[APP][ROOT][2.3+] Undeleter - Recover Files & Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
This app scans and recovers deleted files from SD cards and internal storage.

Undeleter 3 has a new UI and support for all volume types (FAT, EXT, RFS and their derivatives).

Join the community to get beta updates and help:

https://plus.google.com/communities/113775337370180900364

Features:

• Restore any file that has not been written over
• Works with documents, images, video, music, archives and binaries
• Save files directly to Dropbox and Google Drive

For free, the app will only restore image files. Buy the key to unlock full functionality - undelete any supported file type, remove ads and allow background scanning.

FILE TYPES:

Journal scanning can discover files with any conceivable extension. Essentially these files are still on your volume with their data in previously allocated sectors. This type of scan is not available in RFS-derived file systems.

Deep scan heuristically scans for and recovers the following types of files: BMP, JPEG/JPG, PNG, MNG, JNG, GIF, MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, OGG, OGM, WAV, FLAC, AMR, MP4A, PDF, SXD, SXI, SXC, SXW, ODT, ODG, ODS, ODP, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, ZIP, JAR, APK.

This list will be expanded in the future to include other kinds of files.

NOTE: Some files that are discovered after a scan may fail to recover as the data can be corrupted beyond repair, just like desktop based solutions. Similarly, files that are recovered may fail to open or play back due to degeneration. If your files are not working on your device, try to open them in desktop programs, they may be salvageable!

BILLING is used for in app purchase of unlock Key

ACCOUNT PERMISSIONS needed for Google Drive and Dropbox

Download:

Click here to view on Google Play

or

Click here to download latest APK

Screenshots:

UFqZk7UI.jpg
1tT1NR6O.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-12-22-31-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-12-22-31-30.png
    112 KB · Views: 6,502
  • Screenshot_2014-08-13-13-05-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-13-13-05-01.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 6,573
  • Screenshot_2014-08-13-13-05-27.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-13-13-05-27.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 6,447
  • Screenshot_2014-08-12-22-34-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-12-22-34-45.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 6,298
  • Screenshot_2014-08-13-13-16-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-13-13-16-24.png
    173 KB · Views: 6,195
  • fahrbot.apps.undelete-3.4.2.1.B76-Release.apk
    7.9 MB · Views: 34,621
Last edited:

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Beta branch 3.4.2.1
Uploaded 2.4.2015

• No SELinux content modification
• 64 bit fix for previous noSEL release

Beta branch 3.3.3.8
Uploaded 15.3.2015

• New multi-select mechanic, feedback please!
• Improved MP3 scanner
• Fixes

Release branch 3.3.3.7
Uploaded 10.3.2015

• Fixes in background scan
• Fixed issues from user replies
• Updated translations

Release branch 3.3.3.6
Uploaded 27.2.2015

• Save file interface is now separate from the share menu
• Hotfixed bugs from yesterdays user reports

Release branch 3.3.3.5
Uploaded 26.2.2015

• Updated translations
• Added Parse analytics
• Fix for white screen on background scan
• Fixes from user reports

Last edited:

grrostus

Aug 17, 2014
Please reprot any issues during this beta!

Thank you for this excellent app. I found the link in your beta forum to the xda resource. So far it is proving very reliable but i notice that in the old version it was possibble to multiselect in different tabs or the scan results and then restore.

How to do this here? Every time is scroll it my selectgion is gone... other than that this is the best unerase app. Very useful for the movies on my many microsdhc cards.

Thank you in advance.

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Thank you for this excellent app. I found the link in your beta forum to the xda resource. So far it is proving very reliable but i notice that in the old version it was possibble to multiselect in different tabs or the scan results and then restore.

How to do this here? Every time is scroll it my selectgion is gone... other than that this is the best unerase app. Very useful for the movies on my many microsdhc cards.

Thank you in advance.

