• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] RockClock - FREE Alarm Clock

Search This thread

welki1979

Feb 6, 2008
Reading
v1.5.0.3 RELEASED ! - [email protected]:15 - DISCONTINUED

RockClock is a simple FREE Alarm Clock for Windows Phone/Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 Professional devices with .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (and above).

Being my first ever .NET application, RockClock started life as a simple wakeup timer…which would simply turn on my Blackstone and run another program for me at 30 minute intervals. Then a friend found a freeware font whilst browsing the web and suggested I adapted my program to be a simple alarm clock and 'RockClock' was born.

Main Features:
- 4 Alarms, which will wake the device from a standby state
- Alarm Sound selection
- Adjustable Snooze timer
- Toggle UI elements
- Countdown Timer
- Stopwatch with laptimer
- Vibration option
- Clock colour selection
- Finger friendly UI

Please leave comments or bug reports as some feedback on my first ever program would be great.

POSTS SINCE UPDATE START HERE - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5875656#post5875656

Things left to do:
- Sort the alarms on the Clock screen into time order
- Flight-Mode On/Off Option (...having issues with this!)
- Quicker settings interface
- Integration with the System alarm clock so Manila and other applications recognise when the next alarm is due (…maybe)

Tested on WVGA (Blackstone) and VGA and QVGA device emulators.

If you like RockClock please feel free to donate… and inspire me to create more apps...or simply upgrade my handset!

In the event XDA Dev's becomes unavailable a mirror of this program is available on my site, which can be accessed by scanning my avatar or clicking HERE.

The ZIP File contains both a Windows Mobile Installer file or you can optionally install the CABS from the CABS folder in the ZIP.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,438
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 961
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,966
  • Screen05.jpg
    Screen05.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 928
  • RockClock_1503.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,252
Last edited:

Mesquire

May 1, 2007
HKG
www.mesquire.com
Installed but could not run. Didn't even get an icon in Start Menu.

sshot002.png

Tried running the EXE directly from the installed folder and I got these errors.

sshot003.png
sshot004.png

Tried it on:
1. Dopod D810, wm6.0 stock WWE ROM
2. HTC Touch Pro2, wm6.1 stock WWE ROM
both with .Net Compact Framework 2 & 3.5 installed

Last edited:

welki1979

Feb 6, 2008
Reading
Hmmm...thanks for trying it out...it seems that the program I have to package this up is a bit naff so here's the CAB for the .NET SQL component.

Hopefully that'll get it working until I sort out the packager.

Attachments

• sqlce.wce5.armv4i.CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 410

rbardos

Oct 28, 2007
Got it working on my TP2 after installing the second cab. But I don't see how this is much different than the manilla alarm clock.

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
Got it working on my TP2 after installing the second cab. But I don't see how this is much different than the manilla alarm clock.
But what if you don't use Manila? And what if a person wants to develop something that started as a fun project?

Will give this app a go on my TouchPro2 running WM6.1 without Manila! ;)

welki1979

Feb 6, 2008
Reading

For me it's nicer to look at at night when I'm charging my phone and don't have a clock in the room than looking at the manila screen which is REALLY bright when on charge.

rbardos

Oct 28, 2007
But what if you don't use Manila? And what if a person wants to develop something that started as a fun project?

Yes good point. Would like to see touch scrolling on the setting page and maybe a snooze button when the alarm goes off.
I agree that this will look better at night with the darker color scheme.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
After installing the RockClock cab i get a message

Code:
proc        ok

invalid handle

The shortcut to launch the app has no icon, and launching the clock gives
Code:
The file rockclock cannot be opened. Either it is not signed etc etc

I installed the clock on the storage card and first the second cab too, then i tried to install the second cab in device memory, but it is the same.

Edit: After installing both cabs into device memory the same error "invalid handle" comes up, the shortcut has still no icon, but the clock launches now.
While setting the clock up i saw there is no option to select the alarm sound to be used. Did i oversee it or is it not there? I set one alarm and pushed the power button to put the phone in sleep, without exiting the appl. At the time set the device did wake up and a bip bip sounded (i would prefere to be able to choose some other alarm or an mp3). To be able to access the settings again i need to exit the appl. and start it again, but this gives me the error:

Alarm schedule failed!
Please exit the application
and try again.

Acknowledging this error message starts the appl, and i can access the settings again.

Now if i set up an alarm and then exit the appl., it starts up at the set time, but then the above mentioned error pops up, and by the time i tap ok the application opens but no alarm sounds.

This are my findings up to now.

Last edited:

welki1979

Feb 6, 2008
Reading
After installing the RockClock cab i get a message

Code:
proc        ok

invalid handle

The shortcut to launch the app has no icon, and launching the clock gives
Code:
The file rockclock cannot be opened. Either it is not signed etc etc

I installed the clock on the storage card and first the second cab too, then i tried to install the second cab in device memory, but it is the same.

Edit: After installing both cabs into device memory the same error "invalid handle" comes up, the shortcut has still no icon, but the clock launches now.
While setting the clock up i saw there is no option to select the alarm sound to be used. Did i oversee it or is it not there? I set one alarm and pushed the power button to put the phone in sleep. At the time set the device did wake up and a bip bip sounded (i would prefere to be able to choose some other alarm or an mp3). To be able to access the settings again i need to exit the appl. and start it again, but this gives me the error:

Alarm schedule failed!
Please exit the application
and try again.

Acknowledging this error message starts the appl, and i can access the settings again.

Now if i set up an alarm and then exit the appl., it starts up at the set time, but then the above mentioned error pops up, and by the time i tap ok the application opens but no alarm sounds.

This are my findings up to now.

The sound settings have not yet been put in place as detailed in the first post. Not sure why the schedule is a problem, will look into that because it uses the standard CeRunappattime API call but I might know what the problem is.

I believe the rest of the issues are caused by the program that does the packaging for the cab installer..I'll have to find a new one.

I tested the program today on an P3300 and the shortcut icon did not appear but everything installed okay, the icon and program install fine on my blackstone though so I will try to find a new packaging app.

I'll put some changes in place and upload a new version when I can but as said earlier, I'm completly new to all this so it may take a while to perfect the code.

Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
The sound settings have not yet been put in place as detailed in the first post. Not sure why the schedule is a problem, will look into that because it uses the standard CeRunappattime API call but I might know what the problem is.

I believe the rest of the issues are caused by the program that does the packaging for the cab installer..I'll have to find a new one.

I tested the program today on an P3300 and the shortcut icon did not appear but everything installed okay, the icon and program install fine on my blackstone though so I will try to find a new packaging app.

I'll put some changes in place and upload a new version when I can but as said earlier, I'm completly new to all this so it may take a while to perfect the code.

Ok...thanks for your replay, will test the new release as soon as available.

welki1979

Feb 6, 2008
Reading
I think I've fixed it! I've also tweaked a few bits and added the ability to choose your alarm sound for now.

I'll make the alarms have independent sounds in future builds.

Testing it atm but will post it soon if it works as expected. :)

hendrixus

Jan 25, 2006
Amsterdam
Last edited:

welki1979

Feb 6, 2008
Reading
I've still not fixed it yet...am re-writing the alarms procedure atm but am new to this so please be patient.

I'lll update the first post when it's done.

Rodolphe123

Feb 9, 2009
I'm interested in your application. But I got the same message on my HTC Touch HD. I don't find the app. in the suppression programs list : how can we uninstall it (until problems will be fixed)? Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I for one would like to see you finish development of the new version you were working on. Please reconsider as I am going to try your last version out. Thanks!