[APP][ROOT][4.0+]Battery Charge Limit v1.1.1

Freezy202

Feb 11, 2015
I don't know the reason(I don't think this is kernel dependent), but just check this file(whether it exists): /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled
It should be 1 by default. And when it reaches the limit, the value is made 0 by the app.
I have checked the file. The app should work, since the file exists. But I don't understand why it's "0", even after I deleted your app and did a restart.

Reactions: vamsi2405

sriharshaarangi

Aug 22, 2015
Chennai
I have checked the file. The app should work, since the file exists. But I don't understand why it's "0", even after I deleted your app and did a restart.
It is 1 as default for me, when it is made 0, the phone doesn't charge even when connected to charger.
So, for me
1: Charging enabled
0: Charging disabled
Try this once: Make that file 1(using any root file manger/terminal) while connected to charger, and see if charging stops.

Last edited:
Reactions: blueberry.sky

Freezy202

Feb 11, 2015
It is 1 as default for me, when it is made 0, the phone doesn't charge even when connected to charger.
So, for me
1: Charging enabled
0: Charging disabled
Try this once: Make that file 1(using any root file manger/terminal) while connected to charger, and see if charging stops.
Still no luck. Tried different kernel, another rom. I tried to modify the mentioned file with a root Explorer, but I got an error message. Maybe it has something to do with the error, why your app can't change the file.

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
just to set on-off more quickly!another thing is that yesterday I dissabled the charge limit and my phone didnt charge.I had to reboot.so the widget could do all this process for us ?

sriharshaarangi

Aug 22, 2015
Chennai
I dont know!can anyone confirm this?I will test again!
just confirmed!it was 83%,pulled charger off,disabled limit,put charger again and dont charge!but there is the thunder icon on battery...http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58a70e88aa063/Screenshot_20170217-120110.png?
I dont know if this has to do with this mod...but this popup appears always to me!!what is it???
Which mobile are you using?
I tried what you said, but it was charging for me and connecting charger without rebooting.
Try the same thing once more, and just after disabling limit, and before charging, check this file:
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_enabled
It is changed to 1 when disabled(It should work like this). If It is 0 for you even after disabling, then that's the reason it is not charging.

That supersu access request is not related to this app. Do you have xposed and whatsapp extensions installed? Refer this link: http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/166211/why-are-zygote-and-whatsapp-asking-for-root
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/168550/why-is-zygote-asking-for-superuser-permissions

Last edited:

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
thanks!I have a moto x play 6.0.1.yes I have also this module.ok I ll test it when I am not busy and report back!dude one more favour.I remember somewhere there...u can edit ?something that allows our mobile to shut down only when battery goes to 0%.Now my phone shuts down on 2-3% bartery sometimes.can u find this please?

B!Gguy

Apr 20, 2016
Colombo
Works great with OP2. 'Settings' won't open though. Few suggestions.
1.Make app icon + notification icon much better(Material design).
2.Add some graphics to cover the empty space on the main layout.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: sriharshaarangi

StonebridgeGr

Feb 6, 2014
Athens/Argostoli
www.facebook.com
Very very good application, that's I wanted all this time , but PLEASE , let us set it to 100% or even 99%, I know from 95 to 100 there is no much 'battery' but it looks better for those who want to have their phones charge full. Sorry about my English. Plus, I can't enter on the settings, try to tap on the settings but nothing happens. Thank you
John

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

For those who have XIAOMI MI MAX 6'44 WORKS PERFECT. TRY IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.