Shortcuts)
    --- Lockscreen: fixed Direct Unlock and Smart Unlock
    --- Dialer: adjusted for compatibility (call recording, etc)
    ------ Requires whitelisting com.oneplus.dialer
    - StatusBar: improved brightness control
    - Fixed "Force LTR" feature (thanks to Y-T-G)
    - Updated Turkish translations (thanks to Fatih Firinci)

Download

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
    Version 11.0.5 available

Changelog 11.0.5 - 08/08/2021
    - Lockscreen: added option to blur media artwork on lockscreen (thanks to robbins)
    - Navbar: allow cursor control keys in gestural navbar
    - Properly identify OnePlus 8T as device running OxygenOS ROM (thanks to F-i-f)
    --- should improve compatibility significantly

Download
    Also available in Xposed Repository and LSPosed Repository.

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.4 to 11.0.5
    Version 11.0.2 available

Changelog 11.0.2 - 07/03/2021
    - Clock: reverted to old hooking strategy for better compatibility
    --- fixes muting Dialpad tones during UNC Quiet Hours

Download
    Also available in official Xposed Repository and new LSPosed repository

Commit history
    Commit history for transition from 11.0.1 to 11.0.2