[APP][ROOT][12+][11/05] Pixel Launcher Mods - Icon Packs & more for STOCK Pixel Launcher

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Heads up, on Android 13 Beta 1, the overlay may cause a crash loop of the Pixel Launcher if you replace Smartspace with a widget. To fix this (by disabling the feature), use the following ADB command:

Code:
adb shell
su
cmd overlay disable com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher.plmoverlay

I'll fix the bug when I get the time, they've just changed how Smartspace works again.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Version 2.2 now available
- Fixed Widget Replacement crash on Android 13 B1. The method of replacement has now changed slightly and will hopefully be more stable for future updates.
- Fixed icons not applying after grid size changes (you should reboot after changing grid size to allow the icon resize to bed in before opening PLM)
- Fixed themed icons not having a background when applied to the app drawer
- The overlay will now be reset to the stub when resetting, allowing a clean Magisk module uninstall
- Fixed crashes
- Updated Romanian translation, thanks ygorigor
Download from the GitHub Releases as usual

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Unable install magisk overlay with last build (2.2.1) !!!
Yeah I know, there's a GitHub issue for it and I know exactly what's causing it - I tested it for 2.2, but not 2.2.1 so of course the one time I didn't check it, it's broken.

If you need it urgently, the module from either 2.2 or 2.0.1/2.1 will work.

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
New version, 2.2.2

Download from the GitHub Releases as usual
I read the FAQ on the git, but I'm also an idiot, so please pardon. How exactly do you install this app? Just downloaded the .apk in my phone's browser and followed the installation prompts. However the app doesn't launch. It starts to then immediately closes and "not responding" dialog. Did I do something wrong? What is the Magisk module and do I need to separately install something else?

I previously used the Zwart black icons pack on previous version of Lineage, and didn't need a separate mod to apply them. After nightly update I'm on A12 now... so to make sure I have things clear and am using the right tools, I can use this Pixel Launcher Mods to change the icons? So this is not in itself a seperate launcher? It just overwrites the hardcoded references to icons as explained in the github?

Running rooted Pixel 3 on latest nightly and magisk v23.

Thank you for any support and apologies for so many questions. I've had way too many bootloops from doing things first and asking questions second!!

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I read the FAQ on the git, but I'm also an idiot, so please pardon. How exactly do you install this app? Just downloaded the .apk in my phone's browser and followed the installation prompts. However the app doesn't launch. It starts to then immediately closes and "not responding" dialog. Did I do something wrong? What is the Magisk module and do I need to separately install something else?

I previously used the Zwart black icons pack on previous version of Lineage, and didn't need a separate mod to apply them. After nightly update I'm on A12 now... so to make sure I have things clear and am using the right tools, I can use this Pixel Launcher Mods to change the icons? So this is not in itself a seperate launcher? It just overwrites the hardcoded references to icons as explained in the github?

Running rooted Pixel 3 on latest nightly and magisk v23.

Thank you for any support and apologies for so many questions. I've had way too many bootloops from doing things first and asking questions second!!
If it's failing to start please post a log.

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
If it's failing to start please post a log.
Thank you for the response. Can you point me to what type of log I should post or how to create it? Much obliged!

Edit: two logcats, one before and one after attempting to run it unsuccessfully a few times. Please let me know if this is what you need or I should be doing something else to assist.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Thank you for the response. Can you point me to what type of log I should post or how to create it? Much obliged!

Edit: two logcats, one before and one after attempting to run it unsuccessfully a few times. Please let me know if this is what you need or I should be doing something else to assist.

Thank you!
Code:
Caused by: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher

You don't have the Pixel Launcher installed. Granted, it should handle that better, but you need it installed properly to use this app.

nasch007

Sep 19, 2014
Google Pixel 3
Code:
Caused by: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: com.google.android.apps.nexuslauncher

You don't have the Pixel Launcher installed. Granted, it should handle that better, but you need it installed properly to use this app.
Apologies for my confusion. Since I have Pixel, I thought that is all that is needed. So instead, I am on the Lineage default Trebuchet, then? So I just download and install the Pixel Launcher and can use the features of this apk? Again sorry for the dumb questions. Still learning.

