[APP][ROOT/NONROOT] SmartHertz - Control your display refresh rate

Search This thread

Naprzod

Nov 9, 2012
ic_launcher_round.png

SmartHertz allows you to take control of your display refresh rate.

Functionalities:
  • Assign refresh rate per application
  • Assign refresh rate per category
  • Categories are automatically generated
  • Applications are automatically added to categories
  • Lower the refresh rate on low battery
  • Lower the refresh rate when device is locked (useful for ambient display)
  • QS toggle to switch the refresh rate
  • Free trial

Combatibility:

• Android 11+
  • OxygenOS 10+

Instructions:

• Rooted device or OxygenOS 10/11: Just download the application on play store and follow the instructions.​

• Non root:
    1. Install the apk provided here. Ignore the check for update alert!​
To buy the application on non-root version:
  1. Uninstall it​
  2. Download the application on play store (this version won't work)
  3. Buy the license​
  4. Uninstall the application​
  5. Install the apk you downloaded before

I will work on another way of buying the license but is not a priority now.​

How to test it:

Go to Settings -> Developer Options and enable "Show refresh rate". The number should change accordingly to what you have set on the app.

To enable Developer Options, go to Settings -> System -> About phone. Now tap build number several times until it is enabled.

Join Telegram Group!

I hope you like it!

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Whaouooo your apps is just amazing, i buy it now.

I have test for each apps with fps rate on screen (in dev settings) and it work perfectly, 60 > 120 (Mi 11)

I advise to purpose an option for show FPS on screen ;)

Congrat !

Last edited:

Naprzod

Nov 9, 2012

I have test for each apps with fps rate on screen (in dev settings) and it work perfectly, 60 > 120

Congrat !
Thanks a lot, it's really nice to know it is useful for someone out there!

I am really busy trying to make it work on as many device as possible, but I will definitely keep the suggestion in mind for the future!

For now, I will add the developer setting in the description so everyone can test it properly.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
FYI my device is :

Xiaomi Mi 11 Venus (8GB/256GB) - A11 - AOSP ShapeShift - Rooted

Will also try your app an A12 MIUI 13 when Global version will be available ;)

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Naprzod

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Xiaomi Mi 11
indeed nice app, tested on MIUI MMX A12 MIUI 13 Beta, works flawlessly. Bought you a coffee right away! thanks
perhaps in future updates 90hz as an option would be good dont know if its possible. keep the great work

Last edited:
Reactions: Pho3nX and Naprzod

hanschke

Mar 30, 2007
Will be nice if we will get 60,90 and 120 instead of high and low please 🤗

Any other MHz maybe with a Manual Entering Like 50 MHz 😉

Reactions: Naprzod

Naprzod

Nov 9, 2012
indeed nice app, tested on MIUI MMX A12 MIUI 13 Beta, works flawlessly. Bought you a coffee right away! thanks
perhaps in future updates 90hz as an option would be good dont know if its possible. keep the great work

Will be nice if we will get 60,90 and 120 instead of high and low please 🤗

Any other MHz maybe with a Manual Entering Like 50 MHz 😉
Thank you guys!

I am working on adding all display refresh rates rather than high and low. The refresh rates are given by the display so unfortunately I can't add a custom entering 🙁, even if I do, it won't have any effect.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013

Beta release added 90hz and it work flawless mate ;)

So it's on the box soon ;)

Reactions: lil_kujo

Alpha-beta

Aug 29, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11
Please include that when screen not touched for xx seconds ot would revert to lower RR and when playing video on a browser or whatever it would automatically changed to 60hz. And when paused or video stopped it reverts back to 120hz

Reactions: mrjellee and Furma

Furma

Aug 15, 2010
Hey, I can't get the low refresh rate (60Hz) working on my Mi 11 (rooted and running xioami.eu 12.5.16 stable ROM)

I had it working after first set up, but after device reboot it's not working anymore no matter what I try

Otherwise, great app and addition of 90Hz refresh rate was enough to pay for the app
Also agree with @Alpha-beta proposal - automatically lowering refresh rate when device is idle (or when watching a video)

Naprzod

Nov 9, 2012
Please include that when screen not touched for xx seconds ot would revert to lower RR and when playing video on a browser or whatever it would automatically changed to 60hz. And when paused or video stopped it reverts back to 120hz

May be possible on video playback. Regarding to the first suggestion, when you touch the screen after being inactive there would be a delay while switching modes, which would cause a small stutter.

Hey, I can't get the low refresh rate (60Hz) working on my Mi 11 (rooted and running xioami.eu 12.5.16 stable ROM)

I had it working after first set up, but after device reboot it's not working anymore no matter what I try

Otherwise, great app and addition of 90Hz refresh rate was enough to pay for the app
Also agree with @Alpha-beta proposal - automatically lowering refresh rate when device is idle (or when watching a video)

Thank you!

If you have telegram you can write me there and I will help you, if not, let me know and I'll send you a message here.

lasic

May 2, 2013
Warsaw
MI 11 with MIUI 13 doesnt work at all. Beside that, it would be nice to manually add apk to category since vanced apps are not in video cat. Still nice idea and I send you a coffee.

Naprzod

Nov 9, 2012
@Naprzod I don't have telegram, if you need any logs let me know (I will attach them here)
I sent you a PM!
MI 11 with MIUI 13 doesnt work at all. Beside that, it would be nice to manually add apk to category since vanced apps are not in video cat. Still nice idea and I send you a coffee.
I sent you a PM to help you with the issue. Thanks a lot for buying the app anyway, if we don't solve the issue, I can easily refund your purchase.

Reactions: duttyend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher_round.png

SmartHertz allows you to take control of your display refresh rate.

Functionalities:
    • Assign refresh rate per application
    • Assign refresh rate per category
    • Categories are automatically generated
    • Applications are automatically added to categories
    • Lower the refresh rate on low battery
    • Lower the refresh rate when device is locked (useful for ambient display)
    • QS toggle to switch the refresh rate
    • Free trial

Combatibility:

• Android 11+
    • OxygenOS 10+

Instructions:

• Rooted device or OxygenOS 10/11: Just download the application on play store and follow the instructions.​

• Non root:
      1. Install the apk provided here. Ignore the check for update alert!​
    To buy the application on non-root version:
    1. Uninstall it​
    2. Download the application on play store (this version won't work)
    3. Buy the license​
    4. Uninstall the application​
    5. Install the apk you downloaded before

I will work on another way of buying the license but is not a priority now.​

How to test it:

Go to Settings -> Developer Options and enable "Show refresh rate". The number should change accordingly to what you have set on the app.

To enable Developer Options, go to Settings -> System -> About phone. Now tap build number several times until it is enabled.

Join Telegram Group!

I hope you like it!
    Just released beta version on play store with multiple refresh modes now!
    Works fine on KOSP A12, OnePlus 7 Pro. Nice to see this working on Custom Roms since arter97s AutoHZ only works on OOS. Ty

I have test for each apps with fps rate on screen (in dev settings) and it work perfectly, 60 > 120

Congrat !
    Thanks a lot, it's really nice to know it is useful for someone out there!

I am really busy trying to make it work on as many device as possible, but I will definitely keep the suggestion in mind for the future!

For now, I will add the developer setting in the description so everyone can test it properly.