Theres no need for it - you can just use the ALL tab :)

mildlydisturbed

Oct 28, 2010
Nashville
Interesting! Thanks for the feedback. Can you please post a screenshot of the volume selection, expanded? Let's see if we can fix this for today's release.

Yeah attaching one picture, I'll write out all the selectable options since they scroll off

Internal Storage /data
/carrier /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
/custdata /dev/blck/mmcblk0p22
/fataldevlog /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
/firmware/adsp /dev/block/platform/..cc 1/by-name/adsp
/firmware/radio /dev/blocks/platform..cc.1/by-name/radio
/firmware/wcnss
a couple of others getting loopy typing

I will point out that this time /mnt/media_rw/ext_sd appeared. It did not before. No idea. So now all I'm potentially missing is the internal sd mount (unless it's under data)

Reactions: rootcid

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Yeah attaching one picture, I'll write out all the selectable options since they scroll off

Internal Storage /data
/carrier /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
/custdata /dev/blck/mmcblk0p22
/fataldevlog /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
/firmware/adsp /dev/block/platform/..cc 1/by-name/adsp
/firmware/radio /dev/blocks/platform..cc.1/by-name/radio
/firmware/wcnss
a couple of others getting loopy typing

I will point out that this time /mnt/media_rw/ext_sd appeared. It did not before. No idea. So now all I'm potentially missing is the internal sd mount (unless it's under data)

Ok thats great, thanks. I think probably you just didnt notice it the first time round. If you can though, try to replicate this and double check by uninstalling and installing again.

I assume that "/mnt/media_rw/ext_sd" is at the bottom of the list somewhere right? So i cant see it? And thats exactly how its written? you can try to sccreenshot it in landscape.

Re the internal storage, it is indeed mounted as /data. Theres a simple word parsing mechanism we use to deduce which are the "important" partitions, so sometimes strange mount points can be the problem - something easily fixed!

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013

Im sending you a PM with a link to a dev branch apk, please test it and see if storage is properly detected. You will need to uninstall the play version first, then install the new apk. Please let me know how it goes in this thread rather than via PM.

Thanks in advance!

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Added mediafire download link to latest Beta to OP, please let me know if all media is correctly categorized now!

Reactions: grrostus

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Thank you for the feedback! I will push the beta to production as soon as mildlydisturbed gets back to me!

mildlydisturbed

Oct 28, 2010
Nashville
The version you pmed me now shows internal storage and external storage when I start up (although the other did the second time)

Internal is /data
External is /mnt/media_rw/ext_sd

Looks like the internal SD card is showing as /data/media/0

Only things I might suggest is a little note to users that expect that to be /sdcard/ to tell them that it can be under data, and also an animation while it's searching for files - the progress bar doesn't feel like it's ever moving and a couple of times I've wondered if the thing had locked up.

The time estimates seem way off - started with an ETA of 2 minutes, progress bar is I guess 1/3rd of the way through and the ETA is 11 minutes.

Other than that looking pretty decent - considering it for an article on Pocketables.com when you get the newest one released, if you're not adverse.

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Ok so when you open the volume selection page, without it being expanded you see two entries - "external" and "internal", with their respective paths right? Good, perfect. Re the note i dont think its necessary, most rooted users will know that /data is their internal storage mount already, and since we call it "Internal" for them, unlike all the other volumes, they shouldnt have trouble with it. Besides, theres nowhere to put these notes.

Regarding the ETA, the progress bar and the sector scanning. The way the scan works, its not actually possible to compute an accurate prediction because most sectors are reexamined and parsed multiple times by multiple threads. Also, contiguous unallocated sectors may be mixed in with sectors marked "deleted" by the system, causing the scan speed to fluctuate as scan technique adapts to the sectors it reads. Not sure much can be done about the ETA here. Youll find that its the same for all the desktop apps (on android were the only ones who ported the classic linux scanning code, all the other apps use a weak/inaccurate method).

