[APP] Screen Off

Search This thread

armenh72

Jan 4, 2009
New York
thanks for creating and sharing it.

Does this permanently replace power button functionality? Is it possible to create a standalone icon, so that I can assign it to a button and use it when i need it.

In general, are there standalone apps that allow to toggle Screen on/off, Suspend on/off, Screen+Suspend on/off?

virgilp

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Romania
@armenh72: It does not replace the power button because the button puts the device to sleep. You can assign the shortcut for this application to a button only to turn off the screen.

I have developed also an application that puts the device to sleep but it not posted on xda. If somebody is interested, I will post it.

virgilp

Jul 30, 2009
Romania
@the show stopper: I don't have this problem on my HD. Are you sure there's not something else blocking your calls?

ephestione

Mar 23, 2008
Rome
www.ephestione.it
Thanks for that work!

HD2-owners might also try Hd2ProximityScreenOff-0.2.CAB (
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=624206), which switches the screen off using the proximity sensor. As a lazy guy I prefer that :)

Regards, Franky

that one is not the same at all of this... but would be great IF that worked, it's got several bugs and the author, exidler, is not around to fix them :(

Anyway @virgilp great little nifty utility, if only you published it sooner!
I was in need of something like this and in the end I settled for xdashutdown.exe /lightsout which does the exact same thing, but being a fan of essentiality as I am, I would have preferred an even smaller app to do JUST that.
Anyway, since now I already integrated xdashutdown in my sashimi routine, including longpress end key shortcuts and all, being the lazy person that I am I don't think I will be switching to this :D

Guus_

Nov 10, 2008
My screen goes automaticly to the CHT lockscreen after running Screen off. Lock on standby is enabled at CHT-editor, but since this program only turns the screen of, why does it go into the lockscreen? Now I still can't listen to YouTube with the screen off!

Does anyone know how to stop the lockscreen from popping up with using this app? Any input is welcome!

EDIT: GoToSleep_v100.cab solved the problem !!! Thanks for sharing! :D

EDIT 2: Not working, with YouTube for example, the music stops when I run the program.

Last edited:

mkucuksari

May 11, 2008
Hi,

Many many thanks for this great application :) I was looking it for a long time :)

Regards

Johev

Aug 23, 2009
Brussels
Thanks for the program. I installed it, but had not have time to test it yet.

I would like to ask one thing, will this keep my wifi turned on even if I turn of the screen with the suspend button (normally the power button pressed once, turns off the screen), or only when I use the shortcut of this program to turn off the screen?

Keep up the good work :)

virgilp

Jul 30, 2009
Romania
@Johev: Normally, the power button pressed once not only turns off the screen but it also puts the device to sleep and disconnects the WIFI. If you press the power button it will disable the effect of Screen Off.

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
Can you say what is the diference with the app " Turn off the light" ? i use ths from years and work cool so if you tell us what is the diference will be awesome.. does Turn off the light do the same i mean just off the lights or the phone go to sleep mode?
I found this litle app in Modaco befor long time so im not the creator of the app and all credits go to HIM :)

Will be awesome if someone create application the Phone to go in Sleep Mode this will be awesome, because you will not need to use always the power button and break it after some long usage.. you just simple can assing some softkey button to the Sleep model and when you press the device to gointo sleep.

Attachments

• TurnOffTheLight.CAB
    14 KB · Views: 78

virgilp

Jul 30, 2009
Romania
@tsalta:I'm sorry but and don't know if there is a difference from this application because now it's the first time I've heard of TurnOffTheLight. But even if they are the same, it's not the first time there are multiple WM applications that do the same thing. Each user is free to use the one he wants :)

The application to put the device in sleep mode it has been on my blog since last year (http://www.lavirgil.ro/2009/06/windows-mobile-backlight-off/). The post is in Romanian and I don't think that helps you :) but you can download the application from below:

Attachments

• GoToSleep_v1.0.CAB
    71.9 KB · Views: 66

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
@tsalta:I'm sorry but and don't know if there is a difference from this application because now it's the first time I've heard of TurnOffTheLight. But even if they are the same, it's not the first time there are multiple WM applications that do the same thing. Each user is free to use the one he wants :)

The application to put the device in sleep mode it has been on my blog since last year (http://www.lavirgil.ro/2009/06/windows-mobile-backlight-off/). The post is in Romanian and I don't think that helps you :) but you can download the application from below:

Thank you i was looking exactly for a SLEEP MODE.

About the Turn Off the light i think is very old app made 2007 or 2008 year and like i say i found it in Modaco befor long time.. of course there always have few apps that do the same:)

Thanks

P.S WOW the Sleep Toggler is very FAST :) The Screen Off the light have litle delay when you press it around 1-2 seconds the Sleep mode that you give me just do it imideately THANK YOU very very much for this.. when i google Sleep Mode toggler etc i didn`t know that already is avalible this app :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first WM app that I've developed about a year ago and I thought I post it here maybe someone else will find it useful.

This application simply turns off the screen on the device, without putting it to sleep. I use it to save battery when i connect my phone to the PC to sync or to copy large amount of data.

It was tested on HTC Touch HD with WM 6.1 and 6.5.3.
    It DOES NOT require .NET Compact Framework. Just install the cab and launch the shortcut from Programs.

Remark: Some programs, usually media players, use a backlight keep-alive feature. Be sure to turn off this feature in order for the Screen Off application to work.
    * iGO8 users, check out this post by Tom Lenferink. It worked for me. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4382598&postcount=7
    * For TOM TOM, check out this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=412321

Enjoy! :)