• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] sideActions - Remap the Power / Bixby button on S20!!

Search This thread

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
Thank you for the application.

One thing that I noticed is that. I am using only the Lockscreen volume up and down . When I am in AOD and have the phone in my pocket I can hear sound if I press the volume buttons accidentally.

Phazonclash

Feb 14, 2013
Montreal
Probably a stupid question but... where did you guys download the latest beta (1.17 I assume?!) ? I'm on 1.16, released on januanry 2nd

Last edited:

Phazonclash

Feb 14, 2013
Montreal
Go to the app at Play store, you should find an option of participanting beta tester. You will then have a beta at the top row.

Got it, thanks. For some reason the "Join beta" button wasn't showing up on the Play Store, so I thought you had to d/l the beta apks somewhere and sideload them.

"Join beta" showed up after I uninstalled/reinstalled sideActions

VertigoOneX

Jul 8, 2012
The volume button remapping will get lost after some time. I then have to deactivate the accessibility service and enable it again for the volume buttons. After re-enabling it will work for a short time and stop again. Any solutions? Bixby button is working perfectly fine. Using the coffee/pro version.

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
The volume button remapping will get lost after some time. I then have to deactivate the accessibility service and enable it again for the volume buttons. After re-enabling it will work for a short time and stop again. Any solutions? Bixby button is working perfectly fine. Using the coffee/pro version.
One handed mode kills the volume button remapping. Maybe thats the cause

Reactions: VertigoOneX

VertigoOneX

Jul 8, 2012
Yeah I'm using one-handed mode with gesture activation. Any possible workaround or solution to still use both? I need the one-handed mode cause the device is so big and without the volume buttons only one third of the pro functionality of sideactions is useable for me.

Edit: Just tested it, confirmed, the one-handed mode is disabling volume button remapping.

Last edited:

Jorlin

Jun 5, 2008
This app allows to unlock some more features when connected to the pc and running the sideActions.exe. On my windows PC it tells me that this sideActions.exe contains a trojan virus Trojan:Win32/Occamy.CA7

How can this be?

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
One UI 3.1 (on the S21) has a devices button in the quick actions center that lets you use Google Home devices (not just SmartThings).

Is there any way to launch this devices menu from sideActions (similar to the devices menu I get from the power button on my Pixel 4XL)?

steamb0x

May 4, 2013
@Jawomo incredible work! Phenomenal app you've built. Think about all the time you've helped save your users! Collectively, could be in hundreds of hours by now.

Anyway, I'm having a difficult time troubleshooting a glitch on my note 20 ultra, which by the way works great with sideaction.

Followed instructions, and made several attempts (reverting to normal mode, reinstalling and clearing data for both sideaction and bixby)full activation through PC executable. When setting up power button, the power toggle would switch itself off shortly after.

Any idea for a solution?
Thanks in advance

Edit: I plan on disabling bixby once set up. Is there an app related to bixby that I shouldn't freeze?

rafafischer

Sep 27, 2019
Canoas
www.rafafischer.com
@Jawomo incredible work! Phenomenal app you've built. Think about all the time you've helped save your users! Collectively, could be in hundreds of hours by now.

Anyway, I'm having a difficult time troubleshooting a glitch on my note 20 ultra, which by the way works great with sideaction.

Followed instructions, and made several attempts (reverting to normal mode, reinstalling and clearing data for both sideaction and bixby)full activation through PC executable. When setting up power button, the power toggle would switch itself off shortly after.

Any idea for a solution?
Thanks in advance

Edit: I plan on disabling bixby once set up. Is there an app related to bixby that I shouldn't freeze?

Same issue here, Exynos S21 from Brazil. I set up everything and it works normaly, but after I complete the PC steps, the Swith on App that enable the power button remap don't stay ON, just after I leave the app or enter/exit the remapping settings, the toggle returns to the OFF position and none of the shortcuts works...

ahaynes42

May 23, 2013
EDIT: It's resolved, I guess you can't delete a post on XDA. It was all because the Text-To-Speech engine was set to Google instead of Samsung. Silly.
I'm having an issue trying to get Bixby working again on my S20. I bought a new Galaxy Watch 4 that needs to use Bixby, so I went through all the steps to disable remapping through the PC and re-enable Bixby on the phone. But no matter what I do Bixby continues to not work and just says "Looks like something went wrong. Try again later." First I tried clearing cache, then cleaing data, then booting into safe mode. Nothing gets Bixby to work again. I've double checked that all of my apps are up to date through both Play Store and Galaxy Store. Any other ideas besides a factory reset? I really don't want to go through that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With sideActions you can easily remap the Power Button on your Galaxy S20 to any action or app you like!
    Use the Power Button to mute your phone, turn on flashlight, launch Google Assistant or take a screenshot with just one click!

Optionally you can remap the volume buttons to Skip tracks when listening to music, or whatever you like!

With per app remapping! Use the Power Button / side key to take pictures in camera apps, take screenshots in browser and start flashlight when the screen is off!

To unlock best remapping experience a special permission is needed which can easily be unlocked with the included Windows app or manually via adb if you like!

FEATURES:
    • Double and long press supported!
    • Remap the Power Button / side key on Galaxy S20!
    • Launch Google Assistant with the Power Button
    • Remap the Volume buttons!
    • Per app remapping
    • Turn on the flashlight with the Power Button
    • Disable the Power Button
    • Skip tracks with the volume buttons
    • High performance! No lags!
    • No annoying ads

ACTIONS:
    • Turn on flashlight
    • Take a screenshot
    • Mute phone
    • Answer phone calls
    • Launch Google Assistant
    • Launch camera or any other app
    • Switch to last app
    • Disable the Power Button
    • 35+ actions

NOTES:
    • You can remap the Power Button / side key on your Galaxy S20
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if sideActions is compatible before updating Bixby or phone software!

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
    soon
    Is there a way to keep the screen from turning on while using this with the screen off? I double press for flashlight, but the screen always turns on. Thanks.

Thats not possible currently. Dont know why Samsung is doing this...
    Damn, play/pause is only function, which i use :(
    found a possible workaround, will add for testing in next beta :cool:
    You're awesome, man, I thought I was going to miss my Bixby button, but then you stepped in and had this available day one when I got my phone! Thank you :)
    One handed mode kills the volume button remapping. Maybe thats the cause