[APP][ROOT] Enable Google Now/Assistant with just one click

Search This thread

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
Doesn't work on Android Nougat. It says "Please open Google app at least once!". I've already opened it about ten times but no luck

Reactions: udaan

aliuwr

Mar 2, 2011
Doesn't work on Android Nougat. It says "Please open Google app at least once!". I've already opened it about ten times but no luck

Due to the new security restriction added in Android 7, this app will not working on it.
I will update this app once I upgraded to Android 7。

kanishkad

Dec 1, 2013
Colombo
Due to the new security restriction added in Android 7, this app will not working on it.
I will update this app once I upgraded to Android 7。

@aliuwr Would it be possible to perform the actions manually? I'm also on Nougat & tried other methods such as using VPNs & older Google App APKs with no luck. If it's possible, can you please share the method? It would be really helpful..

aliuwr

Mar 2, 2011
@aliuwr Would it be possible to perform the actions manually? I'm also on Nougat & tried other methods such as using VPNs & older Google App APKs with no luck. If it's possible, can you please share the method? It would be really helpful..

You can try disable SELinux by 'setenforce 0' with root, and run this app again.
If it's successful, run 'setenforce 1' to restore SELinux protection.

Reactions: kanishkad
Oct 16, 2013
It's working on my nexus 5x running on 7.1.1
download the apk and grant root permission, reboot and wait for a few minute, open the google app and the enable feed switch should be clickable by then.
Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNnvIFWQpP2aGszc3lYRWRCSzg/view?usp=sharing

if it didn't work right after reboot wait a few minute and keep checking the google app. it will most probably work on 6.0/7.0 as well.

Last edited:

alberkko

Sep 12, 2016
I've been looking for something like this for years!!!

Please:good: make this compatible for 7.1 as soon as possible. :good:

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
It's working on my nexus 5x running on 7.1.1
download the apk and grant root permission, reboot and wait for a few minute, open the google app and the enable feed switch should be clickable by then.
Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNnvIFWQpP2aGszc3lYRWRCSzg/view?usp=sharing

if it didn't work right after reboot wait a few minute and keep checking the google app. it will most probably work on 6.0/7.0 as well.
Can you make a video about it? I did exactly what you said but it says that the feed is not available in my country

Reactions: prashant.r.shrestha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you who cannot get Google Now/Assistant to work because you live in "Other countries", here's a app that enable Google Now/Assistant very convenient and fast with just one click.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    Google Now Enabler, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    aliuwr

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-12

Created 2015-11-01
    Last Updated 2018-06-04
    This doesn't work for Nougat. However i just did something that worked for me. First i cleared data from google services framework. Then i cleared data from Google account manager and then finally from google app. Then use a vpn app. I used Opera vpn it's very good. Connect to vpn. And simply open google app. And i had Google now enabled. Prior to this it said google now isn't available in your country.

My phone is rooted and running Lineage OS, android 7.1.1

Hope this works out for you guys aswell. :)
    @aliuwr I have published an article about your app. Here it is.
    Great app! it's nice not having to go through the manual process. Any chance for a location history enabler too???

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Please use this: https://github.com/GhostFlying/LocationReportEnabler
    This doesn't work for Nougat. However i just did something that worked for me. First i cleared data from google services framework. Then i cleared data from Google account manager and then finally from google app. Then use a vpn app. I used Opera vpn it's very good. Connect to vpn. And simply open google app. And i had Google now enabled. Prior to this it said google now isn't available in your country.

My phone is rooted and running Lineage OS, android 7.1.1

Hope this works out for you guys aswell. :)
    That actually worked. I didn't think it would be that easy but it worked. Thank you.