[APP][REMIX OS 2.0][Q/A ALSO] iNSTALL GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES ON REMIX OS 2.0 ALPHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

awechris

May 7, 2006
Hello all,

I hate to ask for help but I need to ask in this situation.

Could someone with Play Store working see if Star Wars Commander is available from the Play Store?

Some apps are incompatible with certain devices & I need to know if Star Wars Commander works with Remix OS 2.0

Reasoning: Im going to buy an all in one PC with touchscreen to run Remix. However, I don't have anything to try it on before I buy the PC, & want to ensure Star Wars Commander works before I spend my $.

Thank you in advance someone!
use Aptoide to download whatever is missing from play store due to device identity ;)

you can also download it on any other 'compatible' rooted device using play store and share the apk (installation file) with any of the many apk sharers

Last edited:
Reactions: shone1970

FruitBowlMafia

Aug 26, 2011
use Aptoide to download whatever is missing from play store due to device identity ;)

you can also download it on any other 'compatible' rooted device using play store and share the apk (installation file) with any of the many apk sharers
Thanks for responding but you did nothing to answer my question. Theres Always a way to install an apk to a device, rooted or not.

I need to know if SWC works natively with Remix OS.

cathlynn

Jan 14, 2016
Try resetting remix os and then try again.
So I finally got it working. Took a long time until I realised that I have a VPN turn on (I'm in Australia and don't subscribe to the Gov knowing everything that I do) and changed my Time Zone to Pacific Time BEFORE installing Google Play Services. Then I Clear Data as per instructions and reboot. The first time I reboot and logged into Play Store, everything froze after I enter in my password. I force restart and went back in again and this time, it gave me the error that I was getting initially. I persevered and clear data and reboot again. When I went back in, I went back to my Time Zone and set everything back to Automatic. This time when I went into Play Store, I can download, install, and update fine.

Not sure if this will help anyone else, I set up mine to dual boot Windows and Remix OS. The first couple of times I format the partition as ext3. This last time (when I got it working) I format as ext4.

Reactions: TheRoyalSeeker

TheRoyalSeeker

Apr 17, 2015
So I finally got it working. Took a long time until I realised that I have a VPN turn on (I'm in Australia and don't subscribe to the Gov knowing everything that I do) and changed my Time Zone to Pacific Time BEFORE installing Google Play Services. Then I Clear Data as per instructions and reboot. The first time I reboot and logged into Play Store, everything froze after I enter in my password. I force restart and went back in again and this time, it gave me the error that I was getting initially. I persevered and clear data and reboot again. When I went back in, I went back to my Time Zone and set everything back to Automatic. This time when I went into Play Store, I can download, install, and update fine.

Not sure if this will help anyone else, I set up mine to dual boot Windows and Remix OS. The first couple of times I format the partition as ext3. This last time (when I got it working) I format as ext4.
which time zone did you choose for it to work?

saphirrot

Aug 28, 2010
Tried to install the latest Remix OS on a virtual machine... With VM and Virtual Box... Doesnt work , both of them.... Hope they fix it as fast as possible :D

mauriciognr

Mar 19, 2013
Tocuyito
tecnoriales.blogspot.com
It worked just fine for me. Thanks dude. Now sor of... off topic. Can I use the same installer in an Android Tablet that comes without Gapps? Theres a way rooting it and then installing manually several google core apps so i know Gapps can run on it. Anyway is a Canaima TR10CS1 with Android 4.4.2

maverickmarc

Jan 10, 2012
Ottawa
Too unstable

Crashes way too much, I get it it's in alpha stage at the moment but crashing every 5 minutes and forcing me to restart every time I install something.... No fun for me, but I can't wait until they release a stable build

maverickmarc

Jan 10, 2012
Ottawa
Are you using USB 3.0?
Of course, I tried it with both a 16gb, and a 32gb 3.0 thumbdrive, even tried installing it on my 1 TB usb 3.0 HD, by using UUI to create the bootable usb drive (which seems to work btw). All the same result, too buggy for me......Also had a problem at the beginning, it wasn't booting at all (seemed to be stuck at "Android_"), I couldn't figure out why, until I pulled the plug on one of my monitors and it worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.