Search This thread

hazex

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2007
Hi;

We have launched a new app, and we want to give the app for free to XDA community.
We need your help as we have tested in a few devices. should not be any bug, but please report if you find any weird behaviour. We are also listening suggestions if you think we can make better our app. Thanks in advanced!

FMlOPdhRdHZUpbYlXSfSphSyOdGDa5j0l1jr7DkurjiTuFZDqNSFvl8D86awkzoqJvI=w124

Rotate Screen Orientation :

Rotate Screen Orientation is a TRUE orientation locking app that can REALLY LOCK your screen in ANY orientation and also FORCE to LANDSCAPE or PORTRAIT the automatic orientation to override app specific settings. :)

NO rooting required! Works with all Launchers!

SCREENSHOTS:
bTqgOkRqt0R2icU8tN4mR1hTzvP4aj1Ws79t31rVkka_-dfFaO_FICYiErBG440Z8g=h230
MT-yBV9ykBkaAskdomI3M5TzOGIxbpu1xx1pdJu4ZbqdCc8upU8aRw9Hp5amch-bgRg=h230

21Up-mgSZ8PdeYPP_LfwA-mBjac-7JWKG2eZ3h-qDGAr1g7JkFZN_pK_QmwVZQ4mY_9Q
ZTAlZAzncPzV1OIYyDe_NtD49gjaXiJabqL2uPGufcZ7VxBqxhbtyaEfsWk7Kh7JeO0
YyOXwcrtQNHc_FTC25CE488vFNqTkF6yE4pAVHMDQFuFVc-4vhskq0lODOhoIi-hz2Q

Screen Modes:
1. Landscape (Forced)
2. Reversed Landscape
3. Portrait (Same as disabling auto rotate in phone's settings)
4. Forced Portrait (Always in portrait regardless of app!)
5. Reversed Portrait
6. Auto Rotate (forced)

DOWNLOAD LINK :

FULL & FREE - ONLY FOR XDA COMMUNITY :
http://www.loadinghome.net/apk/RotateScreenOrientation.apk

Google Play Links :
Trial ( 7 days) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.loadinghome.rotatescreenorientationtrial
Full version (paid version): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.loadinghome.rotatescreenorientation

If you like the app, you can rate us at Google Play, we will appreciate it.

Note : The Full and Free version is only for XDA community. You can download directly from our server. Please do not share the apk link, you can share the Google play trial or paid version links. Thanks for your comprension.

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Thanks for the share mate.
One question, i already use "Ultimate Rotation Control", how does it compare to it (besides the fact that it's cheaper) ?

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
One question, i already use "Ultimate Rotation Control", how does it compare to it (besides the fact that it's cheaper) ?

Hi;
Good question. I was going to use the app that you mentioned but it request unnecesary permission that are not neccesary for this kind of app,
If you compare both apps, we have removed the following permissions :

* Phone calls - read phone status and identity
* Your applications information - retrieve running apps
* Your accounts - find accounts on the device
* Network communication - full network access

We decided to develop a similar app but only using the minimal required permission. We apply this minimal permission policy to all apps that we develop, for example, our game "The Great Fusion" require 0 permissions.

For me , permissions are a strong reasson to decide for an app or other. :)
What do you think about?

hermitprime

Jun 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your app. It works great on my tablet and my phone. But it will be better if you can add a (per app setting). I will appreciate it very much.

metalec1

Aug 23, 2014
help, please

i cant install the app & it isnt the only one i'm triing, whenever i try to install it it said

"there is a problem parsing the package" :crying:

plz help , ty

GLegacy

Jul 7, 2014
Montreal
When it's running I notice I can't install apps the install button won't press can't only install apps after I close the rotation

powdered_donuts

Dec 30, 2010
omaha
Hi I found this thread from a suggestion in the nexus 6 section.
My problem is upside down portrait. If I select forced upside down portrait it works fine but on forced auto I cannot get it to flip upside down. I have all the boxes checked to enable all ways of rotation but it won't go upside down unless I specifically choose that rotation. My goal is for the screen to flip every direction based on how I'm holding the phone. Thanks for a great app I love the lack of unnecessary permissions

