• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][ROOT][7.1.1]QuickSettings Flashlight fix for all nougat roms

Search This thread

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
@Umang96
I guess this thread is supposed to be Themes and Apps section
Please move it there

Regards

Edit : just saw page no. 5
If your thread is still not moved ..
Click report thread button and ask there to move thread

Last edited:

madkiran

Jan 27, 2013
Vizag
Go Configuration in Setting --> Quicl Settings --> Titles Layout and increase Columns . And just add flashlight like normally

Thanks for the reply. but I couldn't add that tile.. what I am doing is..
1. opened config in settings
2. increased the tile columns
3. removed the flashlight tile which was already present there
4. and tried to add the another flash tile which was in the very bottom of the quick tile edit area...

but I am not able to add that tile . it was grayed out... :confused:

Reactions: seqchen

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
Thanks for the reply. but I couldn't add that tile.. what I am doing is..
1. opened config in settings
2. increased the tile columns
3. removed the flashlight tile which was already present there
4. and tried to add the another flash tile which was in the very bottom of the quick tile edit area...

but I am not able to add that tile . it was grayed out... :confused:

Maybe you are denying systemui some kind of permission or could be rom bug. If you open app and click button, flashlight works ?

Reactions: madkiran

arifreggit

Aug 15, 2016
Jakarta
Hi @Umang96 Thanks for this app. Works fine in Official LOS. I have a request that maybe u can add hide icon menu option in the app for future update, I don't really like that too many app icons in my app drawer. But great job and thanks anyway

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
Can you please make a flashable zip with aroma, which asks whether to install it as system / user app from TWRP [right after flashing ROM]?
I would prefer system app, if no aroma installer is included.
Thanks in Advance.
It's not a patch anymore, app is able to add tile now, so you can just install app and move it to system using link2sd.

MP10

Feb 7, 2013
Works really good with slim 7.
Continue your work and try integrate this with double tap or long press on hardware button, and long press on power button when screen is off. Just ideas.
Good work @Umang96.

Reactions: razr96

hallo6459

Jul 28, 2008
Translate/Edit

What is this ?
I've been experimenting with flashlight and I have been able to make this flashlight app which could be used as a flashlight tile replacement in quicksettings and also as a standalone torch app, this should be very helpful for nougat users since we have a very buggy default flashlight tile.

Is it possible to edit the text in the flaslight tile? Then one can translate it for him or herself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this ?
    I've been experimenting with flashlight and I have been able to make this flashlight app which could be used as a flashlight tile replacement in quicksettings and also as a standalone torch app, this should be very helpful for nougat users since we have a very buggy default flashlight tile.

How does this work ?
    First my friend Shayan gave me the idea that we should toggle flash light from flashlight led brightness nodes, then I decided to try implementing in the native quicksettings flashlight toggle, first I started by writing a small torch app for this then hichaam helped and converted it into a tile service, it took few hours but I successfully managed to make it working without any visible defects or bugs.

Does this have any limitation or glitch ?
    Only concern is that you must provide root access to the flashlight and then your flashlight will work just like any marshmallow rom, just edit your notification panel quicksettings and you will see a new flashlight tile is available, just remove your old flashlight tile and add this new one.

How to use this ?
    Just download the app from play store, open it and provide root access, add the tile in your quicksettings and enjoy !

Downloads -
    Flashlight Tile Fix Kenzo

Sources and tutorials -
    Check post #2, please mention me in your rom if you use this.

Donate to me -
    Paypal, Paytm

Contributors -
    @Umang96, @shayanism, @hichaam
    Sources & Tutorials -

com.umang96.flashlight : Github
    Usage without SystemUI patch

Hi, this is a very good initiative from @Umang96, but it's difficult to patch SystemUI.apk each time you update your ROM. So I thought it would be good to have a standalone APK which provide the same functionality, and which provide a tile which can replace the stock Flashlight tile.

I took the code of @Umang96, and I added a TileService to have a shortcut to the core functionality of the application.

to use the application:
    1. Install the application.
    2. Launch the application to give it root rights.
    3. Add its tile from the tile editor of your smartphone (See the screenshots)

I'm using it now with NitrogenOS, and it's working flawlessly. Thank you @Umang96.

Source: https://github.com/hichaam2/kenzo_flashlight
    It can't be added in lineage, It has been squeezed into a single universal app which will be on play store soon and you guys just need to install one app, don't be that lazy :p

Edit: Link updated, published on play store.
    I'm working more over the app, this will now be a torch app + quicksetting tile, users may use it whichever way they like, will push the app on play store soon :)

Request to mods, you may move it to apps section.