The progress bar ditto, but when i have time i will try to make a visualization based on a (albeit unrealistic) square sector map - its a lot of work so not quite at this stage.

Re Pocketables. Yes i would be very glad if you wrote something! I will let you know as soon as the production version is released. It will be propagated to Play over the next 24 hours, so ill contact you and let you know.

Thank you for your very helpful feedback! And do have a look at some of my other apps, theyre pretty good. Like Ditalix and RCB and Private Place :)

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Undeleter 3.0.2.1

• Fixed external SD parser
• Added forced media rescan after restore
• Changed default restore folder name to "Undeleter"
• Fixed crashes from user reports

Last edited:

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Any problems with yesterdays release guys?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app scans and recovers deleted files from SD cards and internal storage.

Undeleter 3 has a new UI and support for all volume types (FAT, EXT, RFS and their derivatives).

Join the community to get beta updates and help:

https://plus.google.com/communities/113775337370180900364

Features:

• Restore any file that has not been written over
    • Works with documents, images, video, music, archives and binaries
    • Save files directly to Dropbox and Google Drive

For free, the app will only restore image files. Buy the key to unlock full functionality - undelete any supported file type, remove ads and allow background scanning.

FILE TYPES:

Journal scanning can discover files with any conceivable extension. Essentially these files are still on your volume with their data in previously allocated sectors. This type of scan is not available in RFS-derived file systems.

Deep scan heuristically scans for and recovers the following types of files: BMP, JPEG/JPG, PNG, MNG, JNG, GIF, MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, OGG, OGM, WAV, FLAC, AMR, MP4A, PDF, SXD, SXI, SXC, SXW, ODT, ODG, ODS, ODP, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, ZIP, JAR, APK.

This list will be expanded in the future to include other kinds of files.

NOTE: Some files that are discovered after a scan may fail to recover as the data can be corrupted beyond repair, just like desktop based solutions. Similarly, files that are recovered may fail to open or play back due to degeneration. If your files are not working on your device, try to open them in desktop programs, they may be salvageable!

BILLING is used for in app purchase of unlock Key

ACCOUNT PERMISSIONS needed for Google Drive and Dropbox

Download:

Click here to view on Google Play

or

Click here to download latest APK

Screenshots:

UFqZk7UI.jpg
    1tT1NR6O.jpg
    Beta branch 3.4.2.1
    Uploaded 2.4.2015

• No SELinux content modification
    • 64 bit fix for previous noSEL release

Beta branch 3.3.3.8
    Uploaded 15.3.2015

• New multi-select mechanic, feedback please!
    • Improved MP3 scanner
    • Fixes

Release branch 3.3.3.7
    Uploaded 10.3.2015

• Fixes in background scan
    • Fixed issues from user replies
    • Updated translations

Release branch 3.3.3.6
    Uploaded 27.2.2015

• Save file interface is now separate from the share menu
    • Hotfixed bugs from yesterdays user reports

Release branch 3.3.3.5
    Uploaded 26.2.2015

• Updated translations
    • Added Parse analytics
    • Fix for white screen on background scan
    • Fixes from user reports
    Wow, that is an usefull app *_*

I will use it many many times XD
    Added APK direct download link for people without Play Store. Enjoy.
    The version you pmed me now shows internal storage and external storage when I start up (although the other did the second time)

Internal is /data
    External is /mnt/media_rw/ext_sd

Looks like the internal SD card is showing as /data/media/0

Only things I might suggest is a little note to users that expect that to be /sdcard/ to tell them that it can be under data, and also an animation while it's searching for files - the progress bar doesn't feel like it's ever moving and a couple of times I've wondered if the thing had locked up.

The time estimates seem way off - started with an ETA of 2 minutes, progress bar is I guess 1/3rd of the way through and the ETA is 11 minutes.

Other than that looking pretty decent - considering it for an article on Pocketables.com when you get the newest one released, if you're not adverse.