[APP] Samsung Video Editor APK!

Search This thread

the orange bandit

Apr 6, 2010
Texas
www.rickycadden.com
Samsung has released a new Video Editor app for its Galaxy S phones - you can get a pretty detailed walkthrough here: http://zomgitscj.com/2011/02/08/zom...ged-video-editor-for-your-android-2-2-device/

5427675879_946ae9f8a6.jpg

Here's the APK: http://www.multiupload.com/SBINJ599VZ and here: http://www.box.net/shared/gz54eltud9

I tried installing on my HTC G2 with Root Explorer and got a simple 'Application Not Installed' response - anyone know why?

Any developers want to help try to port this to work on all phones? It *does* seem to require v2.2 Froyo (which I have).

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
It probably requires Samsung's Touchwiz (or whatever it's called) to work, so it more than likely wont work unless you have a Galaxy S phone.

criticalnate

Jan 3, 2011
Atlanta
It works well on my Vibrant with the Team Whiskey Bionix-V 1.2 Gingerbread Edition ROM, which, as I understand it, lacks TouchWiz. It's more or less just copy/paste clips together with PowerPoint-ish transitions.

Point is it works.

the orange bandit

Apr 6, 2010
Texas
www.rickycadden.com
It works well on my Vibrant with the Team Whiskey Bionix-V 1.2 Gingerbread Edition ROM, which, as I understand it, lacks TouchWiz. It's more or less just copy/paste clips together with PowerPoint-ish transitions.

Point is it works.

Awesome, that implies it should be able to work on other devices - need to find some devs who know how to explore this sort of thing.

aatifsumar

Aug 2, 2010
It doesn't have anything to do with TouchWiz. Since its made by Samsung they've probably done something to ensure it works with just the Galaxy Family.

bradleyG

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Working on my rooted 2.2 captivate. Do you mind if I post this over in the captivate section?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

tesla-k

Jan 23, 2011
is this a new release of the video editor?
bugs fixed?
I downloaded it about a week ago from samsung apps, and the editor fails on export every time.

Reactions: LvDisturbed1

MauiKeitai

Nov 20, 2006
Maui
I couldn't install it on my EVO at all. I'm rooted with stock froyo. Anybody have any success with this much needed app.

Necrosan

Dec 12, 2007
Milwaukee
It doesn't have anything to do with TouchWiz. Since its made by Samsung they've probably done something to ensure it works with just the Galaxy Family.

Really?
It has nothing to do with TouchWiz?
Did you guys not look in adb logcat when attempting to install this?

Code:
D/PackageManager(  305): Scanning package com.sec.android.app.ve
E/PackageManager(  305): Package com.sec.android.app.ve requires unavailable sha
red library touchwiz; failing!
W/PackageManager(  305): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.sec.andr
oid.app.ve-1.apk

ii Candor ii

Apr 19, 2008
Will give this a shot once video is working on CyanogenMod 7.

Sent from my HTC Desire running Gingerbread

tesla-k

Jan 23, 2011
yay! succesfully exported an edited movie (33sec 720x480) on my unrooted SGS!!!
it seemed to hang at the 90% mark during export, screen timed out (battery saving settings) but when I awoke the phone... the video editor had done its magic.
Nice!

tesla-k

Jan 23, 2011
Anyone care to post their results for review. Wondering what the quality is.

ok, here's a sample of video editor's export...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77OLoJxVm-U
All done from my unrooted Samsung Galaxy S i9000
I recorded at 720x480, exported at same resolution.
movie is only 6Mb for 52sec, so the quality degrades (?) Looks fine on the phone, though!

firts bit has the sepia effect, second bit is a still image (plank) third bit is without effect applied tot it, last bit has grayscale effect applied.
some things I son't like about the app:
- can't add titles to movie (no type tool)
-transitions work but not on a moving image (it just freezes the last/first frame as a still image and then applies the transition)
-you can add a soundtrack, but it does not replace the original soundtrack but adds it to the recorded sound.
-export is vague! it seems to hang on 90%, but apparently does work...

some things I like:
+well it's an editor! and it works!

Top Liked Posts