• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][ROOT] Brightness Tweak

Search This thread

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
Can someone PM me the apk or give me a link - I cant find this anywhere and it's just what I need! tnx

edit - forget that - downloaded now !

Wow - this app is amazing !

Last edited:

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
@zegoo - I have to confess - I have just installed Xposed and Gravitybox and there is a far superior mod in Gravitybox that works 100 times better than this with no battery drain !

zegoo

Feb 21, 2010
@zegoo - I have to confess - I have just installed Xposed and Gravitybox and there is a far superior mod in Gravitybox that works 100 times better than this with no battery drain !

I am using the apk because i can't do by a different way cause my phone is a Kyocera KC-S701 which is so very bright at its lower level and so very brighter in its higher level.
10-255 !!!
10 is too much for me. 5 is just as i want for a kindly reading. And no battery drain further more.

If i have a way to install Xposed, i'll do it. ;)

Reactions: fierogt42

fobtob387

Jan 28, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
A shame to see this amazing tweak abandoned, was extremely useful. Are there any alternatives to lower the brightness further than default on Android Q?

Wasn't able to find the tweak in Gravitybox that you were referring to, I assume it must've been removed in the latest version(s).

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
A shame to see this amazing tweak abandoned, was extremely useful. Are there any alternatives to lower the brightness further than default on Android Q?

Wasn't able to find the tweak in Gravitybox that you were referring to, I assume it must've been removed in the latest version(s).

I use a OnePlus 5t now and for me these tweaks are not necessary as the Brightness on the OP5T goes amazingly dark as standard!
I use Gravitybox and you are indeed correct the Brightness Tweak seems to have been removed unfortunately...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

oDZfeVU.png

Brightness Tweak allows you to reduce your screen brightness below the android specified minimum.

Android places certain limitations on screen brightness not allowing you to reduce your screen brightness to the minimum level. This app will allow you to reduce your brightness to the minimum as soon as it detects that the brightness has hit the brightness limit.

On a device I tested, I found the following,
    System Minimum (Normal Mode) : 7
    System Minimum (Power Saver Mode - Lollipop) : 3

This app will allow you to reduce your screen brightness to 1.
    If you are using CM12+ based ROM (May 20 or newer builds) the app will use the CM Tile which you can use to enable or disable the service. On all other devices a notification will be displayed allowing you to do the same. I made this app because the system's minimum brightness was still bright for me and would strain my eyes in a dark room.

Features
    • Relies on the system informing the app about brightness rather than polling.
    • Utilizes CM's Tile API. So no clutter in your notification drawer if you use CM

Limitations and Known Issues
    • If you have set a minimum brightness below the system specified limit, there will be a delay of 1 second or so to apply the brightness after you switch on the screen. This is a limitation and nothing can be done about it as of now.
    • The app may slow down the entire system if root permissions were not granted in a few seconds. if this happens just swipe away the app from the recents menu. The brightness service is not affected by this and will continue to run.

Download

App available on XDA Labs Download XDA Labs

APKs available in Downloads tab above

XDA:DevDB Information
    Brightness Tweak, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Arbusk

Version Information

Created 2016-03-18
    Last Updated 2016-03-20
    @Arbusk Since you're not developing this app any more, would it be possible to release its source code?
    Update for pie please
    Thanks for this @Arbusk. I wonder if you can comment, can this be made into a magisk module, and then be a semi permanent change, no service needed?
    Update for Oreo please?