[App] ROM Flashing Junkies: User Customization is here!

Search This thread

Gremo

Oct 6, 2009
Udine
quick question: software that require a reboot (eg. windows live) should be put inside HIDE?

Last edited:

wbrown5

Nov 30, 2007
Austin, TX
Could someone check these two files to make sure they are formatted correctly? The "blank.txt" should be named "blank.xml" but I had to rename to upload. Also, where should I place the "blank.xml" file on the SD card?

Attachments

• blank.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 28
  • SDConfig.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 35

rgb-rgb

Feb 18, 2007
Texas
Could someone check these two files to make sure they are formatted correctly? The "blank.txt" should be named "blank.xml" but I had to rename to upload. Also, where should I place the "blank.xml" file on the SD card?

I might be wrong, but I think you are going to need a couple of lines in the blank.xml file Highlighted in blue.

Code:
<characteristic type="Wi-Fi">
	<characteristic type="access-point">
    		<characteristic type="accesspoint">
      			<parm name="DestId" value="{6343d267-19cd-4f5c-8dda-c9a248dc06f4}"/>
      			<parm name="Encryption" value="0"/>
      			<parm name="Authentication" value="4"/>
      			<parm name="Hidden" value="0"/>
      			<parm name="KeyProvided" value="0"/>
      			<parm name="NetworkKey" value="0000000000"/>
      			<parm name="KeyIndex" value="1"/>
      			<parm name="Use8021x" value="0"/>
    		</characteristic>
  	</characteristic>
[COLOR="Blue"]</Characteristic>[/COLOR]

<!-- Power/Backlight Timeout Preferences -->
[COLOR="blue"]<characteristic type="Registry">[/COLOR]
	<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight">
		<parm name="BatteryTimeout" value="240" datatype="integer"/> 
		<parm name="ACTimeout" value="360" datatype="integer"/> 
	</characteristic>
	<characteristic type="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts">
		<parm name="ACSuspendTimeout" value="300" datatype="integer"/> 
     		<parm name="BattSuspendTimeout" value="180" datatype="integer"/> 
	</characteristic>
</characteristic>

Doesn't matter where you place the blank.xml file on the SD card, but when you add it to the config.txt file you just need to have the correct path to find it.

wbrown5

Nov 30, 2007
Austin, TX
Thanks for the reply. I will check out your suggestions shortly. On the part where you stated to make sure the path is correct in the "config.txt" file, are you referring to my "sdconfig.txt" file?

b4u2

Jan 21, 2009
Cedar Rapids
My XML I wrote does not work for some reason...

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="FileOperation">

<!--Create “7zip” shortcut from exe on storage card and copy it into Tools folder-->

<characteristic type="%CE2%\Start Menu\Programs\Tools" translation="install">
<characteristic type="MakeDir" />
<characteristic type="7zFM.lnk" translation="install">
<characteristic type="Shortcut">
<parm name="Source" value="\Storage Card\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe" translation="install"/>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>

</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

ectoric

Mar 16, 2007
i am new to this UC..

would like to ask,
the cab installation is auto installed to storage card or program memory?

is both is able to , then how to create to make
Cab A to program memory
Cab B to Storage card memory

Thanks

Nov 12, 2009
S. plainfiled
when i created folders in XDA_UC (like XDA_UC/Start Menu/GPS) and add a .ink is created a shortcut there in my GPS folder but also one on my main menu. Is there a way to make XDA_UC only put a shortcut where I want it and not in 2 locations

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
@xda-developers1974
This is normal behavior actually. Because the GPS link was probably already in the Start Menu when you boot the device. The second icon is actually the icon YOU created.

To solve this you could use an XML file to delete the shortcut from you Start Menu.
There are XML examples on the first page of this topic.

manski83

Dec 19, 2009
Installing cab not working (nor does anything else)

I'm new to UC and gave it a try today but after two hours of working I couldn't get it working. Problem might be that I'm using a German ROM where "Storage Card" is called "Speicherkarte", but I'm not sure whether this is the actual problem.

Basically I have the following structure on my storage card:

Code:
SDConfig.txt
xda_uc\exchange-security-policy\StayUnlock.cab

The file "SDConfig.txt" contains the following content (only one line to keep it simple for starters):

Code:
CAB: \Speicherkarte\xda_uc\exchange-security-policy\StayUnlock.cab

However, running UC (my ROM (would like to post the link but I'm not allowed to :mad:) has a start menu shortcut for this) doesn't install the cab. (UC seems to run however, as I briefly get the message "Importing CER files" on my screen.) I've also tried to replace the word "Speicherkarte" in "SDConfig.txt" with "Storage Card" but with the same result.

Any hints on this?

And:
  • Will UC create some sort of log that can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  • Is there any way to figure out which version of UC I'm using (if there are actually versions of this software out there)?

Thanks

wergor

May 17, 2008
Graz
i can't get my SDconfig.txt file to work. :( i tried to place it in /Storage Card/ and also tried /Storage Card/XDA_UC/ but it won't work, not a single cab file is installed and no files are copied. i'm using the latest energy rom. solution anyone?

Attachments

• SDConfig.txt
    864 bytes · Views: 37

Nehomar_C

Aug 31, 2010
Barquisimeto
Greetings from Venezuela, I am a novice cook HTCSPAIN not know if the topic is still active, but I wonder if someone can help me install a CAB that during the normal installation asks me to accept the license agreement and select a default theme to use, I want to install from the autorum but since this I blocked the interaction during the install that file I find it impossible to install in this way, but I can not install as a package from EXT, OEM.
Sorry for my English grammar but it is not my native language

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
Greetings from Venezuela, I am a novice cook HTCSPAIN not know if the topic is still active, but I wonder if someone can help me install a CAB that during the normal installation asks me to accept the license agreement and select a default theme to use, I want to install from the autorum but since this I blocked the interaction during the install that file I find it impossible to install in this way, but I can not install as a package from EXT, OEM.
Sorry for my English grammar but it is not my native language
you can allow interaction with installation by the following tags before and after the cab you want to interact with

as an example

Code:
HIDE:ENABLED
CAB: \Storage Card\Interact_With_This_Cab.cab
HIDE:DISABLED

spam.anonym

Dec 21, 2009
hi!
i have a problem. i created a .xml file to order the start menu. but it dont works :(

can someone pls check the file?

maybe i have understand something wrong.

sry for my bad english.

k.r.

Attachments

• startmenu.xml.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 31
  • startmenu_block.xml.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 14

Top Liked Posts