• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][ROOT][4.1+] Kernel Toolkit Kernel Settings

Search This thread

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Kernel Toolkit allows you to manage kernel settings on your rooted device. This app is a solo effort, my main goal is to simplify kernel tuning and provide a clean looking modern UI with the lovely new material design.

The app is stable, however not entirely feature complete. Expect frequent updates with new features. I wanted to get the basics working and published as soon as possible, to get feedback and all bugs worked out.

Currently it provides all the fundamental settings for kernel tuning. There are several other features that are currently in development that will be added very soon.

Development Update
- The app is ready to be translated to other languages. If you'd like to see the app in your language, please let me know via posting or PM. I will send a auto-translated set of strings to someone who speaks the language to make revisions. The process is very fast and the app will be updated promptly. new
- Before you leave a poor rating in play store, please let me know what I can do to improve the app. This app is the result of listening and responding to feedback and criticism, I take all recent feedback into consideration during every update.

Features
- Live device stats
- Time in cpu states with custom references
- Adjust kernel settings:
- Cpu governor
- Cpu governor parameter control
- Gpu governor/max frequency
- I/O scheduler
- I/O scheduler parameters
- Read ahead buffer
- Voltage table control / global adjustment
- Enabled/disable system executables including Mpdecision, Pnpmgr
- Apply settings on boot
- Intelliplug settings
- USB fast charge toggle
- Screen wake control
- Big and small core separate control new
- And many more

Features in development
- Per app profiles new
- CPU, RAM, device stat widgets new
- Thermal threshold settings
- 4.0 ICS compatibility
- You tell me

Screenshots
ZV1ixZy.jpg

i2vxUmA.jpg

wCo0LZZ.jpg

TuzeExD.jpg

kPdq7Fq.jpg

80vpHOs.jpg

RVEWN8t.jpg

bEurkHg.jpg

Bug reports
Please send bug reports via email @ [email protected] or by PM on xda. Please include your device name and android version.

Feature requests
Please do not hesitate to send feature requests (via email @ [email protected] or by PM on xda). Always open to new ideas and features.

Download
Download via Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsmartapps.root.kerneltweaker

Support with donation

Credits
- Google for SlidingTabLayout
- Pnikosis for material indeterminate progress bars on pre-lollipop > https://github.com/pnikosis/materialish-progress
- @haqanguven for Turkish translation
- @RASTAVIPER for Greek translation
- @ChiDi9901 for German translation
- @neytireyqa for Czech translation

Last edited:

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Guide to kernel settings
http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/help/test-t3032171

http://www.androidcentral.com/fine-tuning-minfree-settings-improving-androids-multi-tasking

https://android.googlesource.com/ke...7aebe08b/Documentation/cpu-freq/governors.txt

Recommended settings for Lollipop
The following are changes I made on the stock kernel on my GPE m8
- multicore power savings: enabled (1)
- minfree settings: medium

Default minfree settings on lollipop are very aggressive. If you have at least 1 GB of RAM you should lower the values.

Last edited:

dany20mh

Apr 11, 2009
I get FC upon the opening of the app and I tried to clear cache and data for it and it's not working for me.
I send the report through the google, if you didn't received it let me know how and I try to redo it again, might help you find the problem.

Nexus 6 - BlissRom 2.0 - Despair Kernel

Reactions: Heisenberg420
Z

ZeroX7C

Force closes on my MTK6592 device (octa-core)

Exception class name: java.lang.NullPointerException
Source file: LinuxSystem.java
Source class: com.dsmartapps.root.kerneltweaker.LinuxSystem$StatsPoller
Source method: onReadCores
Line number: 647.

I'm guessing this is because of the 8 core processor?

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Hey guys, thank you guys for reporting the FCs.

These are very simple bugs to fix i'll try to get an update out later today.

This was sort of expected with release as this app can't be tested on an emulator since the emulator has no kernel files. Please bear with me and don't give any bad ratings in the play store just yet!

JoaoMarcos

Jan 31, 2013
Bauru - SP
FC in Moto G 2013 with Lollipop 5.0.2 stock (stock kernel too), after giving root permitions...

More here:
Exception class name:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Source file:
LinuxSystem.java

Source class:
com.dsmartapps.root.kerneltweaker.LinuxSystem

Source method:
getExecutableState

Line:

Stack trace:
java.land.RuntimeException: An error occoured while executing doInBackground()

Last edited:

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Okay update has been pushed out. Should be in the play store within an hour or so.

Most FCs have been fixed. In some cases I did a temporary work around until I figure out whats going on on some devices system files.

