• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[APP][ROOT/NONROOT][OFFICIAL] AdAway v5.1.0

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Hi,

I am a developer support engineer at particle.io. Since about a week ago our api.particle.io was added to your list. Can you please remove it?
Many of our users employ PiHole and your blocklist is preventing them from logging in.

Kind regards,
Chris
Just use dns request logging and whitelist. Simple

Sent from my LG-H910 using XDA Labs

androcraze

Jan 11, 2013
Steven pointed us at AdAway as the source and refused to help unless AdAway removes the URL.
api. particle .io was part of PR13: AdAway/adaway .github. io/pull/13 and can be found here: AdAway/adaway .github. io/blob/master/hosts .txt line 13936.

I can't post links yet; so add github. com to the beginning of the links mentioned above and remove the spaces
https://github.com/AdAway/adaway.github.io/blob/master/hosts.txt

Well, that is correct. Duplicate entries in hosts files due to one being a derivative of the other. So Steve pulls from that one. Heh.... Always wondered where those lists got their references from.

Could you post that as an issue at https://github.com/AdAway/adaway.github.io/issues ?

Are you saying that ads aren't getting pushed from particle.io? At some point, someone felt that ads were coming from there.... Is that no longer an issue?

EDIT: Nevermind. You folks have already added the request and some detail.

Last edited:

nansah

Mar 31, 2015
*.isnssdk.com

BTW, @cnjax was responding to a different user [emoji6]
Holy Smokes! It works like a charm now & I couldn't be happier! Thank a bunch, you are a lifesaver ☺

If Adaway can put the app name by the numerous hostnames, that way we know which apps they are coming from, it will make the troubleshooting so much easier sans all the headache, lol

Thanks once again for the @cnjax clarification ??

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
@PerfectSlayer, I realize you are working on the next major release, but I wanted to draw your attention to a nuisance [emoji39]. In the "your lists", if any of the lists are as long as the screen can display (or longer) the "apply" confirmation covers the bottom two entries.

Could something like, adding padding equal to the height of two entries be added to the end of the list so this doesn't happen, or make the apply confirmation only 1/3rd the width and right justified to allow access to those bottom most entries?

As always, thanks for keeping this project alive!

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
Can you make AdAway more stealthly.. Because many site detect it and apps... So i think next step will be STEALTH :)
Sites may detect that you have blocked ad's, they shouldn't be able to detect what you have installed. No way to fix that with host based ad blocking.
Look into sandboxing the apps that are so invasive that they check for adblockers. Or find better apps.

PerfectSlayer

Aug 8, 2010
blog.hardcoding.fr
@PerfectSlayer, I realize you are working on the next major release, but I wanted to draw your attention to a nuisance [emoji39]. In the "your lists", if any of the lists are as long as the screen can display (or longer) the "apply" confirmation covers the bottom two entries.

Could something like, adding padding equal to the height of two entries be added to the end of the list so this doesn't happen, or make the apply confirmation only 1/3rd the width and right justified to allow access to those bottom most entries?

As always, thanks for keeping this project alive!
Yes, there is a github issue about this.
Don't worry, this part of this app is still there in the V5 so I need to fix it.
I still looking at how to fix it properly ^^' (any idea, I can't change the width of the confirmation snackbar...)

Steven pointed us at AdAway as the source and refused to help unless AdAway removes the URL.
api. particle .io was part of PR13: AdAway/adaway .github. io/pull/13 and can be found here: AdAway/adaway .github. io/blob/master/hosts .txt line 13936.

I can't post links yet; so add github. com to the beginning of the links mentioned above and remove the spaces
There was a big update of the source and this kind of issue was expected. Sorry for the annoyance.
But It was taken care of in the day so update should be coming quick to your users devices.

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Quick question - running 4.3.2 and canary magisk systemless. Adaway doesn't seem to save updates - the update doesn't stick after reboot. I've uninstalled, removed module etc. Any ideas? Thanks
Did you reboot after applying the Magisk Systemless mod, but before applying Adaway updates?