Edit: Guess it's a moot point. I installed the latest Pixel Launcher from the Play Store and it would just force close. This app did open and launch but I wasn't able to do anything with it. Bummer. App looks promising!

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Apologies for my confusion. Since I have Pixel, I thought that is all that is needed. So instead, I am on the Lineage default Trebuchet, then? So I just download and install the Pixel Launcher and can use the features of this apk? Again sorry for the dumb questions. Still learning.

Edit: Guess it's a moot point. I installed the latest Pixel Launcher from the Play Store and it would just force close. This app did open and launch but I wasn't able to do anything with it. Bummer. App looks promising!
The Pixel Launcher is built into the system, you will need a Magisk module (a recent one that uses the launcher from 12 or 12.1) to use it.

ali147

Oct 23, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
might just be dumb question but lawnicons or modded lawnicons can't be used as icon packs to bulk replace icons using this app right? I'd have to use that and individually replace each icon? thanks!

using Evo X on poco X3 nfc (Surya)

Preech

May 24, 2014
Google Pixel 5
hi, great mod but I have an issue:
the app icons revert back to the original during the opening and closing animations. after the animation is done, it changes back to the custom icon.
is this normal?
I am on android 12.1 (pixel 5)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Launcher Mods

Pixel Launcher Mods is a root app for Android 12+ that enables you to add a number of features to the stock Pixel Launcher, without needing Xposed.

• Custom icons, including icon packs, adaptive icon packs and Lawnicons
    • Custom themed icons, add themed icons to apps that don't yet have them officially
      • Generate themed icons from supported normal icons
    • Replace the At a Glance or Search Box with a widget of your choice
    • Hide apps from the app drawer
    • Resize widgets beyond their original bounds, down to 1x1 or up to the maximum size of your grid
    • Hide the status bar clock while the Pixel Launcher is visible, for ultimate minimalism
    Please read the FAQ before installing or making issues / asking questions

Screenshots​

App Icons App Editor

Home screen Shortcut Editor Tweaks

At a Glance / Search Box replacement Hiding Apps

Icon Packs used in screenshots are a mixture of Lawnicons, OnDynamic Icon Pack, Lavien Adaptive Icon Pack, and a number of Pixel-style icon packs available on Google Play. Widgets are Firefox and Another Widget (At a Glance replacement)

Download​

Download from the GitHub releases page

Changelog​

Fixed Magisk module not installing

Bug fix release fixing a bug introduced in 2.2 where picking a Lawnicon or Legacy Themed Icon for the home screen would result in a solid icon

- Fixed Widget Replacement crash on Android 13 B1. The method of replacement has now changed slightly and will hopefully be more stable for future updates.
    - Fixed icons not applying after grid size changes (you should reboot after changing grid size to allow the icon resize to bed in before opening PLM)
    - Fixed themed icons not having a background when applied to the app drawer
    - The overlay will now be reset to the stub when resetting, allowing a clean Magisk module uninstall
    - Fixed crashes
    - Updated Romanian translation, thanks ygorigor

How It Works​

Interested in how Pixel Launcher Mods works? You can read all about it here

Old versions, which can only be used on older versions of Android than 12, can be found here

More Themed Icons (Android 12)
    On Android 12, you can only change apps' themed icons to icons already in the Pixel Launcher. You can add more icons to the launcher using Magisk modules that provide an overlay, such as this one.
    Just released an update, version 1.1. Changes:

- Added option to clear all icon and label changes without having to clear data of the launcher (so without losing your homescreen layout)
    - Added Chinese translation thanks to shuaiwen shen
    - Reapply option when launched from the app shortcut no longer appears in the recent apps

Is on Labs so you can either update using the XDA app or download the APK manually from the labs page here
    New build 1.1.2:
    Changelog said:
    - Support for Android P and the new Pixel Launcher build in it
    Updated to v1.3.1, added support for Android Q beta 4

Got labs working, now available there :)