[APP][SHIZUKU][30/06] Ambient Music Mod - Pixel Now Playing port

Search This thread

ysiaddv

Jun 28, 2022
Hello, I've a problem, it's impossible for me detect a sound, it's say the sound is unrecognized and when I listened the playback, we dont listen the sound, we listen nothing

EDIT : I've resolved the problem enabling alternative encoding and set gain to default works perfectly

Last edited:
Is it normal for it to be stuck in downloading? It already had the music database yesterday, but when I opened the app this morning it was like that and has been there ever since.
Screenshot_20220628-131952_Ambient Music Mod.png

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Reactions: osm0sis

FedericoLonghin

Jun 29, 2022
I'm currently running on Mi11 Lite 5g NE, Android 12, MIUI 13.0.1, no root
Every time the system work, I can't use the "OK google" voice recognition, if I stop Shizuku the assistant come back working properly.
I saw on your explanation that you're using the same DSP, but I didn't find any warning about it.
aside from this, thank you very much for the work you're doing, you've done a great job, and I hope the project will continue growing!

AyanAlam

May 5, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
There isn't a bundle version of 13.25.7.29 on APKmirror, so you have installed the wrong version. As the guide says, it must be a bundle containing the sound fingerprinter split.
Ooo shoot.... I forgot to read it properly sorry it's my mistake.. should have waited for a bundled version.... Will it work if I downgrade the Google app to a bundled version?

Shakir2004

Dec 7, 2020
Yes, the Lockscreen Overlay works with LockStar (at least on my S10e Exynos, A12, LockStar v2.1.00.27 it does). Make sure to disable "Adaptive Lock Screen Overlay", though.
My lockstar version is newer and yet it's not working for me.
All the other settings are working but for my lockscreen. It just doesn't work. I've disabled the overlay feature as well.

(UPDATE. NOW IT WORKS)

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Ambient Music Mod v2.0.4 & Now Playing v1.0.3 released:

• Added the ability for On Demand recognitions to run without the Magisk overlay module, so long as the device is rooted. You must start Shizuku as root or use Sui to make use of this method, and the overlay is still preferred if it works on your device. Please read the Wiki page for more information.
  • Further improvements to the On Demand overlay, fixing issues on OnePlus devices
  • Fixed the Lock Screen overlay not appearing when Smart Lock is enabled
  • Fixed Alternative Encoding and Lock Screen Overlay colour options not being backed up
Download from GitHub releases as usual

Cryte-k

Oct 24, 2017
Hello .. I was trying it today and it worked very well. but he lacks an option and if it is possible to add it .. for example today on Facebook I saw a video where I wanted to identify a music then I opened it on a pip window and run the application but I think that when it will recognize a music you cannot Use the speaker, which if Shazam could recognize the music .. if I had that option it would be perfect.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Hello .. I was trying it today and it worked very well. but he lacks an option and if it is possible to add it .. for example today on Facebook I saw a video where I wanted to identify a music then I opened it on a pip window and run the application but I think that when it will recognize a music you cannot Use the speaker, which if Shazam could recognize the music .. if I had that option it would be perfect.
Now Playing is not designed to recognise music playing on the device, it's meant for music ambiently playing around you. Use a traditional recognition method like Assistant or Shazam.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried it at 2 and 3 but over half the time the clip is just silence. Most luck I've had so far is with it at 1.1, but it only works randomly. Sometimes it picks up audio played by my 8T (using Poweramp) itself, which it's also not supposed to be able to do. 🤷‍♂️

I'm on OOS11 still, and while I have the now playing and ambient apps on the "don't optimize" battery list, I'm wondering if it's just typical OnePlus background process fu*kery or maybe OOS11 just isn't compatible enough.

Yes that is weird. I tested this mod on a OnePlus Nord 2T (on Android 12) and the music detection works correctly. I had to enable alternative encoding. And I didn't have to mess with the gain setting
    But, unfortunately there's a problem on OnePlus devices that makes the Now Playing History crash :( so I can only see what the last detected song was.
    Ambient Music Mod Banner

Ambient Music Mod is a Shizuku or root app that ports Now Playing from Pixels to other Android devices.

