• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP/ROOT] CheatDroid - Shared Preferences Editor

Search This thread

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
Hi there!

In the last few weeks I developed a little toy which might especially be interesting for developers or "hackers". And since most of the users here are at least technically interested, I found that this forum might be the right place to introduce this app.

» Official Website
» XDA Labs App Page

A video says more than words:
» Demonstration Video on YouTube

Download
» https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/download/com.androidcheats.cheatdroid

Screenshots
6afa2c91-bd7b-4f14-afb3-733190bd4fd7.png
07f90928-3fd3-46b4-a29d-f388d086ec97.png
0b7983d3-50c8-4b80-8940-c10f66daae4b.png

5c85342c-5da5-40ef-92bf-5f59c71da5b8.png
5bc9d2ba-e091-4c02-980c-c3c1eec68266.png
e5c808e4-9e38-4383-8096-8c0d216c4ac2.png

Last edited:

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
Why don't you try out yourself? However, I checked out Drag Racing and unfourtunately it seems like that game at least does not store money via Shared Preferences.

rjfw4cci.png

Anyway, I want to state again that this app is rather developed for scientific purposes and for those who are just curious. I think that quite a lot games unfourtunately do not use Android's Shared Preferences to store relevant data. Try it for such purpose, but I do not want to make any promises. I just emphasized that point in the hope of getting a little more attention, but people do not seem to be that interested in that app anyway.

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
Push once again. Can't believe, that people acually rate this app bad (two stars) because it needs root access! What the ****... However, I do not believe that it was someone from this forum. But anyway - kind of makes me angry, haha. :/

Reactions: Motraghi

clonednull

Mar 30, 2009
Vienna
Push once again. Can't believe, that people acually rate this app bad (two stars) because it needs root access! What the ****... However, I do not believe that it was someone from this forum. But anyway - kind of makes me angry, haha. :/

lol, just forget this kind of feedback mate...
all this kids with ZERO technical background, never ever willing/able to "understand" what they are doing/using
i like the app, will play arround with it before i post some feedback.

anyway thanks in advance and good luck with the app!

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
Thank you, guys. That were finally some constructive and nice comments... :)

Unfourtunately, the majority of Android users, however, seems to be dumb. I just received another two comments. They both rated the app one star.
  • "scheise ...x" (which is german for "sh*t")
  • "f*cken root"
Well, thats some very constructive feedback, I love it. :/ Stupid idiots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samhith mSrivatsa

xyron_2k

Nov 23, 2007
Great app , mate. I am really pleased about it. I'm glad that requires root. Not everyone should have this, if you know what i mean :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
True words. But what am I supposed to do else but checking if the app gets root access at the start and displaying an error if it doesn't? Unfourtunately, there is no option at the developer console to disable the download for unrooted phones. :/

But thanks for feedback. :)

Last edited:

privatesam

Dec 13, 2005
Thank you very much for building this app - I thought it was just what I was looking for! However I have a problem although I'm not sure its necessarily the app's problem. Basically I'm editing the preferences for a live wallpaper which looks in a folder for photos to display. Using your app I can open the preferences file and edit the string relating to the path of the folder. However it has no effect on the app - regardless of whether I open,restart or manipulate the app - all that happens is the preference file gets overwritten with the previous values. Its almost as if the live wallpaper isn't doing a getpreferences call?

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
Hi privatesam. This might be too late to answer, but anyway... Well, I have no idea what could be the matter here. I would make sure that the wallpaper app is not running in the background. I don't know if that helps. I hope so.

Well, friends, I made a small update this sunday. Basically, I just improved the UI a little bit. And - to be honest - I included another monetization method than AdMob, since my income was that bad with those AdMob banners (eCPM at around 0,05 $...) and I put a lot of work into this app. I'm sorry... I hope, you are not mad at me. I just wanted to give it a try (for those being interested, this ad network is called StartApp Mod Edit: Link Removed. - read about it first, for example here).

Again, please don't be mad at me for trying out this more "intrusive" ad network... Most of you won't notice it anyway I guess (using AdAway). :p

Last edited:
Reactions: devilanuj17

null0R

Jan 2, 2011
I did a small update yesterday. I included some support/help texts and removed some intrusive advertisement due to lots of negative feedback and some false virus alerts (still using StartApp, though). And also because of the Google Play Store policy changes, of course.

A also found a video on YouTube. It does belong to me. I distance myself from its content and the shown use. It is somehow a proof, however, that my app works and how it works.

@honza.chlan:
Since no developer is forced to USE Shared Preferences, this app (Toy Defense 2) might use another way to store their settings. For example on some servers in the internet. CheatDroid does not work everywhere.

Last edited:

devilanuj17

Sep 6, 2012
Delhi
sharing my review onplay store here..

With android available as cheap as 50 bucks,dumb people are getting on the train, don't know what root is,andd blame the dev for it,ITS NOT A ROOT YOUR PHONE APP, NEITHER WORKS WITHOUT ROOT,and if you can't get these simple fkin lines in your mind,then God save the devs, BTW,hats off to dev for working,for making my gaming easier and yes it's your right to earn something you worked on by having ads and our right to block them by adaway,hehehe
FYI contributed my full thanks limit to you today,cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: TexazLove

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!

In the last few weeks I developed a little toy which might especially be interesting for developers or "hackers". And since most of the users here are at least technically interested, I found that this forum might be the right place to introduce this app.

» Official Website
    » XDA Labs App Page

A video says more than words:
    » Demonstration Video on YouTube

Download
    » https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/download/com.androidcheats.cheatdroid

Screenshots
    6afa2c91-bd7b-4f14-afb3-733190bd4fd7.png
    07f90928-3fd3-46b4-a29d-f388d086ec97.png
    0b7983d3-50c8-4b80-8940-c10f66daae4b.png

5c85342c-5da5-40ef-92bf-5f59c71da5b8.png
    5bc9d2ba-e091-4c02-980c-c3c1eec68266.png
    e5c808e4-9e38-4383-8096-8c0d216c4ac2.png
    Push. Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Why don't you try out yourself? However, I checked out Drag Racing and unfourtunately it seems like that game at least does not store money via Shared Preferences.

rjfw4cci.png

Anyway, I want to state again that this app is rather developed for scientific purposes and for those who are just curious. I think that quite a lot games unfourtunately do not use Android's Shared Preferences to store relevant data. Try it for such purpose, but I do not want to make any promises. I just emphasized that point in the hope of getting a little more attention, but people do not seem to be that interested in that app anyway.
    True words. But what am I supposed to do else but checking if the app gets root access at the start and displaying an error if it doesn't? Unfourtunately, there is no option at the developer console to disable the download for unrooted phones. :/

But thanks for feedback. :)