[APP - ROOT] ParrotMod - Fix the 2013 Nexus 7 touchscreen and auto rotate!

parrotgeek1

Feb 14, 2014
parrotgeek.com
Hello, Thank you for this. I can't wait to try it. My only question is, how easy is this to uninstall if need be? I get a little nervous about altering lib files.
EDIT: didn't see other post. Thanks for ad free!
You can just reflash the ROM and gapps without wiping data to uninstall. I'm wondering if replacing libart even gives a noticeable difference in performance.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app

parrotgeek1

Feb 14, 2014
parrotgeek.com
I suppose I'll do that. This mod should be incorporated into all future rom builds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using XDA-Developers mobile app
It could actually more cleanly be incorporated as an 8-line(!) patch to ektf3k.c in the kernel, which is what it originally was, but I wanted it to be as compatible as possible.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA-Developers mobile app

parrotgeek1

Feb 14, 2014
parrotgeek.com
Version 0.9.1 released
(2015-05-13 build)
--------------------------

No longer specifically require TWRP (CWM works now)
Make wording in Xposed message less confusing
Make installation faster
Fix 1 second touch delay when turning on screen
Reduce disk space and zip size (no busybox)
Drop 4.3 support as a result of removing busybox (who cares?)

Same download link, as always.

parrotgeek1

Feb 14, 2014
parrotgeek.com
... stuck on a black screen after trying to reboot. Le sigh, should have made a twrp backup.

How can I uninstall this mod?
WTF? I just tested it!

delete /system/su.d, /system/addon.d/01parrotmod.sh and /system/etc/parrotmod using twrp's file manager
(don't forget to mount system first)

EDIT: do you have Xposed?
Edit 2: Xposed works for me! No black screen here.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2014
WTF? I just tested it!

delete /system/su.d, /system/addon.d/01parrotmod.sh and /system/etc/parrotmod using twrp's file manager
(don't forget to mount system first)

EDIT: do you have Xposed?
Edit 2: Xposed works for me! No black screen here.
Dang, thanks for the quick response man. I ended up doing a reflash at the time, figured it needed it anyway with the slowdowns lately. I'm not sure what happened to make it blackscreen, I was using CleanROM with xposed and elementalx kernel. Nexus 7 2013 of course.

I will definitely test your mod again with the new rom, I'm just waiting to see first if its performance will degrade with the new rom (always is snappy on reinstall, then slows down big time after a few days to a week of usage.)

I read in your OP not to mess with io schedulers in kernel tweaking apps. What is the io scheduler your mod is made for? For instance if I was using the row io scheduler that comes with elementalx, would this conflict?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2014
I'm not sure what happened to make it blackscreen, I was using CleanROM with xposed and elementalx kernel. Nexus 7 2013 of course.

I will definitely test your mod again with the new rom, I'm just waiting to see first if its performance will degrade with the new rom (always is snappy on reinstall, then slows down big time after a few days to a week of usage.)
Hmm still a no-go, black screened again after installing (it does this before reaching the rom loading logo). I made a backup of my system partition before installing. Once reverted boots fine.

Using a freshly flashed ROM, Dirty Unicorns 10.2, built in unicornblood kernel. Xposed not installed this time. Freshly installed apps.

This happens with your latest build of parrotmod. I might try a previous build later.

EDIT - May.09th build works, May13th build blackscreens.

Last edited:
Reactions: grifforama

grifforama

Dec 9, 2009
Hmm still a no-go, black screened again after installing (it does this before reaching the rom loading logo). I made a backup of my system partition before installing. Once reverted boots fine.

Using a freshly flashed ROM, Dirty Unicorns 10.2, built in unicornblood kernel. Xposed not installed this time. Freshly installed apps.

This happens with your latest build of parrotmod. I might try a previous build later.

EDIT - May.09th build works, May13th build blackscreens.
Same here. Black screen.

Sent from my XT1575 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Feb 7, 2014
he changed something about su.d, try the newest stable version of the mod from today. just dirty flash
I asked you yesterday to send me an adb logcat. I can't fix anything until you do it.
No you didn't... you asked grifforama. I don't know how to logcat, and my adb drivers never work properly anyway.

Is there a way to grab a logcat that won't involve adb?