Requirements​

• Android device running Android 9.0 or above (11+ recommended).
    • Shizuku (Android 12+) or root access (Android 9+).
      • Shizuku does not require root, instead needing an ADB command to be run every reboot.

Features​

• Full Now Playing support, based on the latest version from Pixel devices and the latest music databases
    • Automatic Ambient Music recognition, with settings to control how often recognition runs - finding the right balance between battery usage and convenience
    • Now Playing History and Favourites support
    • Support to trigger recognitions manually, including a homescreen widget
    • On Demand recognition on supported devices, using the Google Assistant-backed recognition engine for songs that are not in the local database (must be triggered manually)
    • Show Now Playing songs on the lock screen (accessibility service required)
    • View the full track list of recognisable songs, and change the database location if your taste does not match your device's locale

Screenshots​

Screenshots

Changelog​

- Fixed an issue where on device recognition would not work on some devices using Shizuku

- Added the ability for On Demand recognitions to run without the Magisk overlay module, so long as the device is rooted. You must start Shizuku as root or use Sui to make use of this method, and the overlay is still preferred if it works on your device. Please read the Wiki page for more information.
    - Further improvements to the On Demand overlay, fixing issues on OnePlus devices
    - Fixed the Lock Screen overlay not appearing when Smart Lock is enabled
    - Fixed Alternative Encoding and Lock Screen Overlay colour options not being backed up

- Added armv7 support
    - Fixed crashes on Android 10
    - Fixed an issue where some tracks were not showing up in the track list or in the track count (US database is actually 69k tracks, not 53k)
    - Added an option to change the lockscreen overlay text colour
    - The lockscreen overlay text now has a slight shadow, improving visibility
    - Added caching for updates, which should prevent rate-limit issues. You can force an update check (ignoring cache) by swiping to refresh.
    - Enabled landscape orientation
    - Fixed background crashes in Now Playing, which may help download issues.
    - Improved Magisk On Demand module overlay installing, which may fix bootloops on some devices

Note: Due to issues with the backend database update system, there have been two database updates in the last two days. This is now fixed, and future updates will be timely rather than all at once. Apologies for any inconvenience.

2.0.2:
    - Added alternative encoding option, fixing distortion/crackling on some devices when enabled
    IMPORTANT: You must also update Now Playing to 1.0.1 for the alternative encoding option to work. Use the Updates page in the app to update Now Playing.
    - Increased max gain to 3.0 to cope with new encoding which requires a higher gain on some devices
    - Reduced the chance of audio recording errors
    - Removed "Timeout" notification as it was more useless than it was useful
    - Fixed unclickable Chips on Recognition Success page (eg. Ask Google)

Installation​

Download the latest APK from the GitHub Releases page and install it. Ambient Music Mod will download and install the latest Now Playing APK for you as part of the setup process.

If you have any questions, please read the FAQ before opening a GitHub issue or replying to the thread.
    Isn't android 12 OOS update been out for some time now? Which device the dev is using?
    7T Pro. It's in closed beta.

I gave up waiting because it's ridiculous how long it's taken and am working on 12 support using an AOSP ROM.
    Ambient Music Mod v2.0.4 & Now Playing v1.0.3 released:

• Added the ability for On Demand recognitions to run without the Magisk overlay module, so long as the device is rooted. You must start Shizuku as root or use Sui to make use of this method, and the overlay is still preferred if it works on your device. Please read the Wiki page for more information.
    • Further improvements to the On Demand overlay, fixing issues on OnePlus devices
    • Fixed the Lock Screen overlay not appearing when Smart Lock is enabled
    • Fixed Alternative Encoding and Lock Screen Overlay colour options not being backed up
    Download from GitHub releases as usual
    Ambient Music Mod 2.0 is here, with a complete overhaul including dropping the need for an Xposed module, and even root.

Read more: https://medium.com/@KieronQuinn/now-playing-ambient-music-mod-v2-93cd4042cc11

Download the latest release from GitHub releases

Important: If you are upgrading from Ambient Music Mod 1.x, please uninstall the old version completely including the Xposed module and Pixel Ambient Services and reboot before installing this new version.

-

I've also asked this thread to be moved since it's no longer a Magisk module
    Moved, thanks Badger50!
    Is it possible, to have multiple databases installed?
    Like Germany + US ?
    Not currently, although it might be in the future.