• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[APP][ROOT][5.0+][1st Nov 2020] Migrate - custom ROM migration tool

Is Migrate backup and restore working without any errors?

• Total voters

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
Maybe the TWRP build for an original Pixel is tool old for 10, but...

Im on a Pixel 2 XL with stock August 10 ROM, with TWRP installed (TWRP for it just updated last month)

Or you can even just fastboot to the TWRP img without installing to do things as a one off

Im too lazy to do that all the time so i flashed it permanently.

Anyways, i expect thats enough of a thread derail....
Pixel devices which are either launched with Android 10 or which launched with Android 9 but which are ugraded to the new partition scheme, i.e. 3a/3a xl, are not supported by TWRP ... not even when fastbooting an TWRP-image :(

vip5912

Jun 20, 2017
I do not understand the procedure for solution ... ?

I have installed migrate backupin the second profil of island too

but if I will starting the backup-procedure migrate say to me: Error - Root permissen denied

what is to do for avoid this faillure ? :confused:
or is the no solution and
migrate is not comaptible for 2 Users ?
You need root for Migrate in Island profile (work profile).
Clone Magisk to Island profile and select Multi-user mode in Mainland Magisk.

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
You need root for Migrate in Island profile (work profile).
Clone Magisk to Island profile and select Multi-user mode in Mainland Magisk.
But when you flash the backup zip file on recovery, are the apps/data restored to the work profile? How do I set profiles (default/work) in Migrate restoration process? Thanks.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
sir where to find search bar for this thread?
Is it possible, you may have overlooked the search function?

Btw, it's good practice to thank the ones that help you by hitting the thanks button (which you can find at the bottom of each helpful post).

You could do this for the following two answers from user @MaverickNextDoor for being very generous and spoon-feeding you with your desired answer:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83355443&postcount=1468
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83357855&postcount=1470

Attachments

Last edited:

Pogo

Mar 19, 2007
Pixel devices which are either launched with Android 10 or which launched with Android 9 but which are ugraded to the new partition scheme, i.e. 3a/3a xl, are not supported by TWRP ... not even when fastbooting an TWRP-image :(
I have a Pixel 3a running LineageOS 17.1 which means I cannot use TWRP. Since the Lineage recovery has sideload, I've tried to be a smart-ass and sideload Migrate's zip file.
What I'm getting is this:
Code:
Verifying update package
E:footer is wrong
Signature verification failed 
Error 21
And the message at the top: "Install anyway?". After confirming:
Code:
Mounting partition...
Mount failed data! Exiting...
E:error in /sideload/package.zip (Status 7)"
I was using sideload for Lineage install and update, so it's unlikely something wrong with their implementation of sideload. The adb is the latest version and the same version was used to flash Lineage and the phone rooted with Magisk.
I remember vaguely that sideload zip file has different format than zip for installing via TWRP but I might be wrong.
Any thoughts?

User_99

Jul 3, 2009
Read most of the thread but do not find my answer. Maybe overseen the answer.
So do I need root to backup my apps and data?
Why? I'm currently unrooted and want to flash a Custom ROM.

pegasoc

Jul 21, 2017
Bye,
Sorry but I don't know English.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite CC9, I installed Migrate-GPE, backed up data and app. I have updated Mi 9 Lite from MIUI 11 to MIUI 12 EU.
Now when I start Migrate Helper and select "Restore apps and data" it says "Nothing to restore, no metadata found, Flash a Migrate package first, 3.1.1_release". First at TWRP I installed the 3 zippers and the extra.
What do I have to do to restore apps and data?

pegasoc

Jul 21, 2017
Bye,
thanks for your help. I had read the first two posts but I didn't know that mine was a "manual extraction" case and not knowing English I have a hard time following all the instructions.

P.S.
magnificent app. works much better than Titanium (it always gave me a lot of mistakes). There is room for improvement but being at the beginning it promises very well.
I'm still trying all the apps and data that I restored, but so far I've only had problems with some widgets in the home
I hope it will be translated into Italian soon.
It would be nice and very useful that in future versions there would be the option to make automatic and scheduled backups.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, Androit 10, MIUI 12 EU.
Thank you very much to the developer and everyone who collaborates.

Last edited: