[APP][ROOT] build.prop Editor v2.0

Search This thread

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
build.prop Editor v2.0

I'm not responsible for any problem caused by editing the build.prop file. I've tested the app and haven't bricked my phones.

Screenshots:
MthRN.png
XM6gO.png

Requirements: This app is compatible with 4.0 or newer and of course needs root access to write to your Android's /system directory.

If you have any issues or feature requests (or just want to be awesome and contribute to the project) head over to GitHub and open a new Issue.

Last edited:

chakar.dee

Sep 2, 2010
Can u add a link to the *.apk file ? I'm using tapatalk, can't download from a link barcode, thx....

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk

Reactions: sufie cruise

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
Just curious: does this app provide a description of what each of the items is used for? If not, that would be a nice feature to include down the road. :)

Reactions: pancham864

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
Nice but could you add build.prop improvements/fixes so we could download your app and improve wifi speed etc..

y0himba

Sep 16, 2008
In a house.
www.y0himba.net
THANK YOU for this. You have no idea how hard it is for unskilled people like myself to use ADB to push things around. (Although it is made easier by the good folks here at XDA)

Will it do an automatic backup of the original build.prop, and then separate backups of each change?

EDIT: Not automatic, but it allows for backups. WOW! NICE!

Last edited:

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Just curious: does this app provide a description of what each of the items is used for? If not, that would be a nice feature to include down the road. :)

Added that to the TODO list. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Nice but could you add build.prop improvements/fixes so we could download your app and improve wifi speed etc..

I can try that for sure. Thanks for the suggestion!

THANK YOU for this. You have no idea how hard it is for unskilled people like myself to use ADB to push things around. (Although it is made easier by the good folks here at XDA)

Will it do an automatic backup of the original build.prop, and then separate backups of each change?

EDIT: Not automatic, but it allows for backups. WOW! NICE!

I'm working on a save file dialog that will be used to backup different versions of the build.prop with the name the user wants. :)

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
as i already mentioned to you, when i go back to the properties, it doesn't take me to the old location, instead takes me to the top, not a big problem tho, but nevertheless nice work!

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Does your app make a backup of file edited? I believe, it would be nice (and avoid any inconvenience caused by editing)

It does a backup to /sdcard/build.prop.bak :)

as i already mentioned to you, when i go back to the properties, it doesn't take me to the old location, instead takes me to the top, not a big problem tho, but nevertheless nice work!

Yup, I'm working on that mate. :)

anorris666

Jan 29, 2012
Atlanta
Cool idea. Spelling is wrong on the "Discard" button (it says 'Discart'). :)

It would be even cooler if the app could display a two-column view of properties and their values, but other than that it IS nice to have an editor straight to the file vs. the longer way to get there.

Top Liked Posts