There is one issue on some devices thats causing a crash when reading the min/max frequencies which is strange because they should be the same on all devices. Its possible this is caused by missing busybox installation. You can install it via playstore if your rooted. If your still getting FCs and are familiar with ADB cmds, I may need your help by running a few cmds to look at your device files. I might make a debugging apk that reads your system files if anyones willing to help out. I'll keep you guys posted.

Until then stay with me my #1 priority right now is to get this working on all devices!

Einwod

Mar 1, 2011
Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
Okay update has been pushed out. Should be in the play store within an hour or so.

Most FCs have been fixed. In some cases I did a temporary work around until I figure out whats going on on some devices system files.

There is one issue on some devices thats causing a crash when reading the min/max frequencies which is strange because they should be the same on all devices. Its possible this is caused by missing busybox installation. You can install it via playstore if your rooted. If your still getting FCs and are familiar with ADB cmds, I may need your help by running a few cmds to look at your device files. I might make a debugging apk that reads your system files if anyones willing to help out. I'll keep you guys posted.

Until then stay with me my #1 priority right now is to get this working on all devices!

Updated and working. Very nice UI. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernel Toolkit allows you to manage kernel settings on your rooted device. This app is a solo effort, my main goal is to simplify kernel tuning and provide a clean looking modern UI with the lovely new material design.

The app is stable, however not entirely feature complete. Expect frequent updates with new features. I wanted to get the basics working and published as soon as possible, to get feedback and all bugs worked out.

Currently it provides all the fundamental settings for kernel tuning. There are several other features that are currently in development that will be added very soon.

Development Update
    - The app is ready to be translated to other languages. If you'd like to see the app in your language, please let me know via posting or PM. I will send a auto-translated set of strings to someone who speaks the language to make revisions. The process is very fast and the app will be updated promptly. new
    - Before you leave a poor rating in play store, please let me know what I can do to improve the app. This app is the result of listening and responding to feedback and criticism, I take all recent feedback into consideration during every update.

Features
    - Live device stats
    - Time in cpu states with custom references
    - Adjust kernel settings:
    - Cpu governor
    - Cpu governor parameter control
    - Gpu governor/max frequency
    - I/O scheduler
    - I/O scheduler parameters
    - Read ahead buffer
    - Voltage table control / global adjustment
    - Enabled/disable system executables including Mpdecision, Pnpmgr
    - Apply settings on boot
    - Intelliplug settings
    - USB fast charge toggle
    - Screen wake control
    - Big and small core separate control new
    - And many more

Features in development
    - Per app profiles new
    - CPU, RAM, device stat widgets new
    - Thermal threshold settings
    - 4.0 ICS compatibility
    - You tell me

Screenshots
    ZV1ixZy.jpg

i2vxUmA.jpg

wCo0LZZ.jpg

TuzeExD.jpg

kPdq7Fq.jpg

80vpHOs.jpg

RVEWN8t.jpg

bEurkHg.jpg

Bug reports
    Please send bug reports via email @ [email protected] or by PM on xda. Please include your device name and android version.

Feature requests
    Please do not hesitate to send feature requests (via email @ [email protected] or by PM on xda). Always open to new ideas and features.

Download
    Download via Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsmartapps.root.kerneltweaker

Support with donation

Credits
    - Google for SlidingTabLayout
    - Pnikosis for material indeterminate progress bars on pre-lollipop > https://github.com/pnikosis/materialish-progress
    - @haqanguven for Turkish translation
    - @RASTAVIPER for Greek translation
    - @ChiDi9901 for German translation
    - @neytireyqa for Czech translation
    Guide to kernel settings
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2/help/test-t3032171

http://www.androidcentral.com/fine-tuning-minfree-settings-improving-androids-multi-tasking

https://android.googlesource.com/ke...7aebe08b/Documentation/cpu-freq/governors.txt

Recommended settings for Lollipop
    The following are changes I made on the stock kernel on my GPE m8
    - multicore power savings: enabled (1)
    - minfree settings: medium

Default minfree settings on lollipop are very aggressive. If you have at least 1 GB of RAM you should lower the values.
    Traveling is all done for now, finally have time to get back to working on the app. Updates coming soon!
    V1.0 coming very soon. Just waiting on a few things before I push it out but its 99% ready :good:
    For those of u asking for a dark theme

d9995cb94e1cf13997ad08950b3ec258.jpg

e54e54da7cd5857c57d3f9586766f541.jpg

Should be ready tmrw [emoji106]