[APP] Shoutcast Streaming App

Search This thread

hlov

Sep 2, 2007
Hi guys,
As I don't have an xm account anymore (xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2954732) I have created a new streaming app (beta for testing), this time the source is shoutcast, tons of free radios.
The app is written in c++ so it runs pretty fast and compatible with wm 5.0 and up, it works in touch screen phones.
Setup:
Download the cab and install on the device.
Usage:
-------------
1. The Categories screen is shown, choose one category from the list and wait until the list is populated (this process just run once).
2. Choose the radio to play; the radio will start to play and then it will try to display the album art in a thumbnail at the bottom of the screen.
Optional
------------
Tap on the album art thumbnail to get a bigger view of it and also have access to the Add to favourites options an to exit to the app.
Add to favourites:
In the larger album art screen tap in the add icon (plus symbol), the station will be add to the favourites list.
Shortcuts:
-----------
Tap on the top label to back to the categories screen at any time
Tap on the status (the bottom label) to exit the application
cheers,
Hlov

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,759
  • RadioPlayer.CAB
    342.1 KB · Views: 7,161
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,372
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,423

hlov

Sep 2, 2007
thanks! works great on HD2. Is there a way to add channels??..I seem to be missing the Trance/Techno stations..:)

Hey,
thanks for the feedback, As I have mentioned in my post this is in beta so u can tweak it :) edit the categories.txt file (make a backup of it first and don't change the first line [favourites]) and add a new line with your preferences, the format is keyword|Display ie: Trance|The best trance
Hope this make sense if not reply me and I'll help u,
cheers,
Hlov

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I think this app is great! Been looking for one for a long time... One question though... anyway you can make it compatible with the crapload of AAC+ stations out there ? I have the accplus plugin dlls from TCPMP if that would help :)

okidem

Jul 9, 2007
Edinburgh
very good app

the best radio app i have ever tried, soo good and fast, wish i could add my own stations..keep the good work up..

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
wish i could add my own stations..keep the good work up..

I second that! Hlov, i would also donate my skin making abilities if you wanted, because i've been waiting for a dedicated SHOUTcast app like this one for ages!

In the meantime i've written MortScripts that query and allow me to auto connect to one of my 4 personal streams with CorePlayer.

Great job! I'll be following this thread like a hawk!

nysoprano

Nov 5, 2009
Where does it search with the keywords?
I added the keyword "stern" for howard stern. and on shoutcast.com, i get different results (the ones i want) than through the player.

edit: Nevermind, just found out how to add my favorite station with using the station id in the radios.txt file.

Great app!!

Last edited:

the show stopper

Jan 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
It doesn't show me any back button or other button and whenever i click ready (in the bottom) or nice one (while the song is playing), the application exits.

but i like the application. i have touch pro2.

Thanx for the application :)

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
Hey,
thanks for the feedback, As I have mentioned in my post this is in beta so u can tweak it :) edit the categories.txt file (make a backup of it first and don't change the first line [favourites]) and add a new line with your preferences, the format is keyword|Display ie: Trance|The best trance
Hope this make sense if not reply me and I'll help u,
cheers,
Hlov

Hi, I am really excited about a shoutcast player for winmo, since I use Spider player radio every day on my computer. Anyway, so I tried to add to the categories.txt and adding known shoutcast genre's worked well. I added "House" and "ambient" and both produced a lot of channels. However when I added something like "piano" it only produced 3 channels. I added a category "skyfm" and it didnt come up with anything.
Can the categories added only be the default shoutcast genres?
Is there anyway to add a search in the program?
Also, For pretty much all the things the search results in the program are different then when doing that search on the shoutcast website

Just a few things I have ran into while using your program. Thanks for all the hard work.

One last thing I remembered after the program does the initial search it caches the results and always pulls those back up. Is there anyway to refresh the results without having to delete the file in the program directory named after the search

Last edited:

ahmedjhang

Apr 14, 2010
works great but it doesnt seem to open all of the folders - like it wont open the "alternative" folder for me...but apart from that great first edition! hopefully you'll refine it some more! :)

it also seems to automatically shut off when the phone turns off after about 1 minute (yes its the settings) but it ought to play like the music player which runs even when the phone is off.

i have an hd2 btw...

Last edited:

AZTX

Jun 26, 2009
Fast & Just works!

This app is great so far! it is quick, simple, and just works! Keep up the great work.