• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][ROOT][11+][29/Oct] Classic Power Menu - Power Menu Replacement w/ Wallet, Controls on Android 11, 12+

Search This thread

Perseo99

Jul 25, 2019
Ceuta
Hi!

I'm in the beta 5 A12.

I tried to enable the power menu, but, for some reason, when I activate the Xposed module, It doesn't work. With the accessibility option it works, with the inconveniences of the stock power menu appearing and hiding with the button press.

There is any reason for that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-230213.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-230213.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211002-230425.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-230425.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 21

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Hi!

I'm in the beta 5 A12.

I tried to enable the power menu, but, for some reason, when I activate the Xposed module, It doesn't work. With the accessibility option it works, with the inconveniences of the stock power menu appearing and hiding with the button press.

There is any reason for that?
Please send the Xposed log, there's probably something that doesn't work on 12 (I was unable to test the Xposed module on 12 as I don't have a device I can root running it)

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
sent a donation your way. except for one random crash it's been stable and it finally lets me have the loyalty cards on the power menu screen. keep up the good work

W33d Smoker

Jan 24, 2017
DonYhMA.png

Classic Power Menu is a Power Menu Replacement for Android 11+, with the main aim being restoring power menu options (Device Controls & Quick Access Wallet) on Android 12.

Classic Power Menu Requires root access to function, it is not possible without root

Please read the FAQ before downloading or replying with an issue

Features​

• Up to 7 power options in the Power Menu, including the non-stock options of Screenshot, Reboot Recovery and Reboot Bootloader
    • Fully customisable, including rearranging and hiding buttons you don't use
  • Quick Access Wallet in the Power Menu, accessible while locked or unlocked
    • Optional blurring of card numbers while locked
    • Optional showing of loyalty cards, restoring a previous feature from Android 10 which was removed. Loyalty cards' codes can be shown while locked and without needing to open Google Pay, if you wish.
  • Device Controls in the Power Menu, accessible while locked or unlocked
    • Optional ability to interact with controls while locked, without requiring authentication
  • Material You inspired theme, using Monet colours and background blur on the Power Menu
  • Xposed is not required, interception of the power button is done via Accessibility Service, with only normal root required
    • An optional Xposed module is included, which can react quicker than the Accessibility Service

Screenshots​

Download​

Download the latest release from the GitHub Releases page

Changelog​

Content Creators​

If you are making a video or article about Classic Power Menu, you will want to hide your card numbers. Enable the developer options in Classic Power Menu by triple tapping the "About" option, and enable Content Creator Mode. This will always blur your card numbers and will show a fake QR code for loyalty cards, keeping your data safe.
It says there was a problem getting your cards and the blur background is also not working

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-073040132.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-073040132.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Jiggs82

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
sent a donation your way. except for one random crash it's been stable and it finally lets me have the loyalty cards on the power menu screen. keep up the good work
Thanks, very much appreciated :)
It says there was a problem getting your cards and the blur background is also not working
For the blur, please read the FAQ. For the cards, check you have Google Pay set up correctly.
Hi @Quinny899 would there be a way with using the app with xposed that you could get it to replace the and interrupt the stock Samsung power menu
It would maybe be, but OEM skins are a minefield I'd rather not go into as there's so many variations. If the Xposed module doesn't work on your skin, the Accessibility Service should do still.

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
DonYhMA.png

Classic Power Menu is a Power Menu Replacement for Android 11+, with the main aim being restoring power menu options (Device Controls & Quick Access Wallet) on Android 12.

Classic Power Menu Requires root access to function, it is not possible without root

Features​

• Up to 7 power options in the Power Menu, including the non-stock options of Screenshot, Reboot Recovery and Reboot Bootloader
    • Optional showing of loyalty cards, restoring a previous feature from Android 10 which was removed. Loyalty cards' codes can be shown while locked and without needing to open Google Pay, if you wish.
    • Optional ability to interact with controls while locked, without requiring authentication
  • Material You inspired theme, using Monet colours and background blur on the Power Menu
  • Xposed is not required, interception of the power button is done via Accessibility Service, with only normal root required
    • An optional Xposed module is included, which can react quicker than the Accessibility Service

