[APP] Screen Off

Search This thread

miland

Aug 7, 2007
Brno
It doesn't work on 6.5.3 COM5 HCT HD2

I start tomtom, than press home button and start screen off. when I press any button, and activate tomtom via task manager, all satelites are lost and application is not working.

I've disabled all locking sw on my device, so it must be caused by screen off. Because when I minimalize tomtom and activate it back via task manager, it is working with satelines on.

Where is the problem?

virgilp

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Romania
It doesn't work on 6.5.3 COM5 HCT HD2

I start tomtom, than press home button and start screen off. when I press any button, and activate tomtom via task manager, all satelites are lost and application is not working.

I've disabled all locking sw on my device, so it must be caused by screen off. Because when I minimalize tomtom and activate it back via task manager, it is working with satelines on.

Where is the problem?

Have you tried the thread from the first post? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=412321

young blade

Oct 18, 2008
Rotterdam
@armenh72: It does not replace the power button because the button puts the device to sleep. You can assign the shortcut for this application to a button only to turn off the screen.

I have developed also an application that puts the device to sleep but it not posted on xda. If somebody is interested, I will post it.

please post it..:D

touness69

Jul 23, 2008
Lyon
it doesn't work for me too, I launch a download in Opera 10 through wifi and when a click in Screen off the download stop a few second after...

boondoklife

Jun 25, 2010
Is there any chance that you could make this a toggle type application? I want to use this as my power button function but can not as one has to use the power button to turn the screen back on. If the application could sense the screen is off and turn it back on the next time it is launched then my issue would be resolved.

Thanks

lusjash

Oct 18, 2009
Busan, Korea
Thanks

Thanks a lot!! exactly what i needed. I was suggesting to include a toggle like this in energy ROM and was kindly directed to your app! Thanks again. No more useless lit-up screens during activesync and GPS searchups among much else!

jym1975

Mar 17, 2011
Is there any way to use this app in an automated way? I mean to switch automatically screen off after a defined period (1 minute)

BorisMKD

Jan 10, 2012
Gevgelija
I can sonfirm that the 3 apps mention here (GoToSleep, ScreenOff & TurnOffTheLight) are working in Samsung Omnia i900 running custom WM 6.5.3 ROM. GoToSleep and ScreenOFF turns off the device almost instantly (doesn't matter if you install them to Device memory or My Storage).
GoToSleep - Turns off the device very quick, almost instantly, but no other button can get back the device On except the Power Button on the top. So that means pressing the power button again. What I notice is when you wake up the device, the waiting cursor keeps running for 1-2 seconds.
ScreenOFF - as GoToSleep, turns the screen off instantly but again you have to press the Power Button to get the screen back on. If you press any other button on the Omnia i900 it will just do its thing but you cannot see what becouse the screen is off.
TurnOffTheLight - is the same as ScreenOff, exactly the same behavior, but only thing is that when you press the icon to turn the screen off, it need 1-1.5 seconds to turn the screen off. Again, you have to press the Power Button to turn the screen back on.
All three apps doesn't lock the device like its set from the same device in the setting when turning the screen off to actually lock the device and when you press any button on the phone the lock screen to come. That would be very good adding to all 3 apps, especialy my favorite GoToSleep.
On the other hand, all 3 apps are just great. Thanks for the developer and I know this OS i already dead and I also know that the developer already forgot about this apps, but I just needed to give my observation about these apps. God bless you! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first WM app that I've developed about a year ago and I thought I post it here maybe someone else will find it useful.

This application simply turns off the screen on the device, without putting it to sleep. I use it to save battery when i connect my phone to the PC to sync or to copy large amount of data.

It was tested on HTC Touch HD with WM 6.1 and 6.5.3.
    It DOES NOT require .NET Compact Framework. Just install the cab and launch the shortcut from Programs.

Remark: Some programs, usually media players, use a backlight keep-alive feature. Be sure to turn off this feature in order for the Screen Off application to work.
    * iGO8 users, check out this post by Tom Lenferink. It worked for me. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4382598&postcount=7
    * For TOM TOM, check out this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=412321

Enjoy! :)