[APP] Rboard Theme Manager

Search This thread

rOck4n

Dec 17, 2010
www.geekologia.net
My keyboard sounds are gone, even after deleting the magisk module and app, any fix for this?

Edit: I already tried reinstalling Gboard. I'm on MIUI 12.5.14

Edit 2: After rebooting two times everything works now.

italodance

Nov 17, 2008
I don't understand why it needs root? it is a gboard skin app. we all can make custom skins with gboard why not an app? I'm not root and asking this.

RKBD

Jun 20, 2016
koszalin
Honor 7
OnePlus 3
I don't understand why it needs root? it is a gboard skin app. we all can make custom skins with gboard why not an app? I'm not root and asking this.
It needs root because both installation method needs root permission. Installation of module that adds system prop with location of themes which are also in system. also another installation method is by adding themes to data files that you can't access without root.

Reactions: rolarocka

mrweenus

Feb 5, 2016
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 8T
Curious if there is a way to modify or create my own themes? Was researching quite a bit online and not finding anything. I looked into the source files for each of the themes in /data/data/de.dertyp7214.rboardthememanager/cache hoping I could modify some of the downloaded themes in there. Any guidance would be thoroughly appreciated.

papafan

Mar 12, 2016
Salonica
I am on stock 11, I use Magisk and all of a sudden my Rboard themes disappeared from the themes list of main app and I can't use them. Whenever I try to change theme via Rboards themes it says that the new theme applied but nothing. And in the main app themes list there is no extra Rboard theme only the stock ones. Does anyone know why?

Reactions: lestatab

KrazyKlutt

Jul 30, 2014
Is there an easy way to return to the default sound , I've set some nice themes and thought it would be unnecessary som re-install for only reverting the sound

djbidan

Oct 13, 2017
How to enable this key in gesture mode?

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_173239.jpg
    IMG_20220211_173239.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

JazzieBoi

Oct 3, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Aw man. I've tried to get it to work but nothing works. It's more than likely because I'm on OxygenOS 11. I even have the Magisk module enabled as well as in the settings of the app.

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Xiaomi Mi A1
I installed it on Android 12 custom rom and it works. I'm actually interested only in the flags session. Is there a way to bring the text editing icon to the forefront? Like a shortcut on the keyboard?

Red_Baran

I can't seem to get theme's to change. I have tried numerous different ways. Force crash the app, apply theme, doesn't change. Tried module and directly. And others.. I have a tab s7
Any ideas, not much support on telegram

Also just figured out after I hit apply settings and for some reason it defaults back to Samsung (even if I switch it back to gbored the theme isn't changed

Last edited:

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
I can't seem to get theme's to change. I have tried numerous different ways. Force crash the app, apply theme, doesn't change. Tried module and directly. And others.. I have a tab s7
Any ideas, not much support on telegram

Also just figured out after I hit apply settings and for some reason it defaults back to Samsung (even if I switch it back to gbored the theme isn't changed
Similar situation with me, most of theme don't apply.

I'm on a Poco F4 GT with MIUI 13 ROM.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
@RKBD I have a Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold 2. For some reason when the phone is unfolded gboard does not give the split keyboard option at all. When you put the phone in landscape unfolded you can then split the keyboard. I need to have the option to split the keboard in portrait unfolded.

is the post in the forum we were told to do by another dev to get it working. I keep messing with this app and I can't figure out how to load these custom flags. Can someone help explain this a little better or let me know if you are aware of a better way to make this work. thanks

Last edited:

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
Curious if there is a way to modify or create my own themes? Was researching quite a bit online and not finding anything. I looked into the source files for each of the themes in /data/data/de.dertyp7214.rboardthememanager/cache hoping I could modify some of the downloaded themes in there. Any guidance would be thoroughly appreciated.
Did you find a way?

Anyone? What is the process for creating our own themes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *require root*
    RKUzZmt.png

Rboard Theme Manager

Manager app for Google Gboard keyboard app.
    Continuation of Magisk module "Rboard themes" with more customizations and themes.

Rboard Themes are not overlays but just additional themes for Gboard app.

Features
    Downloading themes
    Applying themes
    Deleting themes
    In-app app updater
    Light/Dark for system theme switch (android 10 and above)
    Gboard flags import/export/edit
    Gboard preferences import/export/edit
    3rd party theme repos support
    System Click sounds customization
    Theme/Sound preview
    Crash URL creator
    Widgets
    Search for Themes/Sounds
    Tags
    Module-less option (less features but will work on coloros)
    Open Source
    Monet and blur for android 12+
    Exporting and importing themes
    And more...

prvK236.png

Download (Github)
    For android 6.0 and up

For android 12 and up

How to use
    Make sure you are using ROOTED android 6.0+
    Download and install manager
    Grant root and choose option for module/gboard (gboard version is stored in data of gboard)
    Go to middle button with arrow down called download and pick theme packs you want to download then click fab button to install
    Enjoy

Known bugs
    MIUI users have to reboot each time they download themes or do the same what Color OS does
    Color OS, Realme OS needs to turn off "Use Magisk" in settings to get it working
    App won't work properly if you don't have connection to github
    Crashes on stock nubia rom (?)
    Sounds doesn't work on non AOSP roms

Links

Telegram channel 📢

Telegram group 👥

Source code (Github)
    DerBot7214 (Dev)
    Akos Paha (Dev)
    Awesome realease! Everything working so far (Zenfone 8, Android 11 - ZenUI 8.0).

Maybe changing the behaviour of selecting ALL themes when choosing a Keyboard Pack.

Also, isn't there a flag to colorize the NavBar?
    Can you add a provision for themes changing randomly and intervals. It will be great if you can , please
    changing theme require force close of gboard app. means that randomly your phone will lag and keyboard wont open from 5-10 seconds in random intervals. i bet nobody wants that.
    This is amazing, works perfectly for Gboard! Thanks for a great app!