[App][Root] SPenBoardSwitcher 3 - Changing keyboards depending on the S-Pen Position

Search This thread

wpkwolfseye

Jan 22, 2011
Cologne
www.wolfpack.info
Well you have two solutions:

First:
- Open the Apk using Winrar/7zip, go to res/raw/ and extract spenboardswitcher.png to a folder.
- Rename the spenboardswitcher.png to spenboardswitcher.apk
- Use a root capable browser to move it to /system/priv-app/ (solid explorer is awesome!)
- Give it permissions of 644, and ownership of root:root

Second:
- Let the app crash
- Send me a logcat

Tried your first solution, but I have to say I don't understand that. After I did that, what now ? Its not installed that way, at least I dont find it in the App drawer after that. Thats correct right ?

Sorry, not good at these things.

Wolfseye

LegendK95

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Jerusalem
Tried your first solution, but I have to say I don't understand that. After I did that, what now ? Its not installed that way, at least I dont find it in the App drawer after that. Thats correct right ?

Sorry, not good at these things.

Wolfseye

Yeah the installer app is the one who should launch the main app, can you please do the second solution and send me a logcat?

LegendK95

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Jerusalem
but still why try to rename an image to an apk and trying to install that???

The app works this way:

The main app needs certain permissions to work, which only can be obtained if it's in system/priv-app/ (/system/app/ prior to KitKat).
So a solution I came up with is using an installer, which extracts the main app to the needed directory to obtain permissions.
Now the spenboardswitcher.png is not an image, it's actually the apk of the main app. I use .png so that it can't be compressed.

The installer app extracts, renames and places the main app in the location it should be in.

My1xT

Nov 2, 2012
Chemnitz/Germany
hm... a feint to trick android...
this looks intrsting. maybe put an extra manual install guide and attach the apk in the first post or alike...

diminou91

May 8, 2012
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
The service don't want to be installed. I clicked on it and then the button said "launch application" and when I did the only thing that appears is a toast saying "please wait.." and that's it. Always getting this page when I launch the apk.
Any ideas? :)

So in order to make it work I have to delete the .asec file in /data/app-asec. Then I reinstalled the installer and everything work fine! Thanks again for this app, I will buy it when I can :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

XCPTNL

Mar 8, 2014
A very useful app, allowing me to easily switch between Kii Keyboard and Stylus Beta on my Note3. Now if I could just hide the icon... ;)

Raffigator

Jun 29, 2013
I really like this app.
Note to LegendK95 : would be nice to have the possibility to choose also keyboard when the spen is outside but not use to type.
To explain : by default (spen inside) I use SwiftKey. When Spen is out, I use Samsung keyboard, which is able to identify when we use finger (in this case the Samsung keyboard is shown) and when we use the spen (in this case the spen - handwriting is shown). It would be wonderful if I can use SwiftKey when spen is out, and using finger. Handwriting only activated when spen is touching screen...

Envoyé de mon SM-P600 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

sidney21

Jun 1, 2008
Problem on GT-N7105T

Can I have a logcat please?

Hi there,
I have tried to install this app on rooted GT-N7105T (AU 4G) Note 2 with last version of stock firmware (4.3), installed directly from the original zip file in CWM Recovery. The program has been installed, but when I am trying to start it, it shows up for just a flicker of a moment and finishes with a message: Unfortunately, SPenBoard Switcher has stopped.
Do anyone guess, if there is any fox for this? It may be problem of Knox...

Thanks for any help. The program is exactly what I was looking for, and it is a real pity that after all the searching for the right app I can' now use it... :)

Sid

alexnovelli

Oct 8, 2013
Santo André
www.alexnovelli.com
Not working in Note 2 n7100

When I click to install it shows a installation message but when I click to open the app it restarts and shows the install button again...

I'm running Linaro Cyanogenmod 11 rooted.

HELP PLEASE!

2014-03-27%2013.55.20.png

xtendedsis

Feb 21, 2011
On my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N5110) with stock ROM version only 2 that worked since version 3 does not install the service. Thank you.

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
When I click to install it shows a installation message but when I click to open the app it restarts and shows the install button again...

I'm running Linaro Cyanogenmod 11 rooted.

HELP PLEASE!

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N5110) with stock ROM version only 2 that worked since version 3 does not install the service. Thank you.

Here is a temporary solution for all AOSP users until the developer updates/fixes the installer.
Download and flash the following zip file from recovery, reboot and launch the SPenBoardSwitcher app to set up your preferred keyboards.

https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=...xport=download

(updated zip file - Now it installs both the system and user apps)
https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B4ACjWKfxD7wam05bGFHNWpaT3c&export=download

I'm currently using MyScript Stylus Beta with the S-pen and it's working quite fine:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionobjects.stylusmobile.v3_2_store

Last edited:

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London
Here is a temporary solution for all AOSP users until the developer updates/fixes the installer.
Download and flash the following zip file from recovery, reboot and launch the SPenBoardSwitcher app to set up your preferred keyboards.

https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B4ACjWKfxD7waXdza1JVVGRQdjQ&export=download

I'm currently using MyScript Stylus Beta with the S-pen and it's working quite fine:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionobjects.stylusmobile.v3_2_store

oh mate, this is brilliant.
Now working perfectly on my Note 2 running CM11 nightlie
THANK You

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
Reactions: phlooke

ddavtian

Apr 17, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I've just updated the zip file. It now installs both the system and user apps. Please disregard the file posted in my previous post and use this one instead:

https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B4ACjWKfxD7wam05bGFHNWpaT3c&export=download

Have fun :)

This worked great on Note 10.1 2014. But I don't have custom recovery on NotePro 12.2, cannot install zip file. Is it possible to get apk? I don't know how to make one from zip.

Thanks in advance.

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I've just updated the zip file. It now installs both the system and user apps. Please disregard the file posted in my previous post and use this one instead:

Have fun :)

I flash it via recovery. but I don't see the icon to launch it. I see the apks in the /system/priv-app and /data/app... but nothing on my launcher.

running GT-N5110 on CM11

how can I configure it or run it?

Top Liked Posts