[App][Root] Bootiful - Set custom Boot Animations for Android 10 / 11 (requires Magisk)

Search This thread

L3the

Feb 23, 2021
Hey everyone,

so one of my friends was trying to figure out how to set a custom animation on Android 11. The apps which were avaiable on the playstore didnt work anymore starting from android 10, so we decided to create our own app. (Also sorry, this is my first post here ^^)

Requirements:

- Have your smartphone rooted with Magisk

To use the app pick one of the 200+ animations (more to be added, and eventually a custom upload feature coming too...) and install it like any other module. Thats it!

LINK (Google Playstore) >> Bootiful - Custom Bootanimations in Android 10+

1614099358630.png

Known Issues:

- Doesnt support QMG (Samsung Bootanimation) as of now (we are working on that)
- MI A3 doesnt override boot animation https://xdaforums.com/t/app-root-bo...d-10-11-requires-magisk.4238141/post-84557499

Last edited:

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
Thanks, but it did not work on Mi A3 Android 11. The modules install correctly, but the default bootanimation is always there when restarting.
By the way, it would be good to have an option to backup the original bootanimation.

Reactions: L3the

L3the

Feb 23, 2021
Thanks, but it did not work on Mi A3 Android 11. The modules install correctly, but the default bootanimation is always there when restarting.
By the way, it would be good to have an option to backup the original bootanimation.

Thanks for the info, we will look into this :) Do you have any additional information you could give us for further testing, that would be great!

• Love
Reactions: ramzitunisia

L3the

Feb 23, 2021
Will this work on Samsung models like US S20 lines?

In theory, as long as Magisk runs on your phone, it should work. Since Im a student, i dont have that many devices to test (just a new One Plus) and therefore I cant assure it.

There are probably some issues still hidden and getting to know them is the most important step to fix them, so testing it on various devices would do us a great job ^^

Smartphones13

Apr 30, 2013
In theory, as long as Magisk runs on your phone, it should work. Since Im a student, i dont have that many devices to test (just a new One Plus) and therefore I cant assure it.

There are probably some issues still hidden and getting to know them is the most important step to fix them, so testing it on various devices would do us a great job ^^
OK. I will test and let you know.

Technical

Jun 2, 2008
Thanks for the info, we will look into this :) Do you have any additional information you could give us for further testing, that would be great!
Any module is correctly installed and seems to be loading correctly, but the bootanimation is the same.

Attachments

• magisk_log_2021-02-25T19_10_42Z.log
    52.9 KB · Views: 60
  • magisk_install_log_2021-02-25T19_07_43Z.log
    778 bytes · Views: 51
Reactions: L3the

L3the

Feb 23, 2021
Doesn't work for me, stock boot animation still plays. Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro running PixysOS (Android 10). Thanks though!

Hey there, if you could provide me additional information like logs that would be great :) Thanks for the response!

Also to add: Thats the second Redmi, so I guess its definietly some issue like with samsungs qmg. I will check on that!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

so one of my friends was trying to figure out how to set a custom animation on Android 11. The apps which were avaiable on the playstore didnt work anymore starting from android 10, so we decided to create our own app. (Also sorry, this is my first post here ^^)

Requirements:

- Have your smartphone rooted with Magisk

To use the app pick one of the 200+ animations (more to be added, and eventually a custom upload feature coming too...) and install it like any other module. Thats it!

LINK (Google Playstore) >> Bootiful - Custom Bootanimations in Android 10+

1614099358630.png

Known Issues:

- Doesnt support QMG (Samsung Bootanimation) as of now (we are working on that)
    - MI A3 doesnt override boot animation https://xdaforums.com/t/app-root-bo...d-10-11-requires-magisk.4238141/post-84557499

Any module is correctly installed and seems to be loading correctly, but the bootanimation is the same.
    Works great on aosp (Shapeshift os Android 11) on xiaomi mi10. Thx !