[APP]reg/rgu-2-provxml translator v3!!!

Search This thread

ervius

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2006
Hi all, for who knows my rgu-2-xml, there is a new version solved little bug translating multilines hex values (in previous release only a part of a intere hex string was inserted into provxml!)

for who doesn't know my little apps, this app can translate rgu/reg files into provxml files, advantages???
you can insert into packages also provxml, so you can be shure that the instrunctions on it will be executed and not maybe overwritted by similiar registry keys when .hv files are created during buildosing rom! ;)
or if you want create instructions into provxml for my sdconfig.exe or sdautorun.exe :)
bye!!!

version 3, added some code to "eliminate" regkey and regvalue!!!!!
here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/nDAeeIdB/rgu-2-xml-v3.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickg.

ervius

Nov 15, 2006
Ervius, can you make the same tool but XML => RGU ? :D

yes, but in provxml, there are also other commands that work with files and folders,(fileoperation), and others also....
if you translate a provxml into a reg/rgu, you can lost a lot of informations, but, yes, shurelly, I can create a viceversa translator (xml-rgu)!
bye!

kingbear2

Feb 10, 2006
If you can figure out how to put a multi line item into an XML I would appreciate it. I haven't been able to yet. I even tried the output from your tool and it didn't work. I even put " instead of " but that didn't work either.

Basically, a certain reg key needs to be a multistring (multi line, multi_SZ) with the following data: (line breaks are intentional, it must be placed in the registry like that)
Code:
Call History.lnk
Messaging.lnk
Calculator.lnk

Any ideas?

mrnamster

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks for the tool!

It works great at making XMLs for UC, but I had to fix some things in my XML:

-Quotation marks needed to be changed to " for certain entries like Today items

-0xFFFFFFFE hex values showed up as 4294967295 dec value, but that dec value is unsigned and it will not load when the XML installs so I had to use "-2" as my dec value (which gave me my correct hex value of FFFFFFFE)

-Binary values had to be manually translated with RapiConfig

I was pretty stumped when my XML didn't install properly but after isolating these minor mistakes I was able to fix my problem. Hope this helps any other users!

Cheers

ervius

Nov 15, 2006
Thanks for the tool!

It works great at making XMLs for UC, but I had to fix some things in my XML:

-Quotation marks needed to be changed to " for certain entries like Today items

-0xFFFFFFFE hex values showed up as 4294967295 dec value, but that dec value is unsigned and it will not load when the XML installs so I had to use "-2" as my dec value (which gave me my correct hex value of FFFFFFFE)

-Binary values had to be manually translated with RapiConfig

I was pretty stumped when my XML didn't install properly but after isolating these minor mistakes I was able to fix my problem. Hope this helps any other users!

Cheers

well, I'll try to solve.... never tryed with negative values... ;)

stan23

Jun 29, 2006
Nürnberg
Signed/unsigned integer conversion seems to work:
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\this\is\a\"quotation"\test]
"item1"=dword:7fffffff
"item2"=dword:80000000
"item3"=dword:fffffffe
"item4"=dword:ffffffff
results in:
Code:
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<!-- *** COMMENTO *** -->
   <characteristic type="Registry">
      <characteristic type="HKLM\this\is\a\"quotation"\test" translation="filesystem">
         <parm name="item1" datatype="integer" value="2147483647"/>
         <parm name="item2" datatype="integer" value="-2147483648"/>
         <parm name="item3" datatype="integer" value="-2"/>
         <parm name="item4" datatype="integer" value="-1"/>
      </characteristic>
   </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>
but should be
Code:
<characteristic type="HKLM\this\is\a\"quotation"\test" translation="filesystem">
as mentioned here at the bottom by Sleuth255

thx for your work :)

huanggx

May 9, 2004
www.xda-china.com
Greate tool!

But there are unhandled situation:

1, for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\xxx\yyy]

it means to REMOVE the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\xxx\yyy

in provxml, it should be <nocharacteristic type="HKLM\xxx\yyy" translation="filesystem" />

2, for "name"=-

it means to DELETE the item "name"

in provxml, it should be <noparm name="name" />

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I have noticed this program does not take @="value" and convert it to "Default"="value"
My current fix is to use find and replace in reg file and change @ to "Default" before running rgu-2-xml.

Also ""\file path\file name"" is still getting turned into \\file path\file name\".
After I run rgu-2-xml I use find and replace in the xml file to change all \\ to "\ and all \" to "".

elMoco

Jan 30, 2009
Hi!

I am a newbie in all these subjects, and I am attempting to make my own provxml file for UC.

he case is that I've found this thread and now I have a tool to convert reg/rgu files to XML, but ... when I export my registry I get a rgk file, that the tool doesn't admit ...

How should I export the registry to get reg/rgu files?

thanks!

elMoco

Jan 30, 2009
Great!

I used CERegedit and I got it ...

now I need a tool that can mannage well the binary data ... I guess it must be codified with base64 ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, for who knows my rgu-2-xml, there is a new version solved little bug translating multilines hex values (in previous release only a part of a intere hex string was inserted into provxml!)

for who doesn't know my little apps, this app can translate rgu/reg files into provxml files, advantages???
    you can insert into packages also provxml, so you can be shure that the instrunctions on it will be executed and not maybe overwritted by similiar registry keys when .hv files are created during buildosing rom! ;)
    or if you want create instructions into provxml for my sdconfig.exe or sdautorun.exe :)
    bye!!!

version 3, added some code to "eliminate" regkey and regvalue!!!!!
    here:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/nDAeeIdB/rgu-2-xml-v3.html
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone