[APP][ROOT][12+][22/02] Pixel Launcher Mods - Icon Packs & more for STOCK Pixel Launcher

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
The mod works perfectly well BUT there is too many redraw especially when you have many apps opened and you hit the home button.

device details: Google Pixel XL, Stock Oreo 8.1, Rooted with Magisk
If you have apps updating in the background, this will happen because the app kills the launcher 10 seconds after an app updates (to allow the launcher time to update before it overrides it), so long as it another app doesn't get updated in that time (it starts the countdown again in that case)

If you don't have apps updating, the redraws are nothing to do with this app

iwantz

Nov 3, 2015
jakarta
thank you very much for this great app
works very well on pixel 2 launcher on Nitrogen Os 7.1.2 :good:

ekowwillis

Jan 30, 2012
Accra
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
If you have apps updating in the background, this will happen because the app kills the launcher 10 seconds after an app updates (to allow the launcher time to update before it overrides it), so long as it another app doesn't get updated in that time (it starts the countdown again in that case)

If you don't have apps updating, the redraws are nothing to do with this app

Very typical of developers; very defensive when their works are criticised. I'm not downplaying your work but I'm only pointing out what I think is wrong and can make it better if checked and corrected.

There were no updates during the time the redraws occurred. You'll only see " Pixel Launcher Mods was granted root rights", then the redraw occurs.

For proof: I uninstalled your app and all the redraws have stopped but the icons I applied are still there though. It may be peculiar to my device but some bit can be attributed to your app.

joeyhuab

Recognized Developer
Doesn't work. It only applies the pixel icon pack and won't let me use candycons. Also crashes most of the time when I try to apply a different icon pack. Awful
AFAIK It's the icon pack's fault and not the app's. Funny how you call something awful just because it didn't work for you but worked for others.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Very typical of developers; very defensive when their works are criticised. I'm not downplaying your work but I'm only pointing out what I think is wrong and can make it better if checked and corrected.

There were no updates during the time the redraws occurred. You'll only see " Pixel Launcher Mods was granted root rights", then the redraw occurs.

For proof: I uninstalled your app and all the redraws have stopped but the icons I applied are still there though. It may be peculiar to my device but some bit can be attributed to your app.
He's not being defensive. Other people don't experience the redraws like you're saying. Only experienced it once after applying the Pixel 2 Icon Pack then no more redraws unless an app updates itself. Don't blame the app. Blame ya phone.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using XDA Labs

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk

If you see the toast message, the system has sent the package updated broadcast and it's restarted. There's programmatically no way for it to happen otherwise.

Reactions: R324D

Chouiyekh

Jun 15, 2015
Tangier
some icons pack not working like Click UI and Quantum Dots - Icon Pack (paid apps) and some of them like Pixel Icon Pack (free app) and Dives - Icon Pack (paid app) works fine !
could you explain where the problem is ?

LPW00

May 14, 2016
Is icon masking possible? Some icon packs have masks for unsupported icons, so that those don't look out of place.

Hawiie13

Feb 11, 2014
Great App I used Pixel Launcher before and now I am using Nova Launcher because no hassle choosing One by one app icon Now I am planning to switch again I love Pixel Launcher.

Last edited:

matrixhaj

Mar 24, 2012

Exactly same problem. Without OP app no redraws. With it its very common...I have like 15-25apps in launcher

ele95

Mar 15, 2016
Sarajevo
this mod work fine on android 7.x but on android 8.1 its keep asking for root permissions every time and even after reboot and dont work fine some icons are themed and other are not , im running AOSIP 8.1 on 1+3 , any help
thanks

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
on pixel 2 xl 8.1 stock
gave root permission
i tried 3 icon packs and the apply does not work
manual chnage for apps works and renaming them works
also reset icon for app does not work it still shows the icon i applied earlier
any help?

djide

Dec 19, 2005
Washington, DC
After each reboot, it will be FC, but it's actually working.
Same thing here and when I open launcher after a while the icons would be pixelated and blurry at first before it becomes sharp. Am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Great app over all. Thanks

