• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP]SensorMaze - a little game

Search This thread

cgeboers

Jan 8, 2008
Schriek
I wrote this little program, called SensorMaze. It generates mazes and allows you to steer a little blue dot using the movement sensors in the HTC Diamond. It is based on the original SensorTest program and since it has been a while since I programmed for any PDA, it is a bit simple.

Usage:

Try to send the blue dot to the red dot by tilting your Diamond in the required directions.

Commands:
- New Maze: create a new maze in the same level
- Next Level: increase the complexity.

As mentioned, it is my first attempt, so there is still some work that needs to be done.

TODO:
- Implement timer, so you can compete against yourself
- remove the "Position" text and replace with timer output
- MessageBox instead of Dialog ?
- Replace the blue dot with a "ball" like structure
- Release the source code (after cleaning it a bit more)

Question:
When I try to use MessageBox from my code, the MessageBox fails to close and I can never get back to the Shell without a reset. Any one any idea what I could be doing wrong here ?

Changes ( 07-Aug-2008)

- Replaced the target with a cheese and the moving dot with a mouse icon.
- Added some text to show the current level.
- Initial level is lowered, so that kids could play it too.

Screenshots are provided in the attached .png files. I also added the sources, so that other people can see how you can use the acceleration meter

If you like my applications, consider a donation to Koushik.
After all it is thanks to his (and the many other developers) work and readiness to share it that I can write these programs. I (currently) still get enough satisfaction in writing these programs.

Attachments

• SensorMaze-01.CAB
    26.8 KB · Views: 33,441
  • SensorMaze01.png
    SensorMaze01.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 16,728
  • SensorMaze02.png
    SensorMaze02.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,864
  • SensorMaze-sources.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 4,008
Last edited:

keyz86

Feb 12, 2008
Southend
www.facebook.com
just tested, awsome little game! keep working on this! perhaps add some vibration and sound feedback, maybe change the dots to somthing like a mouse and some cheese? if you changed it to a ball it may be too simaler to teeter?

Adam

GeckoDev

Jul 9, 2008
Florida
Question:
When I try to use MessageBox from my code, the MessageBox fails to close and I can never get back to the Shell without a reset. Any one any idea what I could be doing wrong here ?

I haven't had any issues using C#.Net ... what are you writing in? The only thing I can think of is to make sure the MessageBox is shown from the same thread that created the form.

cgeboers

Jan 8, 2008
Schriek
SensorMaze - suggestions

Thanks for the reviews. I will implement the changes, like the mouse and the cheese. I am currently working on an other "gadget" application, as soon as that one is finished I will take care of it.

As for the question about the MessageBox, I use C++ in this program and have a workaround, so I will let it at rest for the moment.

I will try to get some screendumps too later.

hkpeople

Aug 11, 2008
I wrote this little program, called SensorMaze. It generates mazes and allows you to steer a little blue dot using the movement sensors in the HTC Diamond. It is based on the original SensorTest program and since it has been a while since I programmed for any PDA, it is a bit simple.

Usage:

Try to send the blue dot to the red dot by tilting your Diamond in the required directions.

Commands:
- New Maze: create a new maze in the same level
- Next Level: increase the complexity.

As mentioned, it is my first attempt, so there is still some work that needs to be done.

TODO:
- Implement timer, so you can compete against yourself
- remove the "Position" text and replace with timer output
- MessageBox instead of Dialog ?
- Replace the blue dot with a "ball" like structure
- Release the source code (after cleaning it a bit more)

Question:

Changes ( 07-Aug-2008)

- Replaced the target with a cheese and the moving dot with a mouse icon.
- Added some text to show the current level.
- Initial level is lowered, so that kids could play it too.

Screenshots are provided in the attached .png files. I also added the sources, so that other people can see how you can use the acceleration meter

have other sensor game.

taboka

Aug 7, 2008
Ajax
SensorMaze mouse

I love this little game. However I found that in challenging myself and advancing the game to higher levels, the little white mouse became rather difficult to see as he became smaller. Perhaps changing the colour f the mouse or the colour of the paths in the maze. Currently the mouse and the maze are the same colour. other than that the game is great.

Black93300ZX

Jul 23, 2008
Brooklyn
Awesome program, but I feel like I'm epileptic now, the screen was constantly flickering during it, I think it's a compatibility issue with my Raphael. :(

fadoody

Jun 13, 2009
Hi, when i try to lunch the game, i got sensor dll, what shell i do to run the game ? i have samsung omnia i900

gamer1212

Sep 10, 2009
I replaced sensor.dll with Samsung's .. but the problem is still persisting.. what shall i do now?

gokhankeskin

May 19, 2008
It would be nice if this could work on our LGs.
(the working LG sensors.dll created by iamspv at thread number 471591 in this forum.)