[APP][root][5.0+] VPN Hotspot: VPN tethering/Wi-Fi repeater (open source)

Search This thread

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
can someone teach me how to use this vpnhotspot app.
i already have root on my phone and has this app installed. but i do not how to exactly use it.
First of all, does your setup work with your phone's regular hotspot? if it does, this should work also.
Start and connect to your VPN (I use NordVPN)
Open the VPNHotspot app
at the bottom of the app, select settings. This settings part only has to be done once.
Under Downstream, turn on Disable IPv6 Tehering
turn of Tethering hardware acceleration
Keep Wi-Fi alive: Disable power save
Repeater safe mode: on
Network status monitor mode: Poll with root
now select the Tethering tab at the bottom of the page
Turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot (Not the Temporary one)
afer that connects, a selection called ap_br_wlan2 will appear right above the Wi-fi hotspot setting, toggle that on.
Connect your network devices to the phones hotspot. It should have its normal name, except that now it's sharing your Phone's VPN. To turn the hotspot off, you will have to go to the phone's hotspot setting. Let us know how it"s going.

Reactions: redw4rrior

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I have a request (as a contributor) can we get an option to make this a proxied connection?
since I have multiple internet connections, I could then set up a browser to use this proxy, and another to run on Ethernet, thereby increasing my total bandwidth.

GivIn2It

Jul 12, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I tried that but no success. I have decided to go another way to get my multiple connections going. I'm using your app's usb tethering. But no way can I get it to share NordVPN. It shares the usb just not the VPN, and yes, I flip the toggle when it appears. I wonder if another version of the program will do it. As of now I have to run Nord on the computer, as well as on the Pixel 6 Pro to protect it. By the way, your hotspot works perfectly for sharing Nord, It just doesn't fit into my current scheme with 3 connections.

pf100

Jul 13, 2021
First of all, does your setup work with your phone's regular hotspot? if it does, this should work also.
Start and connect to your VPN (I use NordVPN)
Open the VPNHotspot app
at the bottom of the app, select settings. This settings part only has to be done once.
Under Downstream, turn on Disable IPv6 Tehering
turn of Tethering hardware acceleration
Keep Wi-Fi alive: Disable power save
Repeater safe mode: on
Network status monitor mode: Poll with root
now select the Tethering tab at the bottom of the page
Turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot (Not the Temporary one)
afer that connects, a selection called ap_br_wlan2 will appear right above the Wi-fi hotspot setting, toggle that on.
Connect your network devices to the phones hotspot. It should have its normal name, except that now it's sharing your Phone's VPN. To turn the hotspot off, you will have to go to the phone's hotspot setting. Let us know how it"s going.
Thank you so much. Your instructions worked great. I answered to add a note that on my phone, after starting the VPN (Ivacy, in my case), and doing the steps you outlined, you said "a selection called ap_br_wlan2 will appear right above the Wi-fi hotspot setting, toggle that on." On my phone it was "wlan1" but everything else was the same. Thanks again.

anilw

May 19, 2013
Hi friends
I have installed this app on my Raspberry PI4 (RP4) and device is rooted (Android 11). this app works with my TV/ Phones(IOS/android) / laptop flawlessly (i.e. sharing VPN based internet connection).
However Google Chromecast does not connect to internet when wlan0 is ON
1661053212761.png

so everytime, when I want to connect my chromecast here, i have to disable wlan0 and then manually connect chromcast to the RP4's hotspot, otherwise chromecast sasys "NO internet" or "Limited Connection".
My settings screen is shared here for better explanation of problem
1661053406596.png

1661053435770.png

Can somebody help me with this pls...
(BTW- I'm using SocksHttp to create my VPN connection on RP4)

wenyendev

Aug 29, 2022
Thanks for the app!

Does it support Android 4.3 (Samsung Note 2)?

Is ROOT compulsory for the device where this magic app is installed, to get its VPN shared?

Thanks!

tunerhd

Dec 13, 2018
Is it possible to auto tether when usb connected (in tethering mode)?
if it's not can u add that feature as an option?

Mygod Studio

Apr 30, 2013
Suzhou
mygod.be
Hi friends
I have installed this app on my Raspberry PI4 (RP4) and device is rooted (Android 11). this app works with my TV/ Phones(IOS/android) / laptop flawlessly (i.e. sharing VPN based internet connection).
However Google Chromecast does not connect to internet when wlan0 is ON
View attachment 5691935
so everytime, when I want to connect my chromecast here, i have to disable wlan0 and then manually connect chromcast to the RP4's hotspot, otherwise chromecast sasys "NO internet" or "Limited Connection".
My settings screen is shared here for better explanation of problem
View attachment 5691937
View attachment 5691939

Can somebody help me with this pls...
(BTW- I'm using SocksHttp to create my VPN connection on RP4)
Try changing upstream interface and fallback interface to default, and then post screenshot of current upstream?
Thanks for the app!

Does it support Android 4.3 (Samsung Note 2)?

Is ROOT compulsory for the device where this magic app is installed, to get its VPN shared?

Thanks!
No. As for no root: https://github.com/Mygod/VPNHotspot/issues/62
Is it possible to auto tether when usb connected (in tethering mode)?
if it's not can u add that feature as an option?
You should be able to do it with some other app I believe.

Top Liked Posts