• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(App) (ROG2) Google Camera Mod

Search This thread

sajavid

Nov 16, 2011
I am using Wichaya's v2.9.1 and my camera crashes everytime I take a selfie. I tried clean install as well but still it crashes. Any idea how to fix it?

KnowThyPro

Jul 4, 2018
Update from Wichaya: GCam 7.3 v3.1.1

- GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1.apk (2020-12-15, configs)

Configs from previous versions should work fine on this update.

Downloaded Latest Gcam w/ config from your link and i get a force closed after applying it. I have Google photos installed.

I installed Camera2Api and everything seems compatible since it returned everything with green check.

i remembered that there is this persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 need to enable? but i forgot how , maybe should i add this line on build.prop?

Last edited:

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Downloaded Latest Gcam w/ config from your link and i get a force closed after applying it. I have Google photos installed.

I installed Camera2Api and everything seems compatible since it returned everything with green check.

i remembered that there is this persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 need to enable? but i forgot how , maybe should i add this line on build.prop?

This this config instead: Wichaya-ROG2-V11.xml

Start fresh (clean app data) and then load it. It seems to work fine for ROG2 users.

There's no need to enable the camera2 api on this device as it's already enabled by default.

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Thank you for your help but is not an error is just I can't get the dialog for upload the xml file I tried every corner and it doesn't work! I don't know what else to do to bring the dialog to upload the xml file.
If you follow the guide, it should work.

Other than what's on that page, the only thing I can think of is the file access permissions in Android 11. Go to the app details in Android, Permissions > Files and media > Allow management of all files. This will allow GCam to access the config folder, see which configs are there and allow you to load them.

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Update from Wichaya (GCam 8.1.101 v1.4):
- Added some missing language
- Added some more HDR tuning in rampatcher
- Added S21U and V60 AWB
- Added camera.catshark_enabled_permanent for permanent auto night sight button always show
- Fixed rampatcher not apply when noise model is off
- Some codes changed

----

Can't find config for ARP 2,, can you post the config?

It should work with the default settings (I think).

You can also try the config file from the Zenfone 6 as both phones share some hardware, but I don't know how well it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
    Asus ROG Phone II

I noticed that no one had created a GCam thread for this phone and since we (ZenFone 6 users) have some ROG 2 users on our telegram group I decided to create one as versions seem to work on both phones.

Features:
    Features and bugs depend on the GCam and Android version used, but overall:

- HDR+ Enhanced, Night Mode, Portrait Mode, Timelapse, Motion Photos, Lens Blur, Panorama, Photo Sphere, Photobooth, Motion tracking.
    - Video (up to [email protected]), Timelapse, Slow motion (lower quality).
    - Playground/Stickers (follow this guide).

How to use:
    1. Download and open/install the apk file (how to).
    2. Unless settings/configs are provided with the with the apk file, the app is ready for use.

- FAQ's/Troubleshooting.

Downloads:
    - ⭐️ = Recommended version.
    - To avoid issues when viewing media from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (can be used without uploads/Google Account).

GCam 8 (Android 10+):
    - 2021-08-03 ⭐️ : GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.4 (Wichaya, GCam 8.1) with these configs.

GCam 7.3 (Android 9+):
    - 2020-12-15 ⭐️ : GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1.apk (Wichaya, GCam 7.3) with these configs.

GCam 7.2 (Android 9+):
    - 2020-03-06: GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.2_Wichaya_ASUS_V1.6.apk (Wichaya, GCam 7.2) with these configs.
    - 2020-02-18: GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.3.apk (Urnyx05, GCam 7.2) with these configs.

GCam 6.x (Older version):
    - Android 10+: UNI_CAM_v1.2s.apk (dpstar7582, 2020-04-16, GCam 6.2) with this config file: viper98_savitar.xml (how to load configs)
    - Android 9 only: UNI_CAM_v1.2a_P.apk (dpstar7582, GCam 6.2) with this config file: viper98_savitar.xml (how to load configs)

Useful links:
    - ARCore, Playground and Stickers
    - XDA's GCam Hub
    - XDA section for GCam threads
    - ZenFone 6 thread (versions that should work on this phone too)
    - Thread were Arnova8G2 shares stable versions

Credits:
    Arnova8G2, BSG, Savitar, etc. They're the ones modding the app.
    Asus released a new update for the Zenfone 6 (6z) today that fixes all Google Camera issues on Android 10.

I think this is good news for ROG 2 owners too as the hardware/software is similar.
    There's an update to the "zf6a.xml" config: zf6_ax.xml

The creator, AX, suggests the "kuro stock" lib for both main and aux cameras. We both have the Zenfone 6, but if this ZF6 config works on the ROG 2, I assume the lib suggestion is also a good one for this phone.

BTW, this config is for dpstar7582's GCam (aka "UNI_CAM"), which is based on GCam 6.2 from Arnova. There are two apks available:

- UNI_CAM_v1.2_Android_P.apk (Android 9)
    - UNI_CAM_v1.2_Android_Q.apk (Android 10)

If you don't know import configs, check this guide.
    The Zenfone 6 (6z) received the Android 10 update ~3 weeks ago... and it has been bad so far. Old and recent GCam versions don't work, the stock camera app had a drop in quality, and there are other problems affecting some users (UI lag, battery drain, etc).

Maybe it will be better for the ROG2, but you may want to wait a bit to upgrade until things settle. I'm back on Android 9.
    Tweaked Unicam 1.2 furthermore, made some nice progress. Less noise, still sharp and well defined, accurate colors; need some test in various condition now.
    Config attached.