Edited. I just noticed this has been addressed, the redraw process. Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah, but it only lets me set legacy themed icons and I thought they were adaptive like the ones Evo X had in A13 🤔
    You need to install an icon pack and then you can apply it with the mod. Try lawicons or any dynamic/adaptive icon pack and you'll get something similar to the home screen
    Pixel Launcher Mods

Pixel Launcher Mods is a root app for Android 12+ that enables you to add a number of features to the stock Pixel Launcher, without needing Xposed.
    • Custom icons, including icon packs, adaptive icon packs and Lawnicons
    • Custom themed icons, add themed icons to apps that don't yet have them officially
      • Generate themed icons from supported normal icons
    • Replace Search Box with a widget of your choice
    • Hide At a Glance (space will remain unusable)
    • Hide apps from the app drawer
    • Resize widgets beyond their original bounds, down to 1x1 or up to the maximum size of your grid
    • Hide the status bar clock while the Pixel Launcher is visible, for ultimate minimalism
    • Disable Wallpaper Status Bar Scrim
    • Disable Wallpaper Region-based Widget Colours
    Please read the FAQ before installing or making issues / asking questions

Screenshots​

App Icons App Editor

Home screen Shortcut Editor Tweaks

Search Box replacement Hiding Apps

Icon Packs used in screenshots are a mixture of Lawnicons, OnDynamic Icon Pack, Lavien Adaptive Icon Pack, and a number of Pixel-style icon packs available on Google Play.

Download​

Download from the GitHub releases page

Changelog​

- Fixed configure not working for some more widgets

- Fixed configurable widgets not working

- Fixed overlay Magisk Module not installing

- Disabled scrim tweak on Android 14+ as it is no longer possible
    - Fixed overlay not working on Android 14 QPR2 (you may need to re-save and re-install the module zip)
    - Fixed app not starting on boot

- Added option to disable wallpaper scrim
    - Added option to disable region based wallpaper colours
    - Removed option to replace At a Glance as it no longer is possible
    - Added option to hide At a Glance instead
    - Added blank widget to hide search if required
    - Added option to save Magisk module if it's already installed
    - Improved hide clock logic & added the most asked question of all time to the FAQs
    - Fixed crashes

- Fixed crash on Android 13 QPR
    - Updated target to Android 13
    - Enabled predictive back

- Fixed Smartspace dots still appearing when a widget replacement is in use
    - Added option to change transparency of Recents background

- Fixed Magisk module not installing

- Bug fix release fixing a bug introduced in 2.2 where picking a Lawnicon or Legacy Themed Icon for the home screen would result in a solid icon

- Fixed Widget Replacement crash on Android 13 B1. The method of replacement has now changed slightly and will hopefully be more stable for future updates.
    - Fixed icons not applying after grid size changes (you should reboot after changing grid size to allow the icon resize to bed in before opening PLM)
    - Fixed themed icons not having a background when applied to the app drawer
    - The overlay will now be reset to the stub when resetting, allowing a clean Magisk module uninstall
    - Fixed crashes
    - Updated Romanian translation, thanks ygorigor

How It Works​

Interested in how Pixel Launcher Mods works? You can read all about it here

Old versions, which can only be used on older versions of Android than 12, can be found here

More Themed Icons (Android 12)
    On Android 12, you can only change apps' themed icons to icons already in the Pixel Launcher. You can add more icons to the launcher using Magisk modules that provide an overlay, such as this one.
    Just released an update, version 1.1. Changes:

- Added option to clear all icon and label changes without having to clear data of the launcher (so without losing your homescreen layout)
    - Added Chinese translation thanks to shuaiwen shen
    - Reapply option when launched from the app shortcut no longer appears in the recent apps

Is on Labs so you can either update using the XDA app or download the APK manually from the labs page here
    New build 1.1.2:
    Changelog said:
    - Support for Android P and the new Pixel Launcher build in it
    Updated to v1.3.1, added support for Android Q beta 4

Got labs working, now available there :)