[APP][ROOT] Touch screen fixer

Search This thread

SabrWolf

Jan 21, 2010
So i'm one of those that gets the annoying ghost-touch / no-touch screen issues.. (happens randomly during the day)

still unsure how much of a hardware/software problem it is but i have found a way to mitigate it so it no longer happens as often if at all

THIS WONT fix your multi-touch problems (intersecting X/Y points, swype issues etc) but it does make using my phone much less frustrating.

this app requires root, and works on cm11s/cm12/cm12.1/oxygen (actually any version above 4.0 should be fine)

What this does (internally):

Every time your display is turned ON it executes:
  • shell command "cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test"
  • a 50ms vibration to notify the command is done

you can also activate the process manually by just opening the app.

the baseline_test command seems to 'calibrate' the screen touch sensitivity, which helps tremendously in my situation.. and maybe yours, its worth a check.

as always, your mileage may vary.. and here's hoping we could get a real fix for this some day soon (software or not..)

this app was made using Tasker with "Tasker App Factory" (look for it on play), (so simple you could do this yourselves).

and should be ultra light on system resources (if it all)

Have fun.

Attachments

• Touchfixer.apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 56,539

aspico

Apr 12, 2010
So i'm one of those that gets the annoying ghost-touch / no-touch screen issues.. (happens randomly during the day)

still unsure how much of a hardware/software problem it is but i have found a way to mitigate it so it no longer happens as often if at all

THIS WONT fix your multi-touch problems (intersecting X/Y points, swype issues etc) but it does make using my phone much less frustrating.

this app requires root, and works on cm11s/cm12/cm12.1/oxygen (actually any version above 4.0 should be fine)

the baseline_test command seems to 'calibrate' the screen touch sensitivity, which helps tremendously in my situation.. and maybe yours, its worth a check.

as always, your mileage may vary.. and here's hoping we could get a real fix for this some day soon (software or not..)

this app was made using Tasker with "Tasker App Factory" (look for it on play), (so simple you could do this yourselves).

Have fun.

today it was hot outside...and my opo had again these stupid ghost touches...i am waiting for ota cm12 if it dont fix it for me, i will root my opo and flash this, thank you!

linkinorton

Nov 13, 2011
Cool! I'll give it a try. My opo never had touch screen problem on ColorOS, I flashed CM12.1 last week, since then it's been really annoying because of the ghost touches, thanks for the tool!

Reactions: yolovs

Daedulus Minion

Jul 15, 2013
Mumbai

Have fun.
Did you find the hack yourself?

I

ianstump

Can you remove the vibration?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

kalpik

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com

Have fun.
Umm when you do a "cat", you're not actually running the command, right?

Sent from my A0001

Dustdaniel

May 11, 2011
My friend.. if you would have post this just 2 weeks ago.. Maybe I wouldn't sold my OPO...!! I had to do it.. I was really tired of it..

I request a RMA and Onplus approved to send me a new phone.. but I live in Panama City and it wouldn't be easy take it back to US for me.. So I sold it.

If the guy the one I sold the phone ask me about the issue, I will recommend this option..

Now I'm just waiting for my new OPO to be delivered in 3 o 4 days.. I hope won't have the issue..

Best regards

hebl

May 17, 2008
Would you mind sharing the Tasker profile? Or is it simply the shell command and vibration after display on?

Oscar96

Oct 14, 2012
Amazing for me! It solved the problem. Could it be possible to remove the vibration?

cbendan

May 7, 2014

Have fun.

Thanks @SabrWolf.
I like this app, but there is a little annoying delay after you unlock the screen and you can act on the screen. That is, the screen does not respond until the vibration ends. As I said before, it is a little annoying. I don't know if it could be "fixed" or it is inherent to the apk.

I would like to remove the vibration too. There could be two versions, one with and another without vibration.

Albieri[SPAM]

Apr 11, 2012
Vitoria/ES (Brazil)
Is helping me very well.
The problem is not fully corrected, but has helped a lot!
Please do not remove the vibration, it is good to know when you can already use the screen after switching it on.

itfsos

Jun 17, 2012
Rome
I can see an improvement when using this app. I can see it when i have to scroll a long page..but keyboard is still always a little bit unresponsive

marhensa

Dec 17, 2010
Bogor
thank you for this workaround app.

f***ing way to go one plus.
i hate this phone now.

the touchscreen goes crazy after updating to CM12S, when i go outside the touch is crazy.

Reactions: Nizur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have fun.
    New firmware in the latest nightly guys, interesting to see if this fixes issues for any of you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3108861
    My friend.. if you would have post this just 2 weeks ago.. Maybe I wouldn't sold my OPO...!! I had to do it.. I was really tired of it..

I request a RMA and Onplus approved to send me a new phone.. but I live in Panama City and it wouldn't be easy take it back to US for me.. So I sold it.

If the guy the one I sold the phone ask me about the issue, I will recommend this option..

Now I'm just waiting for my new OPO to be delivered in 3 o 4 days.. I hope won't have the issue..

Best regards

my friend what a horrible person you are. u sold a fulty phone to an inocent human being
    That's just a full firmware reset

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
    update to cm12.1 fix issue

Hi all,
    Using kitkat or roms based on cm12.0 ( aka LP 5.0.x) I had the ghost touch issue.
    The fix in this forum only help partially - it makes the screen a bit more responsive - but the issue does NOT disappear complete.
    Plus, while using this forum's fix you've got a delay when unlocking the screen.

As you know this issue can drive you made :mad:.
    I recently updated my OPO to LP rom based on CM 12.1 ( aka LP 5.1.x - 5.1.1_r1 to be specific ).
    I don't know if it's the rom it self, the LP version, the extra kernel that i've installed (AK kernel) OR the firmware update from 09.4.15 - BUT NOW, I DON"T SUFFER FROM THE GHOST TOUCH ISSUE ANY MORE !
    After this update - I don't need to run this forum's fix nor add "persist.sys.use_dithering=2" to build.prop

I hope, that when you'll update your OPO, you'll get back a newly working device.
    I'll be happy to hear your feedback on that.