[APP][ROOT] kz Torch - Brightness adjustable torch

Search This thread

berkantkz

Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2014
LG G4
Samsung Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390
Wait, im o just dumb enough i cant install this? The google play doesnt have the button to open the app... So it just installs it but does nothing.

Yes. Because launcher category is not present in AndroidManifest. What you need to do is that
  1. go to quick settings toggles
  2. click on edit button to edit toggles
  3. move kzTorch toggle to between visible toggles
  4. hold press it for settings

Edit: Well, I had already told in op what you need to do though. Please read the full op before asking any question, even though I don't hate that.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Edit:

Can we find the source code somewhere?

Source code is already up but I forgot about you.

You can find it here: https://github.com/berkantkz/kzTorch

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone. Just as I was looking to find a way to make flashlight icon in quick toggles to work on Lineage OS 15.1, I found out a way that we can adjust the brightness of flashlight.

It is easy to use. Not complex. Just a seekbar which you can set the level of brightness with and that's all. kz Torch won't be listed in app drawer of launcher. You need to hold down the torch icon in quick toggles in order to go to its settings.

You can find the sourcecode on GitHub. See below for more project information.

I think that's all what I need to say. Go download it from Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.github.berkantkz.kztorch

XDA:DevDB Information
    kz Torch, App for the LG G4

Contributors
    berkantkz, kessaras
    Source Code: https://github.com/berkantkz/kzTorch

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-05-17

Created 2018-07-08
    Last Updated 2018-07-08
    Hello everyone. Just as I was looking to find a way to make flashlight icon in quick toggles to work on Lineage OS 15.1, I found out a way that we can adjust the brightness of flashlight.

It is easy to use. Not complex. Just a seekbar which you can set the level of brightness with and that's all. kz Torch won't be listed in app drawer of launcher. You need to hold down the torch icon in quick toggles in order to go to its settings.

I think that's all what I need to say. Go download it from Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.github.berkantkz.kztorch

it wont need root access if in init i set the files permissions to 777. what do you think ?
    Since i cant find the fix for torch , until we fix it, do you like my idea ?
    Remove root access and me change file permissions ?

Code:
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/led:flash_0/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/led:flash_1/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/flashlight_front/dual_brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/led:torch_0/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/led:torch_1/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/red/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/blue/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/green/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/class/leds/wled/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/bus/platform/drivers/qcom,camera-flash/qcom,camera-flash.85/leds/torch-light0/brightness
        chmod 0777 /sys/bus/platform/drivers/qcom,camera-flash/qcom,camera-flash.85/leds/torch-light1/brightness
    These are all the leds. Wanna do it this way for now ?
    Seems possible but I think it still will require root access for those who do not use your boot image.

In addition, only
    Code:
    blabla/leds:torch_1/brightness
    will be okay since I only used it to write the settings. Never tried the others if they work

What others ?
    It's LG g4 exclusive and I don't see any other development out there.
    Me ThePiGuy and sfx we work together and we have a parallel equal development in our trees

Edit:
    We have two LEDs on the back. You can improve this app more to use one of them or both ;)
    Also if you keep root , it will most likely work for other phones too.
    But in our case , please make root not a must have. Let the app work without root and ask for root if it can't edit the file
    I will test the other paths then

Yeah, I always appreciate your work. I wish I had enough space for LOS15.1 in order to work on the tree.

I guess root always will be must have. Yes, of course it can be unnecessary if the app can write the settings w/o having root access but otherwise, users would need to flash something in order to set permissions on boot up. Or they would need root access for first time in order to set permissions automatically right after boot up.

perfect ! so without root, and if it gives error for file access, ask for root.

Have fun and if you need anything related , don't hesitate to ask ;)
    Seems possible but I think it still will require root access for those who do not use your boot image.

In addition, only

What others ?
    It's LG g4 exclusive and I don't see any other development out there.
    Me ThePiGuy and sfx we work together and we have a parallel equal development in our trees

Edit:
    We have two LEDs on the back. You can improve this app more to use one of them or both ;)
    Also if you keep root , it will most likely work for other phones too.
    But in our case , please make root not a must have. Let the app work without root and ask for root if it can't edit the file

I will test the other paths then ?

Yeah, I always appreciate your work. I wish I had enough space for LOS15.1 in order to work on the tree.

I guess root always will be must have. Yes, of course it can be unnecessary if the app can write the settings w/o having root access but otherwise, users would need to flash something in order to set permissions on boot up. Or they would need root access for first time in order to set permissions automatically right after boot up.