Edit I'm on a nexus 6 by the way if you haven't inferred that already lol. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
Hi I found this thread from a suggestion in the nexus 6 section.
My problem is upside down portrait. If I select forced upside down portrait it works fine but on forced auto I cannot get it to flip upside down. I have all the boxes checked to enable all ways of rotation but it won't go upside down unless I specifically choose that rotation. My goal is for the screen to flip every direction based on how I'm holding the phone. Thanks for a great app I love the lack of unnecessary permissions

Edit I'm on a nexus 6 by the way if you haven't inferred that already lol. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey. Sorry for the lake of replys last months. We have been working on a new app.
We find your suggestion very good and we think we can develop it eassily, we will try to update the app in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for your reports, we really appreciate it.

Btw, if any one want to try or newest app is callled "Smart Unlock" and it is used to remove lock security when connected to trusted wifis or bluetooths. I will try to open a thread on XDA soon.

Xaverian64

Oct 18, 2014
Absolutely awesome

Hi there,

tested your app today and I'm totally pleased.
Realy great work guys!

In case of support questions, worked for me on:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-8190)
Cyanogen Mod, Android 4.4.4 (credits to our Forum Member Maclaw)
(Just to make it clear: The support for the rotation of the launcher itself (and probably all the rest, too) is build in. I deactivated the inbuild option and used the app instead.)

Sony Xperia Z3 compact (D5803)
Stock with Xperia UI, Android 4.4.4

Vaykadji

Jan 19, 2013
Namur, Belgium
thanks a bunch !

App is great :) As mentionned before, it's a little sad that reverse portrait doesn't work with "forced auto", but that's not a really big deal.

So, I can report: works good on Moto G (2014) and Android 5.0.2, and also with Google Now Launcher.

Another improvement that would be nice: hide the icon from the drawer.

Thanks again, great app <3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi;

We have launched a new app, and we want to give the app for free to XDA community.
    We need your help as we have tested in a few devices. should not be any bug, but please report if you find any weird behaviour. We are also listening suggestions if you think we can make better our app. Thanks in advanced!

Rotate Screen Orientation is a TRUE orientation locking app that can REALLY LOCK your screen in ANY orientation and also FORCE to LANDSCAPE or PORTRAIT the automatic orientation to override app specific settings. :)

SCREENSHOTS:

Screen Modes:
    1. Landscape (Forced)
    2. Reversed Landscape
    5. Reversed Portrait
    6. Auto Rotate (forced)

DOWNLOAD LINK :

Google Play Links :
    Trial ( 7 days) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.loadinghome.rotatescreenorientationtrial
    Full version (paid version): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.loadinghome.rotatescreenorientation

Note : The Full and Free version is only for XDA community. You can download directly from our server. Please do not share the apk link, you can share the Google play trial or paid version links. Thanks for your comprension.

Hi;
    Good question. I was going to use the app that you mentioned but it request unnecesary permission that are not neccesary for this kind of app,
    If you compare both apps, we have removed the following permissions :

* Phone calls - read phone status and identity
    * Your applications information - retrieve running apps
    * Your accounts - find accounts on the device
    * Network communication - full network access

We decided to develop a similar app but only using the minimal required permission. We apply this minimal permission policy to all apps that we develop, for example, our game "The Great Fusion" require 0 permissions.

For me , permissions are a strong reasson to decide for an app or other. :)
    What do you think about?
    Hi;

SCREENSHOTS:

Screen Modes:
    1. Landscape (Forced)
    2. Reversed Landscape
    5. Reversed Portrait
    6. Auto Rotate (forced)

DOWNLOAD LINK :

Google Play Links :

Thanks I have been using this successfully on my FireTV for a while and although it is free here, I am on my way to the Play store to pay for it.
    has anyone found an app that allows auto rotation to reverse portrait (upside down) this works on this app only when we click force reverse portrait... tried out many other rotation apps and none seem to allow auto reverse portrait

http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-rotation-orientation-manager-t2822984
    Found this app, set it to forced full sensor....Don't know how bad the battery drain is though..
    The download link for xda members brings me to a site full ads and no apk in sight. Really appreciate it if that could get fixed.
    Can you try now?