[APP][ROOT/ADB][10][11/Oct] DarQ: Per-app selectable force dark option for Android 10

darhma

Jul 1, 2016
I am on rooted 1+7tpro5g LOS 17.1, been using Darq 1.2 since forever, magisk stable updated today to 21.3 and now Darq refuses to run, I've tried removing/uninstall after clearing the cache & data, reinstalled granted root & accessibility and darq repeatly asks me to run adb script & saying the service is not enabled

Edit, I had a twrp backup with magisk version 20.4, restored that boot image and DarQ is again working as expected,
I'm facing the same issue with magisk 21.3 (21300) and the issue is present also with another similar app (autodark) so I think that's an issue of magisk

IronDwarf

Nov 1, 2013
Hello, im on Android 10 and my phone is Rooted but DarQ is not activating.....!!!
After activating the accessibility service and back to the DarQ app it showing that phone is not rooted......!!!! Can anybody help
I found out that if I updated root then I have same problem. I went back to 2.0.4 and it works again.

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
As far as i remember i havent modified build prop
Btw there's no such string
Should i add it?
Oops, ro.product.manufacturer not ro.build. It's there on my OnePlus 7T Pro, also you should be doing "getprop" in the terminal as build.prop is only the static values defined by the system and Magisk can change those.

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
I have a request, I am using 1.2 have been for a few phone models, I am rooted this trip on 1+7tpro5g LOS 17.1, magisk 21.4

The app works fantastic always has, unrooted or rooted, the app is unmatched!

I've noticed that one app doesn't respond to enabling dark mode, "Dubox" mobile app. I am not going to pretend I know how the Darq app woks lol, but it would be cool for this singular app, to be dark, everything else works flawless!

Hope everyone is healthy and safe,

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I have a request, I am using 1.2 have been for a few phone models, I am rooted this trip on 1+7tpro5g LOS 17.1, magisk 21.4

The app works fantastic always has, unrooted or rooted, the app is unmatched!

I've noticed that one app doesn't respond to enabling dark mode, "Dubox" mobile app. I am not going to pretend I know how the Darq app woks lol, but it would be cool for this singular app, to be dark, everything else works flawless!

Hope everyone is healthy and safe,
Either it'll work using the global force dark option (the one with the bug icon), it'll work with the Xposed module enabled (which is in 1.3 and prevents an app disabling force dark) or it unfortunately won't work at all (some apps have their own tricky workarounds that can't be bypassed easily).