[App] sideActions - Remap the Power / Bixby button on S20!!

Search This thread

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Please add compatibility with one 5.0 beta.. thanks!

I had the same issue, but for what it's worth, you can use Routines+ (from Good Lock) to override the side button.

Not quite as powerful as sideActions (can't have one action for lockscreen and another for unlocked), but it's at least functional on Android 13.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220921_181454_Modes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220921_181454_Modes.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 79

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
Will investigate. Whats not working anymore exactly?
After playing around with it for a bit, I did get the app working again. However I have to connect my phone to my PC after every reboot to enable the app permissions to device logs.

EDIT: Also the flashlight extra power is just the regular power one now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126_101552_Android System.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126_101552_Android System.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
After playing around with it for a bit, I did get the app working again. However I have to connect my phone to my PC after every reboot to enable the app permissions to device logs.

EDIT: Also the flashlight extra power is just the regular power one now.
Just tested and everything seems to work normal?

There is no way around new android restrictions unfortunately. Thank you Google!

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
Just tested and everything seems to work normal?

There is no way around new android restrictions unfortunately. Thank you Google!
Yea, that is annoying. But is there a way to at least approve the permissions on the mobile device and not have to plug into a PC and use USB debugging to enable the permissions after every reboot?

JackJoeR

Jan 28, 2012
www.youtube.com
Yea, that is annoying. But is there a way to at least approve the permissions on the mobile device and not have to plug into a PC and use USB debugging to enable the permissions after every reboot?
I might be wrong but at least for me I just have to force stop the app (sometimes twice) then switch the switch back on and it will pop up with the access request on the mobile device, no pc required

Reactions: jbs68 and SvB4EvA

JackJoeR

Jan 28, 2012
www.youtube.com
I guess no, google doesn't want us to use these permissions anymore. Thats why they make it that uncomfortable.
The app works for me when I force close it a couple of times and then the access request pops up without needing to use a pc. Is there anyway of having the app 'reset' on reboot? To save having to do this. Thanks for the app anyway, it's a game changer!

Reactions: m4rkiz and timsah

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
I have an issue with the Sideactions app not working properly with extra power flashlight setting. I have set it to use flashlight (with extra power) on long press but it just turns the normal flashlight on (with lowest power) which is pretty useless. This worked fine before, but now I can't seem to enable the highest flashlight brightness with sideactions. I'm on s21U btw.

This was my only reason of buying this app, and would really appreciate if someone could help me out and solve this.
Same issue with me.

SvB4EvA

Feb 28, 2009
PA
I tried and yes, it works also for me on my S21FE. Thanks for the tips.
@Jawomo I can comfirm that after reboot this does work... Not ideal for sure, but it is better than plugging phone into a PC after every reboot.

The other thing I can not get working it the full power flashlight. I only get the weak flashlight no matter what option I choose.

If I uninstall and reinstall, do I lose my pro version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used Routines+ (in the GoodLock suite) to produce a touch macro to force stop the app then re-enable and grant temporary permissions. It takes about 5 seconds to run after a reboot. Maybe there's something in this procedure that could be better automated. If a root option, as queried by k2828, is an option I'm sure many would be interested.
    With sideActions you can easily remap the Power Button on your Galaxy S20 to any action or app you like!
    Use the Power Button to mute your phone, turn on flashlight, launch Google Assistant or take a screenshot with just one click!

Optionally you can remap the volume buttons to Skip tracks when listening to music, or whatever you like!

With per app remapping! Use the Power Button / side key to take pictures in camera apps, take screenshots in browser and start flashlight when the screen is off!

To unlock best remapping experience a special permission is needed which can easily be unlocked with the included Windows app or manually via adb if you like!

FEATURES:
    • Double and long press supported!
    • Remap the Power Button / side key on Galaxy S20!
    • Launch Google Assistant with the Power Button
    • Remap the Volume buttons!
    • Per app remapping
    • Turn on the flashlight with the Power Button
    • Disable the Power Button
    • Skip tracks with the volume buttons
    • High performance! No lags!
    • No annoying ads

ACTIONS:
    • Turn on flashlight
    • Take a screenshot
    • Mute phone
    • Answer phone calls
    • Launch Google Assistant
    • Launch camera or any other app
    • Switch to last app
    • Disable the Power Button
    • 35+ actions

NOTES:
    • You can remap the Power Button / side key on your Galaxy S20
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if sideActions is compatible before updating Bixby or phone software!

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
    soon
    Please add compatibility with one 5.0 beta.. thanks!

I had the same issue, but for what it's worth, you can use Routines+ (from Good Lock) to override the side button.

Not quite as powerful as sideActions (can't have one action for lockscreen and another for unlocked), but it's at least functional on Android 13.
    Any update on getting this to work with the new update @Jawomo ?
    Is there a way to keep the screen from turning on while using this with the screen off? I double press for flashlight, but the screen always turns on. Thanks.

Thats not possible currently. Dont know why Samsung is doing this...
    I've used Routines+ (in the GoodLock suite) to produce a touch macro to force stop the app then re-enable and grant temporary permissions. It takes about 5 seconds to run after a reboot. Maybe there's something in this procedure that could be better automated. If a root option, as queried by k2828, is an option I'm sure many would be interested.