Screenshots​

Download​

Changelog​

Content Creators​

If you are making a video or article about Classic Power Menu, you will want to hide your card numbers. Enable the developer options in Classic Power Menu by triple tapping the "About" option, and enable Content Creator Mode. This will always blur your card numbers and will show a fake QR code for loyalty cards, keeping your data safe.
Hey man, I really appreciate the hard work! I just have one question... do you think Flashlight and Airplane Mode tiles could be added? Ever since they removed it from the power menu I've missed it. Thanks again! :D

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
it's MIUI's customisation and i try to fix it
Repo
You're welcome to PR that and I'll get it in the next release - but, please don't just use the manufacturer check, as that would give false positives on Xiaomi devices with custom ROMs. Best bet is to look for the system prop "ro.miui.ui.version.code" or "ro.miui.ui.version.name", which is only set in MIUI or if the user has intentionally modified it to be set (in which case it's their own fault). Extensions+SystemProperties already contains the necessary calls to check system properties.

keta1

Oct 14, 2021
兰德索尔
You're welcome to PR that and I'll get it in the next release - but, please don't just use the manufacturer check, as that would give false positives on Xiaomi devices with custom ROMs. Best bet is to look for the system prop "ro.miui.ui.version.code" or "ro.miui.ui.version.name", which is only set in MIUI or if the user has intentionally modified it to be set (in which case it's their own fault). Extensions+SystemProperties already contains the necessary calls to check system properties.
Recently, I am contacting my friends to test it. When everything is ready, I will pr

Last edited:
Reactions: Quinny899

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
New version 1.2:

• Fixed reported crashes
  • Added support for Android 12 with the Xposed module
  • Merged in support for MIUI with the Xposed module (Thanks Ketal!)
  • Improved reboot action support
  • Better support for notches and punch holes
  • Allow full screen rotation on power menu
Download on GitHub releases

Roddydesu

May 6, 2018
Thanks for your work. I am on Pixel 4XL rooted stock A12. All functions work well, and the quick-access loyalty cards that wasn’t even present on A11 is greatly appreciated. Only blur doesn’t work even after putting in the shell commands, and the background is not a solid colour either. I also tried using MagiskHide Props Config but to no avail. Getprop doesn’t seem to show the prop either. Any ideas? Thanks

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Thanks for your work. I am on Pixel 4XL rooted stock A12. All functions work well, and the quick-access loyalty cards that wasn’t even present on A11 is greatly appreciated. Only blur doesn’t work even after putting in the shell commands, and the background is not a solid colour either. I also tried using MagiskHide Props Config but to no avail. Getprop doesn’t seem to show the prop either. Any ideas? Thanks
Blur not working is a known issue: https://github.com/KieronQuinn/ClassicPowerMenu/issues/13

I'll fix it when I get my P6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 1.3 now available on GitHub:

• Fixed background blur on Android 12
    • Added toggles for auto rotation & full sensor rotation (including upside down). Rotation is enabled by default, full sensor is not.
    @Quinny899
    Thank you for the great app.
    I know this is in the FAQ but I'll ask anyway as I think it'll be very useful addition...
    Could you add "Soft Restart" button? On Android 12 I run this command:
    Code:
    setprop ctl.restart zygote
    which restarts Android.
    Yes it is. Restarts Android OS only instantly without reloading kernel and reinitializing hardware.
    works as it should. great app. just wanted to know if we can make the background dark black like in a11 or can this be added in the future ?
    DonYhMA.png

Features​

Screenshots​

Download​

Changelog​

• Added toggles for auto rotation & full sensor rotation (including upside down). Rotation is enabled by default, full sensor is not.

Content Creators​

New version 1.2:

• Fixed reported crashes
    • Added support for Android 12 with the Xposed module
    • Merged in support for MIUI with the Xposed module (Thanks Ketal!)
    • Improved reboot action support
    • Better support for notches and punch holes
    • Allow full screen rotation on power menu
    Download on GitHub releases
    Version 1.3 now available on GitHub:

I'm not seeing any specific app crash popups. But if you think a logcat taken after pressing the power button will help, I'll be happy to send one along.

I just see the usual MIUI power menu appear when long pressing the power button (after granting root and enabling the accessibility service)

Give that a try. It works great for catching logs for app crashes
    How is that normal? Isn't the gesture bar supposed to be hidden in the Always On Display? On what device does it show up there?
    The Power Menu is meant to be an overlay, it cannot be with a custom app. Therefore the system thinks there's an app open, and keeps the bar there.